High End Gaming PC

4 minutes ago, sundawg89 said:

Thanks for the input, I will get rid of the m.2 and keep the 1tb and get a 2tb WD black HDD. Can you give me a better suggestion for the 2 SP fans and memory and case? 

Thanks

Fans:

• The largest noctua fan you can fit or if 12cm mount go NF - S12A or NF-F12, if 14cm go NF-F14 or NF A14 FLX (no bling, looks like you pooped in your case becasue of the bronw color but the fans are to notch. Important about fans are noise, max cooling capacity (flow rate and static pressure) and longevity. the lather is decided by the bearing. Noctua generally uses very good bearings. IN general it is hard to go wrong with Noctua but that is also due to the fact that there is no such thing as a cheap Noctua fan lul)
  • I do not recommend Thermaltake but their Riing 14 RGB have tested well (for bling)
  • As mentioned before, silent wings 3
  • Also do you want to use them as a case fan or on a rad? if on a rad the frame is important too ... Just tell us more about waht you want and we give you better suggestions. That is how it goes in forums.

Memory:

Case:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

Because the R7 1700 won't offer anything extra just for gaming.

I agree that the 1600 is a better price/performance choice but I's also admit that the 7700/k would be a better fit then since it sits about in between.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

1 hour ago, Zaki_Owais said:

Then get this ASUS ROG Swift Curved PG348Q Gaming Monitor

One hell of an expensive monitor. OP bettter make another thread for that question

3.Use

Just now, GER_T4IGA said:

One hell of an expensive monitor. OP bettter make another thread for that question

what's "OP"

3 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Because the R7 1700 won't offer anything extra just for gaming.

Yeah, but 7700 does...

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

3 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Fans:

• The largest noctua fan you can fit or if 12cm mount go NF - S12A or NF-F12, if 14cm go NF-F14 or NF A14 FLX (no bling, looks like you pooped in your case becasue of the bronw color but the fans are to notch. Important about fans are noise, max cooling capacity (flow rate and static pressure) and longevity. the lather is decided by the bearing. Noctua generally uses very good bearings. IN general it is hard to go wrong with Noctua but that is also due to the fact that there is no such thing as a cheap Noctua fan lul)
  • I do not recommend Thermaltake but their Riing 14 RGB have tested well (for bling)
  • As mentioned before, silent wings 3
  • Also do you want to use them as a case fan or on a rad? if on a rad the frame is important too ... Just tell us more about waht you want and we give you better suggestions. That is how it goes in forums.

Memory:

Case:

Thanks for the great input, below is my updated build. My thinking was to have the radiator at the front so the fans would draw in air from the front. Im guessing these need to be static pressure fans and normal airflow fans in the rest of the case? I was thinking one at the back and two at the top? If you could suggest some for this configuration that would be great!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£302.00 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£119.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI - Z270 GAMING M7 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£211.12 @ Alza) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£155.26 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£279.98 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£109.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card  (£779.94 @ Aria PC) 
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass ATX Mid Tower Case  (£162.15 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 (EU) 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£103.02 @ Amazon UK) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  (£83.94 @ Aria PC) 
Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 77.6 CFM  140mm Fan  (£16.56 @ Aria PC) 
Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 77.6 CFM  140mm Fan  (£16.56 @ Aria PC) 
Total: £2340.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-03 17:56 BST+0100

3 minutes ago, Zaki_Owais said:

what's "OP"

Original poster

1 minute ago, sundawg89 said:

Thanks for the great input, below is my updated build. My thinking was to have the radiator at the front so the fans would draw in air from the front. Im guessing these need to be static pressure fans and normal airflow fans in the rest of the case? I was thinking one at the back and two at the top? If you could suggest some for this configuration that would be great!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£302.00 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£119.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI - Z270 GAMING M7 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£211.12 @ Alza) 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£155.26 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£279.98 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£109.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING Video Card  (£779.94 @ Aria PC) 
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass ATX Mid Tower Case  (£162.15 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 (EU) 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£103.02 @ Amazon UK) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  (£83.94 @ Aria PC) 
Total: £2340.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-03 17:56 BST+0100

Does he need 2 tb?

6 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

I agree that the 1600 is a better price/performance choice but I's also admit that the 7700/k would be a better fit then since it sits about in between.

I would take a 6 core over a 4 core for £110 less every time especially at 1440p or above. Not saying that the i7 doesn't have the edge but Ryzen is improving all the time and it will be a better long term purchase.

6 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Yeah, but 7700 does...

Ryzen is far better value for money though. An extra 2 cores for £110 less. It is only going to get better with all the optimizations. 

Just now, lee32uk said:

Ryzen is far better value for money though. An extra 2 cores for £110 less. It is only going to get better with all the optimizations. 

And how long is that gonna take? 3 years? By which time op might already be looking at an upgrade...

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Yeah I have debated Ryzen v Intel but decided the higher clock speed on the 7700k will be better for me as I will only be using it for gaming. I know in the future games might use more cores but for now I am happy with this.

Just now, sundawg89 said:

Yeah I have debated Ryzen v Intel but decided the higher clock speed on the 7700k will be better for me as I will only be using it for gaming. I know in the future games might use more cores but for now I am happy with this.

BAD idea,what kind of gamer would ditch two full cores???

1 minute ago, Zaki_Owais said:

BAD idea,what kind of gamer would ditch two full cores???

One that wants higher clock speeds lol

9 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

And how long is that gonna take? 3 years? By which time op might already be looking at an upgrade...

