$20 CPU Cooler

EnderCat
22 minutes ago, EnderCat said:

Okay so I have a amd fx 8150 and with the stock cooler it is overheating so is there any ways to cool it down while I wait for a new cooler? maybe turning down the voltage or something? it's not overclocked

Hello!

Please, ignore everyone else within this thread as of now, as I such are incredibly drastic measures without being provided with actual temperatures to base off. 

May I quickly inform you to prevent concern that your CPU may not exactly be within hazardous temperatures, as  61oC or 149 degrees Fahrenheit is the highest recommended temperature for it to operate at.

So unless noise is of annoyance I doubt that your included stock cooler is not adequate considering AMD knows of its 125w TDP...

Therefore, what are your current maximum temperatures during benchmark test load? Try running a CPU stress test to determine this. 

Have you attempted a thermal paste reapplication yet?

Underclocking is far to drastic if you ask me right now.

-EnergyEclipse

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

31 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Under clock the cpu, if you keep the same clock speed and turn down the voltage the system will just become unstable 

Dude, that is a ridiculous recommendation considering you have not yet be provided with temperatures by the original poster D:

3 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Hello!

Please, ignore everyone else within this thread as of now, as I such are incredibly drastic measures without being provided with actual temperatures to base off. 

May I quickly inform you to prevent concern that your CPU may not exactly be within hazardous temperatures, as  61oC or 149 degrees Fahrenheit is the highest recommended temperature for it to operate at.

So unless noise is of annoyance I doubt that your included stock cooler is not adequate considering AMD knows of its 125w TDP...

Therefore, what are your current maximum temperatures during benchmark test load? Try running a CPU stress test to determine this. 

Have you attempted a thermal paste reapplication yet?

Underclocking is far to drastic if you ask me right now.

-EnergyEclipse

Well first off yes I reapplied thermal paste but it was the crappy $2 type you can get on amazon but considering it is getting in the 60c range just by downloading aida64 means I think its one of those despite times you were talking about

5 minutes ago, EnderCat said:

Well first off yes I reapplied thermal paste but it was the crappy $2 type you can get on amazon but considering it is getting in the 60c range just by downloading aida64 means I think its one of those despite times you were talking about

It is supposed to operate at that temperature.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, JDE said:

No but maybe I exaggerated a bit but its weird I have been running aida64 for about 6 minutes now and its stabilizing at 61c

4 minutes ago, JDE said:

Yes, as I wish Endercat had spotted.

3 minutes ago, EnderCat said:

No but maybe I exaggerated a bit but its weird I have been running aida64 for about 6 minutes now and its stabilizing at 61c

My provided temperature was for maximum averagely stabilized temperature of your processor, so 61oC is expected by AMD.

Also I kinda wanna see which thermal paste you have now lel  

3 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Yes, as I wish Endercat had spotted.

My provided temperature was for maximum averagely stabilized temperature of your processor, so 61oC is expected by AMD.

Also I kinda wanna see which thermal paste you have now lel  

This is it https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008MIMB0E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_nUFlzbKVKZKKX btw the reason I thought it was my CPU was my computer would keep shutting off after streaming or playing games with Skype up

48 minutes ago, EnderCat said:

This is it https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008MIMB0E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_nUFlzbKVKZKKX btw the reason I thought it was my CPU was my computer would keep shutting off after streaming or playing games with Skype up

Thank you for the link! I'll probably lend up testing that against Arctic Silver 5 now.

Aside, I do see now as to of your issue with thermal throttles since my father's AMD CPU based system occasionally does the same turning off courtesy of ridiculous thermals from the in adequate CPU cooler to which he unknowingly purchased of.

1 hour ago, EnderCat said:

My CPU runs at 81c with the intel stock fan with just minecraft on.

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

31 minutes ago, JDE said:

*cough* should've invested on a Hyper 212 EVO, not Minecraft *cough*

JK, but you should still check that out.

33 minutes ago, JDE said:

I would love to know what CPU you have, if I may ask. Do you have a GPU? Do you run Minecraft and other CPU intensive games on that GPU?

Just now, ItalianBread said:

*cough* should've invested on a Hyper 212 EVO, not Minecraft *cough*

JK, but you should still check that out.

I know.

Hyper 212 is horrible though, and I run cracked :P

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

I would love to know what CPU you have, if I may ask. Do you have a GPU? Do you run Minecraft and other CPU intensive games on that GPU?

Check my sig.

Spoiler:

Spoiler

WITH INTEL® 4TH GENERATION CORE i5 PROCESSORS INSIDE

DUH...    DUH DUH DUH DUH

Intel Core i5 4460, Radeon R7 370

Just Minecraft and Window 7

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

Just now, JDE said:

I know.

Hyper 212 is horrible though, and I run cracked :P

The Hyper 212 runs pretty good on my end. About 10-15C less than the stock cooler I have.

1 minute ago, JDE said:

Check my sig.

Spoiler:

Hide contents

WITH INTEL® 4TH GENERATION CORE i5 PROCESSORS INSIDE

DUH...    DUH DUH DUH DUH

Intel Core i5 4460, Radeon R7 370

Just Minecraft and Window 7

Oh man. Don't you have an option to run the game on your 370? :D

Oh man. Don't you have an option to run the game on your 370? :D

Mincecraft is CPU-heavy.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

Just now, JDE said:

Mincecraft is CPU-heavy.

It is, but there's always the option to run it with your GPU. I think the AMD Control Center had an option for it. 

6 hours ago, JDE said:

Ofc Intel =/= AMD. FX chips overheat when they go over 70C.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 hours ago, JDE said:

Looks like someone needs to invest in a CPU cooler then..

No but really, get a 212 (or a TX3i if a 212 doesn't fit in your case). Any CPU cooler will do fine.