For my first self built PC I am planning to partition off 250GB from my WD Black 1TB for MacOS X for work purposes. Any recommendation or feedback? :huh: 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

why the big font

get a seperate hdd for that

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Do the rest of your components support OS X?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

why the big font

get a seperate hdd for that

SHort post = Big font. Eye catcher. 

ANyway.. why? im on a budget so~ WHY!?? (T^T) :(

SHort post = Big font. Eye catcher. 

ANyway.. why? im on a budget so~ WHY!?? (T^T) :(

But you know what? It is rather difficult to read if you have to move your head around that much to just read a rather short and  simple question.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Is the PC already made with Windows installed? If not install OSX first and use bootcamp, it will be a million times easier than the other way around.

Is the PC already made with Windows installed? If not install OSX first and use bootcamp, it will be a million times easier than the other way around.

no need to use bootcamp if neither of the os is installed. just make two partitions ...

btw. it is possible. but it is easier to have a seperated harddrive for os x.

Agreed. I have my OS X on my 80Gb drive and then windows on my 240Gb SSD

So having a separate hard drive is better??

Why OS X first? 

Why OS X first? 

It is just easier to install. always disconnect the drive with the other os ...

It is just easier to install. always disconnect the drive with the other os ...

I see. oh that sneaky apple. 

Yes it is better too have them installed on difference HDD

\

Yes it is better too have them installed on difference HDD

I would however have a small partition formatted to fat32 so it is accessible by both OSs in case you need to transfer things between the 2 (unless OSx can write to ntfs these days).

btw. it is possible. but it is easier to have a seperated harddrive for os x.

It is much easier to have a separate drive when dual booting windows and os x

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

It is much easier to have a separate drive when dual booting windows and os x

But someone said that Mac Os will dicconect the windows os drive that it is on. wouldnt that harm some data

But someone said that Mac Os will dicconect the windows os drive that it is on. wouldnt that harm some data

Separating the OS's is the way to go. I have personally done it on my own system. You need the mac osx drive to be the first drive in the boot priority in order to be able to select which OS you want to boot to.

In the case of having them on the same drive there are extra steps and hurdles to go through to make sure the windows boot loader doesn't overwrite the hacked OS X boot loader or you will never be able to boot into your OS X partition...separating the drives avoids this all together. But of course it is definitely still possible have different partitions. 

http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leopard-desktop-guides/18658-guide-multibooting-novice-updated-3-12-see-log.html

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1