First custom water cooled loop, Any suggestions?

So i am am going to be attempting my very first Custom water cool loop for my CPU, And here are the parts i have chosen. 

the i will be cooling is the i5 7600k.

The case i will be doing this in is the Fractal Design Define Mini C.

Block: XSPC RayStorm WaterBlock V3 > https://www.amazon.com/XSPC-RayStorm-WaterBlock-Intel-White/dp/B01967MFRS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1496277801&sr=1-1&keywords=XSPC+RayStorm+WaterBlock+V3

Res: AGB Alphacool Lighttower All-in-One Reservoir > http://www.aquatuning.us/water-cooling/reservoirs/tubing-reservoirs/60mm-m/16147/alphacool-lighttower-all-in-one-reservoir-black

Pump: Phobya DC12-260 > https://www.amazon.com/Phobya-DC12-260-12V-Pump-PWM/dp/B00OL5NH3M/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1496277848&sr=1-1&keywords=Phobya+DC12-260

Rad: XSPC EX120 Single Fan Radiator > https://www.amazon.com/XSPC-EX120-Single-Fan-Radiator/dp/B0067LW8HY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1496277872&sr=1-1&keywords=120mm+radiator

Barbs: XSPC G1/4" to 3/8" Barb Fitting, Chrome, 4-pack > https://www.amazon.com/XSPC-Barb-Fitting-Chrome-4-pack/dp/B00NODEC8Q/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1496278149&sr=1-4&keywords=1%2F4+Fittings

Tubing: XSPC FLX Clear UV 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD (19/12.7mm) > https://www.amazon.com/XSPC-FLX-Clear-UV-12-7mm/dp/B00N9HVTEM/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1496278278&sr=1-3&keywords=water+cooling+tubing

Liquid: Distilled water (With some anti corrosives) And maybe white dye.

And some hose clamps for extra protection againts leaks

(i am choosing the light tower res because i can plug the pump directly into it)

So to me all of this looks fine for a first water cooled loop, BUT i am 100% New at this and would love any part suggestions(or any suggestions at all) Thank you!

First suggestion, don't buy custom water cooling parts from Amazon. EKWB, Alphacool should be were you are looking, you can get everything you need from those two site. They are by far the two most reputable brands when it comes to custom water cooling

6 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

First suggestion, don't buy custom water cooling parts from Amazon. EKWB, Alphacool should be were you are looking, you can get everything you need from those two site. They are by far the two most reputable brands when it comes to custom water cooling

Thank you i will order it all from those sites

Umm, don't  get a loop, buy an unlocked i7 and an AIO.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Umm, don't  get a loop, buy an unlocked i7 and an AIO.

I already have the i5, And i am doing this loop as a learning experience, If you have no suggestions about this loop then don't say anything at all.

9 minutes ago, Doritojoe said:

I already have the i5, And i am doing this loop as a learning experience, If you have no suggestions about this loop then don't say anything at all.

If  some one brought a car to a garage and said "hey, I want advise on how to make this thing a souped up BEAST with a tail fin, slick cooling and killer aesthetics."

The mechanic then sees the engine - its an outdated, inefficient, noisy, under powered and stupidly hot set up.  The mechanic tells the  person that they would get  a much better improvement in every aspect of their car with a new engine - "it'll cost less and the car will be faster and more efficient" the mechanic says.  

Then the person doing the upgrades says "No.  I'd rather make my outdated, inefficient, noisy, under powered and stupidly hot engine work better as I already have it."

That's what it looks like to me.

PS. I'd get at least a 140mm radiator or a 240mm radiator.  120mm isn't worth it

Just now, Damascus said:

If  some one brought a car to a garage and said "hey, I want advise on how to make this thing a souped up BEAST with a tail fin, slick cooling and killer aesthetics."

The mechanic then sees the engine - its an outdated, inefficient, noisy, under powered and stupidly hot set up.  The mechanic tells the  person that they would get  a much better improvement in every aspect of their car with a new engine - "it'll cost less and the car will be faster and more efficient" the mechanic says.  

Then the person doing the upgrades says "No.  I'd rather make my outdated, inefficient, noisy, under powered and stupidly hot engine work better as I already have it."

That what it looks like to me.

PS. I'd get at least a 140mm radiator or a 240mm radiator.  120mm isn't worth it

I don't want to buy an AIO, i want customization, And you just don't get that with AIO's, Eventually i would like to do UV reactive liquid, And some crazy RBG builds, I just think they look amazing.

11 minutes ago, Doritojoe said:

I don't want to buy an AIO, i want customization, And you just don't get that with AIO's, Eventually i would like to do UV reactive liquid, And some crazy RBG builds, I just think they look amazing.

This is exactly what my whole stupid and winding metaphor was about.  You're giving up on performance in exchange for "dem sweet looks!!!!!"

A Swiftech H220 X2 will set you back $210 on amazon, has rgb and color-able tubing and is expandable.   Add 300 bucks for a 7700k and you have way better performance and the option to upgrade in the future.

BTW the H220 will cool better than your custom loop as it has twice the radiator real estate. (test out of your PC before use btw)

1 hour ago, Doritojoe said:

-SNIP-

It would be highly suggest to get a 240mm rad or larger especially for further expansion for the potential of adding in a GPU block, your going to be limited by using only a 120mm rad. With a single 120mm it would be less efficient than say a large air cooler which are comparable to 240mm AIO units. 

For the fittings you currently have ones that are too small for the 1/2"ID 2/4" OD tubing they need to match, ideally I would recommend to look at getting compression fittings as they don't need clamps to hold the tube in place as with those barbs currently selected. 

13 hours ago, Damascus said:

This is exactly what my whole stupid and winding metaphor was about.  You're giving up on performance in exchange for "dem sweet looks!!!!!"

A Swiftech H220 X2 will set you back $210 on amazon, has rgb and color-able tubing and is expandable.   Add 300 bucks for a 7700k and you have way better performance and the option to upgrade in the future.

BTW the H220 will cool better than your custom loop as it has twice the radiator real estate. (test out of your PC before use btw)

a i5 7600k is not a garbage CPU.

one reason I water cool my PC's is that it is fun to do, no one buys water cooling because it is going to give them any meaningful performance more then spending that money on better CPU/GPU hardware. I also think it is better to start on a smaller lower end system so the person can see were they could improve.

EK has some nice kits that bundle all the essentials, it is a very good way to start out. 

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

3 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

a i5 7600k is not a garbage CPU.

one reason I water cool my PC's is that it is fun to do, no one buys water cooling because it is going to give them any meaningful performance more then spending that money on better CPU/GPU hardware. I also think it is better to start on a smaller lower end system so the person can see were they could improve.

EK has some nice kits that bundle all the essentials, it is a very good way to start out. 

Thank you so much for the response, You just explained to everyone what i was trying to! And i have looked into EK, And i will be going with one of there res and pump combos, Most likely the EK-XRES 100 DDC MX 3.1 (With the pump) This build she be starting in the next 4 weeks or so, I will do a post when it is done if everything goes alright.

16 hours ago, W-L said:

It would be highly suggest to get a 240mm rad or larger especially for further expansion for the potential of adding in a GPU block, your going to be limited by using only a 120mm rad. With a single 120mm it would be less efficient than say a large air cooler which are comparable to 240mm AIO units. 

For the fittings you currently have ones that are too small for the 1/2"ID 2/4" OD tubing they need to match, ideally I would recommend to look at getting compression fittings as they don't need clamps to hold the tube in place as with those barbs currently selected. 

I will be getting compression fittings and switching to 1 240mm Rad thank you :)