Uninstalling Windows 7 Partition.

Hi people of the internet,

I have just currently purchased my first SSD - currently, my computer build only has 1 HDD and this has everything sat on it.

My ideal scenario is to install Windows 7 onto this SSD, then remove the current partition off the HDD but still keep all my other data such as my games, documents etc etc

I was wondering if there is any way to create this ideal scenario and if anyone can offer any advice or guidance, it would be most welcome! 

Go to Forensit dot com and Download Transwiz Make a copy of your profile you will need to log onto another account on the computer to do this and then when you get the new software installed Run transwiz again and move the profile back onto the computer.

Main PC = I5 7600K @4.5ghz, Asus Gtx1070, 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz, 480GB SSD, Msi Z270 Mobo.

I have an idea but not a full proof solution per say, "Disk Cloning" you could clone the HDD to the SSD and there are free software and free trials you could check out, personally, I had never tried it yet

There are ways, but not the way you describe it. Windows partition has everything on the disk. Unless you have partitioned to few separate ones. Delete partition will delete EVERYTHING in that partition. You can backup files and software config files to external drive, then format. Later install software back and paste files and configs in. You could also delete Windows folders in safe mode or in Linux. This will leave some files to haunt you. Some software also can take new Windows install while they are on another drive. But they won't show in All Programs or Uninstall menu.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv