Dual ODD SlimDrive 6.25" Drive Bay + Help

Hey guys,

I know a couple of people have been looking for a drive bay that holds dual ODD slimline bays. I have been looking a while for one. The Plextor Model PX-DB608AL appears to no longer be available anywhere, but I did find this:

https://www.amazon.com/BYTECC-BRACKET-535-5-25-Metal-Convert/dp/B004O9T5GS

31FCyHuD2YL._SX425_.jpg.0e42285d2e5f6ae0255f1e11bcbf0da1.jpg

I wanted this bay device because I am building my first computer, but do not have as many drive bays as I would like, so I'm trying to maximize space. What do you guys think is the best way to add additional SATA 3 ports to a computer? I thinking of just adding an additional PCIe controller card, but is this the best way to go?

Just use a USB optical drive. If you want more drives if use a lsi hba like a Dell h200. Most of the cheap sata ones suck. 

• 3 years later...
On 5/28/2017 at 2:17 PM, Toddribault said:

Hey guys,

I know a couple of people have been looking for a drive bay that holds dual ODD slimline bays. I have been looking a while for one. The Plextor Model PX-DB608AL appears to no longer be available anywhere, but I did find this:

https://www.amazon.com/BYTECC-BRACKET-535-5-25-Metal-Convert/dp/B004O9T5GS

31FCyHuD2YL._SX425_.jpg.0e42285d2e5f6ae0255f1e11bcbf0da1.jpg

I wanted this bay device because I am building my first computer, but do not have as many drive bays as I would like, so I'm trying to maximize space. What do you guys think is the best way to add additional SATA 3 ports to a computer? I thinking of just adding an additional PCIe controller card, but is this the best way to go?

Thanks! Just what I wanted. I have some slim ODD bays that I want to put into a sleeper desktop machine I am building.