If you could filter out threads with specific words in them in your settings...

That Norwegian Guy

...I would be so happy.

It's obviously Sci-Fi, but if it was possible, are there any words you would add to such a filter?

I would filter out "bottleneck" and "futureproof", as 99% of those threads are a spiral of misinformation.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

i would filter out any threads with the misuse of the number sign (#) as in #sawg

and also any thread that the title is in ALL CAPS

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

i would filter out any threads with the misuse of the number sign (#) as in #sawg

and also any thread that the title is in ALL CAPS

i would filter out any threas about moaning bitches

Kitchens

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

i would filter out any threas about moaning bitches

i would agree, they are the worst

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Kitchens

Pensions.

God... Kitchens was so 5 seconds ago.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It's obviously Sci-Fi, but if it was possible,

Actually, that idea would be feasible as long as you just want to filter out

specific keywords. What would be trickier is filtering threads based on actual

content and the context in which these words occur together.

are there any words you would add to such a filter?

Leaving out obvious SPAM, I come up with corrosion, biocide, and, as said,

bottleneck.

If the engine was smart enough to understand context, then I'd have filtered

out childish and immature stuff. Then again, what exactly that would mean could

be tricky to define... ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Everyone has something to say, let them say it. Just because it isn't important to us, doesn't mean it should be ignored.

Valid point, but to me it's less about outright ignoring people and more about

focusing my limited time on things where I can actually accomplish something/

be useful. Some subjects just lead to endless debates with lots of opinions and

very few facts, and even those few facts sometimes get interpreted in very different

fashions. I just don't have the time to get into these long debates anymore, plus

explaining some stuff for the umpteenth time gets a bit exhausing at some point.

I still like giving advice, and when I started out on internet forums I gave lots

of it to lots of people, but at some point my line of thinking started to go along

the line of "Well, I've helped them, so now they can help others with what they've

learned and I can focus on other things." (sort of "The world was working fine before

I came along and it will keep turning without me.").

I like helping people, but both my time and energy are limited, so I need to focus

my resources. And since there are a lot of other people willing to help (and capable of

helping), I can leave out certain topics and focus on others without a bad conscience. ;)

So yeah, that would be my primary motivation for this, aside from SPAM filtering.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I'd filter out containing word best, like what is the best N? 

Really hate those.

Valid point, but to me it's less about outright ignoring people and more about

focusing my limited time on things where I can actually accomplish something/

be useful. Some subjects just lead to endless debates with lots of opinions and

very few facts, and even those few facts sometimes get interpreted in very different

fashions. I just don't have the time to get into these long debates anymore, plus

explaining some stuff for the umpteenth time gets a bit exhausing at some point.

I still like giving advice, and when I started out on internet forums I gave lots

of it to lots of people, but at some point my line of thinking started to go along

the line of "Well, I've helped them, so now they can help others with what they've

learned and I can focus on other things." (sort of "The world was working fine before

I came along and it will keep turning without me.").

I like helping people, but both my time and energy are limited, so I need to focus

my resources. And since there are a lot of other people willing to help (and capable of

helping), I can leave out certain topics and focus on others without a bad conscience. ;)

So yeah, that would be my primary motivation for this, aside from SPAM filtering.

Very well said. Also, there are so many of these:

1359841790T83k6j.png

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

What can I say man. That's pretty much the best response to such a comment I think you'll find. I'll just shut up now and sit in the corner contemplating :). Very well said and I completely agree with you. If your here for a task and objective, you don't want nor need to be thrown off that ideal by wayward topics etc. Fair point as well about having to be repetitive with your comments. Although many wouldn't hold the appropriate appreciation of shared knowledge as much as you do, thus preventing the proliferation of information.

Nono, don't shut up, your comment prompted me to make my comment in the first

place (plus, I do think it was a valid point to raise)! :) Good feedback is very

helpful in improving one's own ideas (well, at least for me), be that to show a

flaw in my thought process or simply giving me a different perspective and allow

me to take something into account I might have overlooked the first time.

Or, such as in this case, simply motivating me to clarify my POV so that people

can understand my train of thought better (which again might enable them to detect

flaws in my arguments etc., thus allowing me to improve my argument or adjust my

opinion if I think I've been wrong).

It's all about reciprocation IMHO. :)

Very well said. Also, there are so many of these:

<...askholes...>

Thanks! And yeah, some people are just too lazy. I don't really have a problem

with somebody asking an easily google-able question, since maybe they're really

unsure instead of lazy. But then disregarding the advice given simply because it's

not what you want to hear... yeah. :rolleyes: