FYI: Killer E2500 NIC + ESET Internet Security = BSoD

I just joined so I don't know if this has been a topic already hashed out, but a quick search turned up nothing so here goes.

My brand new build features a Killer E2500 NIC (which I have mixed feelings about, but won't digress). I've been a longtime user of ESET and got it loaded up too. I started noticing frequent BAD_POOL_CALLER BSoDs, seemingly always while browsing with Chrome. Windbg pointed at netio.sys, which led me to the Killer driver.

Killer tech support was great, getting back to me very quickly with a known problem, asking "do you use ESET by any chance?"

Apparently ESET is working on a fix but I haven't heard back from them yet. Disabling "Advanced Stream Detect" in Killer Control Center is a viable workaround for now.

And in the end, I've had the same crash while NOT using Chrome as well, the process was just "System".

So there, now it's posted for anyone else having the same problem. Raise a case with Killer and/or ESET. I've done so and made the *.DMP file available.

- D

Literally just registered to say thank you. I have the same problem, new build, and im using a mobo with Killer E2500 lan, while im also using ESET Internet Security. I spent my whole day troubleshooting the problem. When i had a suspicion that either the Killer lan driver or ESET is the problem i found your post. 

That's what the forums are for - glad it was helpful to someone!

• 3 weeks later...

Same here new MOBO Gigabyte Aorus z270x with i7 7700K and corsair DDR4 vengeance lpx 3000, Killer E2500 Lan

I flash bios, reinstall all drivers and checked memory number of times. Always the same random BSOD in any browser under Windows 10. Running ESET for years. Finally I disabled Killer control center and the problem SOLVED. Then I found this post :) Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Well i have exactly the same issue with my net setup I have gigabyte Aorus z270x gaming 7 with Killer with eset smart security

Just install only the drivers alone without the killer app center

Finally! I found out what's wrong with my BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD. I really can't believe that ESET with Killer Control Center was conflicting. Thanks OP for this thread, really saved my life from throwing my new PC over the window.

• 3 weeks later...

i've also had this problem for the last week now been trying to find out wtf, jesus christ.

eset was the first antivirus i managed to pirate without getting a virus back when i was like 13 in the windows 98/xp days and it was the best antivirus ever! kept my pc speedy and delivered great virus protection. now i purchase it off newegg and purchase it for any computers i build for clients. will be disabling killer control center.

i cant believe i reinstalled windows before finding this.