1080Ti or wait for V -ega/-olta

I currently have a surround setup thats 3x 1280x1024@75Hz with a secondary monitor for non-surround games (1600x900@60Hz, may upgrade to 1440p@165Hz Gsync). Computer cant run my games. Should I buy a 1080 Ti or wait for Vega or Volta? The goal is 3840x1024@75Hz.

The important Game is Just Cause 3, which i cant even run at 1600x1200, it dips below 60 fps. Other games I play that are easier to run are Overwatch, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm, Elder Scrolls Online, Skyrim. I will be playing Destiny 2 when it comes out. Any help appreciated!

Specs:

4790k@4.7GHz

Corsair H60

GTX 1070 AMP! Xtreme from Zotac

MSI Z97S SLI Krait

32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866

Corsair Force LE 480gb

If you wait, there will always be something greater and newer around the corner.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

well once they release the 1070 drops in value, so might be better to do now, only question is what kind of deal you can find for a 1080ti, using cashback deals I was able to score a 1080ti founders for under $600 USD, so that was a no brainer, but full price 1080ti is a hard pill to swallow.

Just now, Scruffy90 said:

If you wait, there will always be something greater and newer around the corner.

except when vega/volta launches there wont be anything new for a while

1080 Ti or add a second 1070, Vega is not worth the wait, honestly

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, cj09beira said:

except when vega/volta launches there wont be anything new for a while

We don't know that, nor do we not know when these things are launching definitively. My philosophy is always get the best of what you can afford currently, unless something better has a nearby and concrete date.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

59 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

1080 Ti or add a second 1070, Vega is not worth the wait, honestly

Second 1070 wont help JC3, doesn't support SLI.

We don't know that, nor do we not know when these things are launching definitively. My philosophy is always get the best of what you can afford currently, unless something better has a nearby and concrete date.

Vega is launching (and they said it would NOT just be a "paper launch") at Siggraph (or however you spell it) that takes place in just under 2 months, Volta release for consumer cards is unknown, but likely in the next 6 months.

3 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

we do at least for vega siggraph in end of july.

And this companies work in cycles of between 1-2 years, so right after a launch from both companies a new product coming soon is very rare (for the same market segment)

Just now, Daniel644 said:

Vega is launching (and they said it would NOT just be a "paper launch") at Siggraph (or however you spell it) that takes place in just under 2 months, Volta release for consumer cards is unknown, but likely in the next 6 months.

I thought they were announcing a release date for the consumer cards at Siggraph and that only the higher end "pro" cards were releasing then.

Well according to Intel's round up of their "flagship" i9 series just last week waiting until after a launch of a product will see some price changes as well as "newly" boosted OC, FTW, etc,. On the horizon so waiting a bit may be useful. Again that is the cpu side of things but with graphics I have seen markdown prices in the past.

Here's to AMD once again shaking up the market and hopefully making Nvidia sweat a bit.

Will my 4790K Bottleneck a 1080Ti? It stays at about 60% usage when the 1070 is at 95%.

I thought they were announcing a release date for the consumer cards at Siggraph and that only the higher end "pro" cards were releasing then.

the Frontier Edition (pro cards) launches at the end of this month, like the 27th or something.