Time for a new monitor

bobzen

So i got tired of my ASUS ROG PG278Q faulty pixels and stuff (cant recommend this monitor at all rma'ed it 3 times and still some pixels is dead)

i was looking at the ASUS ROG PG278QR with 165Hz but idk if i should go with it since i have had such a bad experience with the Q model :(

The question is. Have any of you the QR model, if so whats your experience with it? good or bad?

Also if you have any suggestions then feel free to post. budget is around 1.5K USD. Please no more than 27 inch, since im making the Q model my 2nd monitor and i wont have space to more than that, and G-sync is a must :) 

Thanks in advance

6 minutes ago, bobzen said:

So i got tired of my ASUS ROG PG278Q faulty pixels and stuff (cant recommend this monitor at all rma'ed it 3 times and still some pixels is dead)

i was looking at the ASUS ROG PG278QR with 165Hz but idk if i should go with it since i have had such a bad experience with the Q model :(

The question is. Have any of you the QR model, if so whats your experience with it? good or bad?

Also if you have any suggestions then feel free to post. budget is around 1.5K USD. Please no more than 27 inch, since im making the Q model my 2nd monitor and i wont have space to more than that, and G-sync is a must :) 

Thanks in advance

I haven't tried the PG278QR or the Q... As of the reviews of bad pixels and horrid light bleed stories... Instead i got the dell S2716DG, Absolutely love it, it is TN, And I have zero dead pixels... very very minor light bleed on the bottom border.

I have heard alot of good things of the new QR model tho..

Just now, Atreyix said:

I haven't tried the PG278QR or the Q... As of the reviews of bad pixels and horrid light bleed stories... Instead i got the dell S2716DG, Absolutely love it, it is TN, And I have zero dead pixels... very very minor light bleed on the bottom border.

I have heard alot of good things of the new QR model tho..

Thanks for the reply.

Yea the dell one looks sweet, havent found any bad reviews about the QR either, dont really get how the Q model made it so high in pcpartpicker o.O

Idk if i should just give it a try and buy QR model, cant really find any detailed review on it tho :/ 

Just now, bobzen said:

Thanks for the reply.

Yea the dell one looks sweet, havent found any bad reviews about the QR either, dont really get how the Q model made it so high in pcpartpicker o.O

Idk if i should just give it a try and buy QR model, cant really find any detailed review on it tho :/ 

The Q model is 165hz AND is IPS. That's why its so expensive.. but you also gamble for problems with the panel. The QR model is TN and 165hz.

4 minutes ago, Atreyix said:

The Q model is 165hz AND is IPS. That's why its so expensive.. but you also gamble for problems with the panel. The QR model is TN and 165hz.

i mean the old Q model with 144hz :)

also 1ms respons time is a must

and i guess the new Q model doesnt have that with IPS :/