Noctua Caselabs S3 Build

pzt

After having my old computer for like 6 months I decided I didnt like it because it was just to big for me, so then I downsized to mini-itx, watercooled it, then after a few more months i decided watercooling just wasnt for me. I had some troubles here and there watercooling, and I think that really spoiled the whole experience for me, plus after a while I just decided the pump and such was just a little on the loud size. Also, I got sick of the theme so here I am now. Completely silent, sexy looking great performing Caselabs S3 Aircooled!

This is my Progression and I couldnt be happier:

6XQ5E1g.jpg

h7LvNpy.jpg

To my S3 but same watercooling parts:

P7XerNr.jpg

ZYWLaw2.jpg

hOwpAR0.jpg

To what i Have now which is the real star of the show:

CYnmiaE.jpg

KILVu48.jpg

9grXh1F.jpg

AmjZkO3.jpg

ZqRfTkm.jpg

The parts are:

Evga Stinger Z77

GTX 680 (Still relavent)

i7 3770k

16gb corsair Vengance w/ EK memory module heatsink

Seasonic 860W Platinum (custom sleeved cables)

7 Noctua NF-S12A FLX

Samsung EVO 120gb ssd

And the heatsink is Prolimatech Genisis

Dat Genesis, what a massive thing :D

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

i don't get it... most of the time a fully water cooling system is the goal...

you went wrong somewhere.

but you are happy now, so good for you? :)

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

lookin good

Cant imagine going back to air after doing a few watercooling builds

what was the problem?

Dat Genesis, what a massive thing :D

i know it was much bigger than i thought originally! cool looking though. not just the up and down regular style!

i don't get it... most of the time a fully water cooling system is the goal...

you went wrong somewhere.

but you are happy now, so good for you? :)

haha yeah i know, I have been to the mountain top my friend, enjoyed it while it lasted, but everyone has to come down one day!

haha yeah i know, I have been to the mountain top my friend, enjoyed it while it lasted, but everyone has to come down one day!

yeah, but most people don't choose to come down :P

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

lookin good

Cant imagine going back to air after doing a few watercooling builds

what was the problem?

one of my rads leaking in my orginal system due to manufacture error, not mine, the modding of my case was just annoying back in my nzxt case. The power supply cable sleeving was terrible (i know not watercooling related but part of the whole experience). once i had the watercooling in the S3 everything was so tight and not a pleasure to work with. The sleeving i had made from inside the nzxt case was 4 times as long as it needed to be in the S3. And finally the pump sitting on metal of the S3 was loud, I didnt have anywhere else to put it.

best of all, zero maintenance. which is good for me. As a programming student, i need my computer to always be available. sometimes if i had to swap things of fluid it would be a day or so process and I would just DREAD the **** out of messing with my computer (I feel that shouldnt be the case)

sorry to hear that ,but needs to be reliable

S3 is a sweet case I have one I am working on now

looks fantastic! I actually prefer the air cooled S3 to the watercooled one :D

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Looks fantastic. Good job!

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

looks fantastic! I actually prefer the air cooled S3 to the watercooled one :D

Thanks man mee too, Like i said Everything I had was from the bigger original build so when i got my s3 I had to cram everything down into it, and that wasnt much fun! Plus going from that huge switch 810 i was not aware how hard it was going to be to work in such a tiny case.

Soooo much more space now that it is aircooled!

Looks fantastic. Good job!

do appreciate it Chatzev!

green - my favourite colour, like it man!

CPU: i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Maximus V Extreme | Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengance Red 1866Mhz | GPU:Nvidia Geforce GTX 780 SLI | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 2x1TB Seagate barracuda in RAID 1 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: HAF X Nvidia Edition | Mouse: Corsair M95 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 | LG Blu-Ray Player | 27" 2560x1440p Shimian, Acer 1920x1080p | AKG K550 Headphones | Behringer MS40 Speakers

• 11 months later...

looks great man ! 
i have a big respect for air cooling! and yours is done so well with the heatsink, noctua fans(i love them i dunno why people dont) and the caselabs s3 ;) sweet! is the s3 gunmetal?
only thing is.. the gtx 680 cooler is not so pretty (my opinion) but hey man who am i to judge ^^ nice build man :) 
you went from what i think is a bit ''gamer'' ish (green fans, lights everywhere and green fluid) which can be nice if you like it but i'm sorry i don't so i think you made your computer so so so damn much prettier by going to air :)

Looks awesome man, i love caselabs cases