Youtube theater mode not changing player size

So ever since the new chrome update ( today) whenever i put any youtube video in theater mode it just moves it to the center of the screen and puts black bars to the left and right of it instead of resizing the player  , googling yielded no results , does anyone have any idea what might have caused that and\or have any solutions? Thanks in advance ( note : i am using two screens , a 1440p main screen and a 1080p secondary in case it affects the outcome).

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

what scaling are you on? I also had a plug in a while ago that resized the video automatically from the start.

Maybe some screenshots for reference, pls.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

8 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

what scaling are you on? I also had a plug in a while ago that resized the video automatically from the start.

Maybe some screenshots for reference, pls.

110% , yeah i tried with 100% , no difference whatsoever , also , screens : 

2772fe7bfe899a69e8169c677b26762f.jpg

f2833ae7d199a333e5af0478e90cd5cb.jpg

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

looks like the same scaling problem I have with my 1440p monitor. Go into theater mode and enlarge until it is as wide as the rest of the design(recommednations and comment section). Then go back to normal. While doing thise there should be a noticeable step ... idk what causes this scaling problem but is probably affiliated with Windows sucking at scaling.
The problem basically is that you have to be at ~140% scaling on 1440p for it to look the same as 1080p and for the 'design' to work. I suck to much at web development to explain this properly. Just look try fiddeling around with scaling on both monitors at the same time and you will see waht I mean. I don't think there is a way to fix this though you might want to try some plugins (i ama firefox user so don't ask me which pls)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

6 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

looks like the same scaling problem I have with my 1440p monitor. Go into theater mode and enlarge until it is as wide as the rest of the design(recommednations and comment section). Then go back to normal. While doing thise there should be a noticeable step ... idk what causes this scaling problem but is probably affiliated with Windows sucking at scaling.
The problem basically is that you have to be at ~140% scaling on 1440p for it to look the same as 1080p and for the 'design' to work. I suck to much at web development to explain this properly. Just look try fiddeling around with scaling on both monitors at the same time and you will see waht I mean. I don't think there is a way to fix this though you might want to try some plugins (i ama firefox user so don't ask me which pls)

thx for the help , ironically , at 125% zoom the player is bigger than at 150% zoom , i guess the latest chrome update fucked up the scaling cause it was working perfectly yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Justhavocman said:

thx for the help , ironically , at 125% zoom the player is bigger than at 150% zoom , i guess the latest chrome update fucked up the scaling cause it was working perfectly yesterday.

That is basically what I meant with 'it is fucked up'
Same on Firefox so no Chrom issue if you ask me.

3.Use

I had the exact same problem with my 1440p screen. The issue actually fixed itself when I updated to the new YouTube layout. Head over to https://www.youtube.com/new to start using the new layout. 

Gaming PC: i5 8600k @ 4.8GHz | 16GB T-Force Delta RGB @ 3200Mhz | Asus Prime Z370-A | Sapphire Radeon VII (Dead :( ), RX480 8GB | EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 | 120GB Sandisk SSD Plus, 120GB Kingston A400 | 4TB Seagate 7200RPM , 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Phanteks P400 Windows 10, MacOS Catalina

Second PC: i5 3340s @ 2.8GHz | 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1333MHz | EVGA 750Ti SC | Cheap £7 250GB WD HDD Windows 7

LaptopLate 2009 MacBook (Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, 120GB SSD, 9400m, running Mojave) , Late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina (i5, 4GB Ram, 128GB SSD)

Consoles: Xbox One, PS4 Slim, PS3 slim, Xbox 360 fat still going strong after almost 10 years, Original Xbox, PS2, PS1

Phone: Realme 6, Xiaomi Mi A2, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x, iPhone 6s (jailbroken)

Tablet: iPad Mini 2nd Gen Retina (Jailbroken)

Headphones:  Hifiman HE4xx, Phillips Fidelio X2, Status Audio CB-1,  Fiio E10k DAC, Schiit Magni 3+, Tin T2 IEM's, Astrotec S80

Keyboards:  2x Custom 60% - 1x Gateron Yellow, 1x Box Reds

19 minutes ago, Connor Price said:

I had the exact same problem with my 1440p screen. The issue actually fixed itself when I updated to the new YouTube layout. Head over to https://www.youtube.com/new to start using the new layout. 

THANK YOU!!!!! i had noticed that something weird was going on with youtube today , it would appear that the newest update on chrome rolled back the previous youtube layout , now it's working like a charm , thanks a bunch!

Just now, Justhavocman said:

THANK YOU!!!!! i had noticed that something weird was going on with youtube today , it would appear that the newest update on chrome rolled back the previous youtube layout , now it's working like a charm , thanks a bunch!

No worries man :) 

Gaming PC: i5 8600k @ 4.8GHz | 16GB T-Force Delta RGB @ 3200Mhz | Asus Prime Z370-A | Sapphire Radeon VII (Dead :( ), RX480 8GB | EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 | 120GB Sandisk SSD Plus, 120GB Kingston A400 | 4TB Seagate 7200RPM , 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Phanteks P400 Windows 10, MacOS Catalina

Second PC: i5 3340s @ 2.8GHz | 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1333MHz | EVGA 750Ti SC | Cheap £7 250GB WD HDD Windows 7

LaptopLate 2009 MacBook (Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, 120GB SSD, 9400m, running Mojave) , Late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina (i5, 4GB Ram, 128GB SSD)

Consoles: Xbox One, PS4 Slim, PS3 slim, Xbox 360 fat still going strong after almost 10 years, Original Xbox, PS2, PS1

Phone: Realme 6, Xiaomi Mi A2, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x, iPhone 6s (jailbroken)

Tablet: iPad Mini 2nd Gen Retina (Jailbroken)

Headphones:  Hifiman HE4xx, Phillips Fidelio X2, Status Audio CB-1,  Fiio E10k DAC, Schiit Magni 3+, Tin T2 IEM's, Astrotec S80

Keyboards:  2x Custom 60% - 1x Gateron Yellow, 1x Box Reds