It has already seen improvements since launch. 

3 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

It has already seen improvements since launch. 

In a few titles, most of which the i7 still wins in, just not by as much.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

In a few titles, most of which the i7 still wins in, just not by as much.

I am not saying that the i7 isn't ahead but you have to look at the bigger picture. A 6 core cpu can easily last 6 years plus. How many people do you still see rocking Sandy Bridge i7's ? Also you are still going to get a very good gaming experience with Ryzen with more money left in your wallet at the end of it.

12 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

I am not saying that the i7 isn't ahead but you have to look at the bigger picture. A 6 core cpu can easily last 6 years plus. How many people do you still see rocking Sandy Bridge i7's ? Also you are still going to get a very good gaming experience with Ryzen with more money left in your wallet at the end of it.

Honestly, I don't see that many sundry bridge users anymore :P. A lot switched to skylake.

You also have to note the current rate of progress is greater than the last 6 years, THANKS to Ryzen. Zen2 will probably increase ipc by 10-15%, and 7nm might mean significantly higher clocks. Compared to the 5% IPC/year Intel was doing before, means, to me, that CPUs are going to get outdated quicker.

Yes, but that's not a great point. It's the same as saying get a 1080 instead of a 1080 ti because it's better perf/$. Yes, it's better perf/$. That doesn't mean everyone should get it. Some people just want dat max performance they can get.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Honestly, I don't see that many sundry bridge users anymore :P. A lot switched to skylake.

You also have to note the current rate of progress is greater than the last 6 years, THANKS to Ryzen. Zen2 will probably increase ipc by 10-15%, and 7nm might mean significantly higher clocks. Compared to the 5% IPC/year Intel was doing before, means, to me, that CPUs are going to get outdated quicker.

Yes, but that's not a great point. It's the same as saying get a 1080 instead of a 1080 ti because it's better perf/$. Yes, it's better perf/$. That doesn't mean everyone should get it. Some people just want dat max performance they can get.

I still see people over on Overclockers using older cpu's. I still have an Ivybridge cpu in my system which does me fine for now. The point I am trying to make is that a cpu will easily outlast the gpu as regards needing to upgrade. If you buy a 6 core now you should be set for at least 6 years or more.

A R5 1600 paired with a GTX 1080 ti is going to give great performance at 1440p. If the op decides to move up to 4K then Ryzen is neck and neck in the majority of games.

2 hours ago, Zaki_Owais said:

what's "OP"

original poster

3.Use

3 hours ago, lee32uk said:

I still see people over on Overclockers using older cpu's. I still have an Ivybridge cpu in my system which does me fine for now. The point I am trying to make is that a cpu will easily outlast the gpu as regards needing to upgrade. If you buy a 6 core now you should be set for at least 6 years or more.

A R5 1600 paired with a GTX 1080 ti is going to give great performance at 1440p. If the op decides to move up to 4K then Ryzen is neck and neck in the majority of games.

I know CPUs last longer than GPUs, but what I'm saying is, I foresee the rate of CPUs progressing INCREASING relative to the last 6 years thanks to Ryzen, especially when it comes to perf/$. Which will make CPUs go outdated quicker.

You yourself said GPUs get outdated quicker than CPUs. Which means, it's quite likely that OP might get the Volta xx80 ti card as an upgrade in a year or two. 4k only pushes the bottleneck off the CPU towards the GPU, but if you then increase the fps the GPU can push out the bottleneck can move back to the CPU. So while it is true that right now, you won't notice a different at 4k. In 2 years time it OP gets a gpu upgrade it's possible they WILL.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 hours ago, DocSwag said:

I know CPUs last longer than GPUs, but what I'm saying is, I foresee the rate of CPUs progressing INCREASING relative to the last 6 years thanks to Ryzen, especially when it comes to perf/$. Which will make CPUs go outdated quicker.

You yourself said GPUs get outdated quicker than CPUs. Which means, it's quite likely that OP might get the Volta xx80 ti card as an upgrade in a year or two. 4k only pushes the bottleneck off the CPU towards the GPU, but if you then increase the fps the GPU can push out the bottleneck can move back to the CPU. So while it is true that right now, you won't notice a different at 4k. In 2 years time it OP gets a gpu upgrade it's possible they WILL.

It makes even more sense to go for Ryzen if he moves to 4K. The fps difference is virtually cancelled out in the majority of games and if and when games start to use more cpu cores you are covered. A 4 core cpu won't be as relevant a few years down the line. Even the i5 is now becoming somewhat obsolete with Ryzen R5 taking it's place. More cores for less money is a no brainer imo.

21 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

It makes even more sense to go for Ryzen if he moves to 4K. The fps difference is virtually cancelled out in the majority of games and if and when games start to use more cpu cores you are covered. A 4 core cpu won't be as relevant a few years down the line. Even the i5 is now becoming somewhat obsolete with Ryzen R5 taking it's place. More cores for less money is a no brainer imo.

I literally just said that once GPUs become more powerful, that difference is gonna start showing up.

I also literally just explained how chances are op would be looking at upgrading in 3-4 years time.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

I literally just said that once GPUs become more powerful, that difference is gonna start showing up.

I also literally just explained how chances are op would be looking at upgrading in 3-4 years time.

It's 1AM here....gimme a break xD

9 hours ago, lee32uk said:

I understand your point but its likely in around 3-4 years I will upgrade. Additionally, I have a friend who works for intel so I am getting the 7700k for half the price which is another big factor for me.