Use your old laptop as an external monitor!!!

Hi, I just made a video on how to turn your old laptop into an external monitor for your new computer. Just wanted to chuck it out here in case anyone finds it useful :)

Link to video: 

Also, feel free to comment and discuss other uses for those old laptops that are just collecting dust.

diy perks made a video where he ripped off the monitor of a broken laptop and used it as external

which consumes alot less power and is much more portable than using the other laptop like you did

Yeah, but that requires a controller board to be bought doesn't it? And is a lot harder to get around to doing, since it requires the old laptop to be taken apart and then a case to be built. I mean sure, if you want to start a really cool project then what Diy Perks said would look better and be more efficient, but if you can't be bothered/don't have time to start such a project, this is a lot simpler.

Yeah, that's a good use for it :) 

Oh, and about your signature, I reckon dual booting Windows and Linux is the best option atm. That way you get the best of both worlds (Linux: Privacy, customization, speed. Windows: Billions of programs, more games).