144hz monitor

peibolrz
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,

It can be, but how noticeable is dependent on the content. The slower the content is, the lower the threshold is, for higher framerates to be indistinguishable. Video of slow clouds moving or something like that, even 30 to 60 fps is indistinguishable, and in fact one could take the extreme example of a completely stationary object, in that case 1 fps would be indistinguishable from 1000. In games like league of legends, 144 Hz is barely noticeable for me personally, but in games with faster and sharper movements involved like first person shooters, yes it's certainly noticeable above 60 Hz.

4 hours ago, peibolrz said:

@ShoshinUK i play very different types of games, but for the most time i usually enjoy racing games

Right, sorry I meant which specific games do you play regulary.

We need to work out if you will get anywhere near 144Hz in the game you actually play. For example Project Cars multiplayer, high or ultra graphics in 1440p needs a pretty decent system to get over 100fps with any consistency.

With your GPU, which is nice you need to be careful if going for near 144hz in 1440p, and you still won/t get near that in some titles in 1080p.

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF