Scrap Yard wars

Tamesh16
Go to solution Solved by The Sloth,

yup, we're waiting. 

Isnt the new episode (3) supposed to be out on Youtube today ?

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

Yayy

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Nope, it'll be up tomorrow. Edzel (main Scrapyard wars editor) got real sick so it got a bit delayed. Personally I'd rather have a better video a day later than a halfassed rushed video on time.

Main

CPU: i7 4790 Ram: HyperX Savage 24GB DDR3 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 960 MOBO: Asus B85 Pro Gamer SSDs: HyperX Fury 120gb, Corsair Force LX 128gb HDDs: Seagate SSHD 1tb + 1tb seagate HDD CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Pure Rock PSU: Corsair RM650x Case: Fractal Design Define C window Case fans: 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Ed. 140mm intake, 1x Corsair AF120 Quiet Ed. 120mm exhaust

Peripherals

Monitors: 2x Asus VN247H Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headset: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Mousepad: Steelseries QcK, Corsair MM300 XXL Cables: Corsair Premium Pro Red Sleeved Lighting: Corsair Node Pro

Laptops

HP Probook G4 440

CPU: Core i3 7100u Ram: 8gb DDR4 SSD: 256gb Sandisk X4 Pro Screen: 13.3" TN 

Asus E403SA

CPU: Pentium N3700 Quad Core Ram: 4gb DDR3 SSD: 128gb eMMC Screen: 14" 1080p TN

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8

PSU Tier List Updated    Personal Steam Account   

5 minutes ago, pelark said:

Nope, it'll be up tomorrow. Edzel (main Scrapyard wars editor) got real sick so it got a bit delayed. Personally I'd rather have a better video a day later than a halfassed rushed video on time.

Linus said it'll be Released on Sunday

Specifically this was asked about the YouTube posting, Episode 3 is already done and was released to Floatplane last week. I dont see a good reason to not post that one today - but maybe Edzel is sick and is also the one that takes care of that. 

Just now, Its Not Important said:

Linus said it'll be Released on Sunday

Oh shoot, got my days mixed up sorry about that :P 

Main

CPU: i7 4790 Ram: HyperX Savage 24GB DDR3 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 960 MOBO: Asus B85 Pro Gamer SSDs: HyperX Fury 120gb, Corsair Force LX 128gb HDDs: Seagate SSHD 1tb + 1tb seagate HDD CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Pure Rock PSU: Corsair RM650x Case: Fractal Design Define C window Case fans: 2x Corsair AF140 Quiet Ed. 140mm intake, 1x Corsair AF120 Quiet Ed. 120mm exhaust

Peripherals

Monitors: 2x Asus VN247H Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headset: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Mousepad: Steelseries QcK, Corsair MM300 XXL Cables: Corsair Premium Pro Red Sleeved Lighting: Corsair Node Pro

Laptops

HP Probook G4 440

Asus E403SA

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8

Just now, XtremeDev said:

Specifically this was asked about the YouTube posting, Episode 3 is already done and was released to Floatplane last week. I dont see a good reason to not post that one today - but maybe Edzel is sick and is also the one that takes care of that. 

Yeah, replied to a few threads at once and got both my video platforms and days messed up, real sorry about that one :P

Main

Peripherals

Laptops

HP Probook G4 440

Asus E403SA

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8

1 minute ago, pelark said:

Yeah, replied to a few threads at once and got both my video platforms and days messed up, real sorry about that one :P

Apology accepted. *retracts pitchfork*

Just now, XtremeDev said:

Apology accepted. *retracts pitchfork*

Lol thanks bud

Main

Peripherals

Laptops

HP Probook G4 440

Asus E403SA

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8

2 minutes ago, beza65 said:

Its a great episode enjoy!

So you actually paid to watch something that can be watched for free? I mean its not bad by any means, but personally everytime i paid for something virtual i feel like part of my soul died :/

I did indeed and i do not regret it!

1 hour ago, Its Not Important said:

So you actually paid to watch something that can be watched for free? I mean its not bad by any means, but personally everytime i paid for something virtual i feel like part of my soul died :/

The work that went into making it isn't virtual.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

1 hour ago, Centurius said:

The work that went into making it isn't virtual.

Just like CSGO skins, the work that went into making it isn't virtual but the "thing" you paid for IS virtual. I understand that its for supporting & appreciation sake, that's juat how i feel.

6 hours ago, Tamesh16 said:

Isnt the new episode (3) supposed to be out on Youtube today ?

Nope. I think the new episode 3 will upload within a week or two.

Context Matters!

3 hours ago, TechQuest said:

Nope. I think the new episode 3 will upload within a week or two.

the one day was fine, but 2 weeks, yikes, 

any updates when it will release on YouTube as its Sunday.

17 hours ago, Its Not Important said:

I don't pay for it because I get anything exclusive except for a badge on my profile and earlier content, I do it because LTT and other similar channels (I pay for BitWit Ultra aswell) are the only things I really enjoy watching. I feel that the small amount I pay in total for these channels (Around $6,50 USD a month) is completely worth it so I can contribute that small amount to actually letting them do what they do.

Main

Peripherals

Laptops

HP Probook G4 440

Asus E403SA

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8

Just now, pelark said:

I don't pay for it because I get anything exclusive except for a badge on my profile and earlier content, I do it because LTT and other similar channels (I pay for BitWit Ultra aswell) are the only things I really enjoy watching. I feel that the small amount I pay in total for these channels (Around $6,50 USD a month) is completely worth it so I can contribute that small amount to actually letting them do what they do.

Understood, that totally makes sense. It's just my feelings....

And I can speak for Kyle and the whole team at LMG when I say we think it's a damn kewl thing to do :D

It's getting to the point now where through Floatplane Club our early access direct contributors are making up a significant chunk of our revenue and driving some real change in the way we're approaching future content internally.

Expect to see more series-like content with high production values moving forward. Gonna be having some meetings this week....

edit: oh yeah SYW is late because the Floatplane version was delayed due to Ed's sickness this week and it messes up our release calendar hardcore if we start offsetting releases.

4 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

And I can speak for Kyle and the whole team at LMG when I say we think it's a damn kewl thing to do :D

It's getting to the point now where through Floatplane Club our early access direct contributors are making up a significant chunk of our revenue and driving some real change in the way we're approaching future content internally.

Expect to see more series-like content with high production values moving forward. Gonna be having some meetings this week....

edit: oh yeah SYW is late because the Floatplane version was delayed due to Ed's sickness this week and it messes up our release calendar hardcore if we start offsetting releases.

So need to basically wait for another 4-5 Hours for new SW? Dammit Linus, its Sunday 9:43 pm here. And tomorrow is work day :(

But hey at least I'm pretty excited for future high production values contents.

15 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

*OMG MY LORD HAS REACHED HIS HAND DOWN TOWARD ME AND HE HATH SPOKEN*

Really looking forward to the series content, will be supporting your channels directly for as long as I can.

On another (slightly related) subject, which channels would you consider adding in the future for FP if you actually get there? I hope, in addition to the other great channels like BitWit, Paul and Jay you'd consider some channels like AlittleDIMM (He has 7k subs, his content is seriously high quality though) and someone like Singularity Computers, as especially the latter struggles financially with YouTube and he is seriously passionate about his content.

Not trying to come with demands for here and now, I know you wonderful fellas are hard at work but something like that would be absolutely awesome for the future. I have high hopes for Floatplane club, I personally have shifted my entertainment focus from netflix and such to these forums, I really love it. 

@LinusTech

@Slick 

Main

Peripherals

Laptops

HP Probook G4 440

Asus E403SA

Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S8

5 hours ago, LinusTech said:

On the plus side, your latest video on the core i9 and x299 is up to 1.2mil in less than 24 hours! Cheers!???