Help me find a Mobo for my Xeon X5460 + Overclocking tips

I'll start saying that my english is quite bad, but anyway.

Hi guys, I usually know my way around PC hardware in general to solve my problems, but now i'm kinda confused by something, and cant really find a Mobo for my needs, so I came here asking if you could help with the following:

- Suggest me a LGA 775 DDR3 Mobo for my modded X5460 (The legendary budget CPU)
- I'm confused about FSB at the moment, why does the CPU and the Mobo have FSB clocks? If the CPU FSB is higher, it won't work? What if they are the same? The processor can't overclock? 

So, i'm quite lost trying to take a decision. I'm "upgrading" my PC and I'll leave my current build down below:  (Remember, this is a budget build)

- 430W C3 Tech (It's actually good)
- G31T-M7 7.0  (DDR2 LGA 775)
- Xeon X5460 3,16Ghz (I pretend to overclock it on a new Motherboard)
- Galax GTX 1060 3Gb
- 1x 2Gb DDR2 RAM / 1x 1Gb DDR2 RAM (Here's my the reason to change Mobo, can't find 4Gb sticks for Intel systems, só i thought it would be a good ideia to "upgrade" to DDR3, since RAM capacity is starting to be a problem)

If you read all this way, i'm already thankfull for your attention. C:

You might want to give this a read to wrap your head around LGA 775 overclocking:

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

Isn't that CPU for 771 motehrboard and not 775?

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

3 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Isn't that CPU for 771 motehrboard and not 775?

It's a LGA 775 Modified CPU c:

CPU.jpg

4 minutes ago, Volcan300 said:

It's a LGA 775 Modified CPU c:

Didn't know, you can do that.

Looks interesting.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Thats a pretty old plataform, I mean what do you use your computer for, mostly? I really cant help you as I dont know alot about that socket or that CPU, still if you need anyhting be sure to ask.

EDIT: About that FSB (frontside-bus), well it links the memory of the chipset to the CPU multiplier,( the bigger the FSB the bigger the clock speed), It should work as it  is proportional to the speed.

2 minutes ago, Lock It said:

Thats a pretty old plataform, I mean what do you use your computer for, mostly? I really cant help you as I dont know alot about that socket or that CPU, still if you need anyhting be sure to ask.

I'm aware that's a old plataform, but it quite cheap for the performance, since my budget is low. This build is for gaming, and it's quite strong, running most games on High~Ultra 1080p. The problem i need to overcome now, is RAM capacity, so that's why i'm looking for a new DDR3 Mobo.  C:

3 minutes ago, Volcan300 said:

I'm aware that's a old plataform, but it quite cheap for the performance, since my budget is low. This build is for gaming, and it's quite strong, running most games on High~Ultra 1080p. The problem i need to overcome now, is RAM capacity, so that's why i'm looking for a new DDR3 Mobo.  C:

If you dont mind me asking whats your budget atm?

1 minute ago, Lock It said:

If you dont mind me asking whats your budget atm?

200~300U$

Just now, Volcan300 said:

200~300U$

you already have a PSU, and a GPU right?

Just now, Lock It said:

you already have a PSU, and a GPU right?

Yep, a GTX1060.

This is my best advice, ryzen 3 will be coming out very soo with very affordable prices+very cheap, If I was you I would wait a bit more you could snatch one of those for 140 I think so, then get 8 gbs ddr4 for 50 and getting a 80 mobo, total of 270 dollars. Thats really my best advice! (it would run everything 1080p high-ultra).

Edit: you can also squeeze more 30 dollars and get yourselfe a R5 1400 is a great option for you! I Just dont see a point going over a platform that will lost it compatibility, and ddr3 is much much slower than ddr4. Plus the Am4 chipset Will have lots of upgradability towards the future.

19 minutes ago, Lock It said:

This is my best advice, ryzen 3 will be coming out very soo with very affordable prices+very cheap, If I was you I would wait a bit more you could snatch one of those for 140 I think so, then get 8 gbs ddr4 for 50 and getting a 80 mobo, total of 270 dollars. Thats really my best advice! (it would run everything 1080p high-ultra).

Edit: you can also squeeze more 30 dollars and get yourselfe a R5 1400 is a great option for you! I Just dont see a point going over a platform that will lost it compatibility, and ddr3 is much much slower than ddr4. Plus the Am4 chipset Will have lots of upgradability towards the future.

Edit 2 : I didnt recomend intel cause they are more pricie, and cause LGA 1151 will die after the release of coffe lake, while AMD is brand new architecture etc.