QUICK. Open-air or Blower-style Cooler.

narscious

Need this answered quick:

GPU with which cooler do I need?
Blower style, or open style?
I'm not certain whether the case can sufficiently flush out all the heat.

I have a Fractal Design Core 1000.
A tiny mATX case.
There's only one 120mm fan at the front, creating a positive pressure system.

Please, I'm about to press the trigger, and I don't want my PC to explode.

Are you looking for new gpu or are your asking what style of cooler you need

Blower in that scenario

You generally don't want anything else in a small case.

What are you talking about?

He's talking about what type of cooler that is best for his small case. 

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

In a small case with poor air flow go with a blower to keep the hot air out of the case, if you ever intend to go wtih an SLI setup you want blowers as well or your top card will get a lot hotter and make it hard to overclock if you choose to...

The EVGA one at the bottom as it looks really nice and their customer support is amazing.  

Do NOT get that sku of the 760 from EVGA, it has an inferior cooler to the other one.

dont get the bottom evga, it might or might not have heatpipe in it (1 if there is) and has inferior cooling than the one thats on the first list, plus the first evga has aluminum body compared to the plastic on the last one and has 3 heatpipes, it will cost more though

dont get the bottom evga, it might or might not have heatpipe in it (1 if there is) and has inferior cooling than the one thats on the first list, plus the first evga has aluminum body compared to the plastic on the last one and has 3 heatpipes, it will cost more though

Oh dear, I went and bought the bottom one, thinking that it has the most performance.

Should I cancel it?

Oh dear, I went and bought the bottom one, thinking that it has the most performance.

Should I cancel it?

I would personally get the cheapest card (MSI one) because these are reference coolers and all of them are pretty loud and not great overclockers.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

typically blower cards are hotter and louder, but exhaust out the back of the case.

open coolers, are typically cooler, and quieter. but the exhaust stays in the case.

-if you have a lot of ventilation or just prefer near quiet cards, get an open cooler, otherwise go for the blower.

After the Radeon 4870X2 fiasco, I'll never again buy a blower fan card. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

After the Radeon 4870X2 fiasco, I'll never again buy a blower fan card.

its 2013 now, dont get stucked in the past,

and generally, almost all amd blower coolers sucks,

while on nvidia, they have pretty awsome blowers out there

Should I cancel it?

yeah i think you should, it will be worth all the troubles, plus based on the link its much cheaper, plus its the superclocked edition, meaning its factory clocked higher than the bottom evga which is at stock clock speeds,

forget the msi, thats the "real" reference blower cooler(louder,hotter) evga modified their reference blower cooler, you can check out google just type evga 760 cooler and go to images, the top evga has 3 heatpipes while the bottom evga has only 1, the bottom evga has plastic shroud while the top evga has aluminum, so yes, its a lot better than both the msi and the bottom evga.