Mirrorless?

vyx

Looking for some opinions for my partner. Most of what she shoots is our dog. So dealing with fast moving objects in varying light is key. Would an A6000 fit the bill? That's the price range I'm looking in.

Thanks

I have a mirrorless but mine doesnt have a viewfiner, but my understanding is that most modern mirrorless cameras suffer from motion blur through the electronic viewfinder so thats something to note i guess since u r taking photos of ur dog

I'd think the A6000 is a good option. Is a nice camera with pretty good auto focus and is pretty damn small.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Thanks guys, I guess i'm worried about what JJV said that the dog moving to fast would be tough to get a clear image of. Is a DSLR better in that regard?

49 minutes ago, vyx said:

Thanks guys, I guess i'm worried about what JJV said that the dog moving to fast would be tough to get a clear image of. Is a DSLR better in that regard?

DSLRs are know to have better tracking in general. I would prefer a DSLR over the a6000, but if you want mirrorless, the a6000 may be your best bet at the price. That coming from me says a lot, since I have, in this forum too, disouraged many from going for it due to my own bad experience with it. That said, the burst rate of the a6000 is (I believe) 10 fps, which most DSLRs don't even come close to, especially at this price range, however, when compared to a DSLR with a superior tracking system (not all of them have a superior tracking system however), say the DSLR has a 7 fps burst, it will nail 5 out of 7, while the sony will nail 6-7/10. 

That coupled with the pretty small buffer of the a6000 makes a bit of an issue out of it. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/