Triple your Battery Life for FREE! THIS METHOD REALLY WORKS!

5 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

Dude SERIOUSLY STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are only making yourself look like a fanboy if you can't admit to the things I've explained and I don't have the time or patience to deal with Fanboys.

lets just see who cant admit to things that were explained here..

if a guide doesnt apply to everyone its a lie..

so if a build guide tells someone to use both hands, is it a lie because someone may be disabled and only have one arm?

i'm trying to make you do this:

5 hours ago, manikyath said:

it'd just be nice if more people would look at things other people do and think "why did this person do this" instead of thinking "how can i twist this to make it offensive to me" a tad more often.

and you're clearly failing..

seeing other people's perspective on things may help you understand their reasoning, and become less shallow of a person yourself as well.

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

can't wait for the new scrapyard episode 

its not actually at a scrapyard, total clickbait ;)

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

lets just see who cant admit to things that were explained here..

if a guide doesnt apply to everyone its a lie..

so if a build guide tells someone to use both hands, is it a lie because someone may be disabled and only have one arm?

IT IS WHEN THE TITLE SAYS HOW TO TRIPLE YOUR BATTERY LIFE

Just now, Daniel644 said:

IT IS WHEN THE TITLE SAYS HOW TO TRIPLE YOUR BATTERY LIFE

yes, repeating yourself in a bigger font totally helps. you're not driving a point here..

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

yes, repeating yourself in a bigger font totally helps. you're not driving a point here..

AND ALL YOU ARE PROVING IS YOU ARE A TROLL THAT MUST GET THE LAST WORD

IF YOU WON'T ADMIT THE TITLE IS NOT TRUE THEN THERE IS NOTHING MORE TO DISCUSS.

I am just in shock. Really in shock. And that's something I do not like. So here is my small tutorial on how to prevent getting into shock.

*PS: all the text on the screenshots is in Dutch. Might explain a thing or two, but I asume google translator can help you out.

Step 1:

Just to be on the safe side, we need to send Linus a signal. He only seems to care about them currency items, so get yourself ad blocker or whatever program you can use to get rid of YT ads. It's never a bad idea to add those ad servers to your hosts file, but you should look moar into this yourself. (google is partly your friend)

After installing this adblocker, it will create a new icon on your browser (if using firefox at least) like this:

1.png.71047bdf6cd5726f75d190d1930c3266.png

Step 2, multiple steps:

-1 Unsubscribe! Ad people seem to like lots of subs, so make sure you aren't subbed. (abonneren = subscribe)

-2 Thumbs down! Hit that button every time you see a linus vid. Even if a rare good vid shows up.

-3A Make sure auto play is turned off. You don't want to watch a good vid, ans suddenly Linus pops up raping your ears.

-3B Because toxic stuff will show up in the recommended list. (which we can fix!)

2.png.78494220e00a23fb5dda5ecef81bf29d.png

Step 3:

Go to the main screen on youtube, and look for any "recommended for you" stuff from Linus. Hover your mouse over it, and 3 dots will pop-up on the bottom right side under the vid. Click on it, and a hidden button pops up. It will say something like: not interested. Click on it ASAP. External/optical mouse will work best, so plug it back in if you're on a craptop.

5.png.26690fe516d43794822b553285010b2e.png

Step 4:

-1 YAY!!!

-2 Click on "let us know why", because you've only removed one tocix vid from the recommended list.

6.png.4255361aa0afa5efd8d0a722c575f3ac.png

Step 5:

Now you can inform YT why you don't want this toxic stuff.

-1 I don't like this vid. Great start, and lets hope there is some YT algoritm that will downgrade LTT stuff for other people. Make the internet a better place, 1 crappy YT "content creator" at a time.

-2 I have no interest in this channel: Linus Tech Tips. If you click this checkbox, youtube will no longer suggest viewing this toxic crap! It will no longer pop up on the main page, nor wil it pop up in the recommended vid list as shown in step 2, part 3. You could put auto

play back on.

*PS: don't forget to press Send!

7.png.e954bcd3e4d1d2c57e7983e5e8a32c97.png

Step 6:

You are done! You will get a nice blank spot where there used to be a toxic image with link. To be on the safe side, press CTRL+SHIFT+R (at least in Firefox) to clear your cache from toxic stuff, and get a fresh YT page. Without any LTT toxic stuff on it!

8.png.13e48a992fd2af3f323d86e6ddfdaaf8.png

*PS: These changes won't screw up your search results. If you would search on YT for Linus Tech Tips, it will show you the results. It just no longer recommends this crap anymoar.

If you have done all of this, this smug face with strange thingy around it might change into a sad face. If I had actual skillz, I might have edited the image to a sad smiley face, but that's just for extra credits.

4.png.6fd3db45904f251e64232260e062de24.png

If you want to see moar blue haired chicks which don't know what a comb is, send me a PM. Only do so if you are 18+. I will try to reply with a "nice" link to "another side", where you will see ALOT moar of blue haired girls like this one:

3.png.6b62c3a5f049899447a66f899a600417.png

*PS: to the mods, if my last comment went to far please just edit this post. Went lots moar time into creating this post then there was time (or brain cells) used for creating the vid we are all talking about.

*PS2: not implying this girl is *insert bad/sexist sterotype in now* .

*PS overall: if Linus wants to make this tutorial into a sticky on-its-own topic, please contact me trough PM. I want some of them youtube currency items for that.

When the forum thread becomes more critical of the channel than the YouTube comment section.

Image result for world ending meme

Seriously though, he did disprove some of the methods that seem to make sense on paper, like lowering the resolution.

And about his baseline, yes, none of us would do any of those things because we fully understand the limitations of our device, but not the average Joe, the targeted audience for this video.

When someone like my mom buys a laptop, she would think that the advertised battery life of a laptop is what she would get out of the box, regardless of her habits and use case, and this includes things like leaving the keyboard back-light on even during daylight. Of course, sooner or later she's going to find out that the battery barely lasts for a few hours, nowhere near what she was promised. So, she quickly runs to google and starts looking at how to get more mileage out of her new device; and as Linus showed in the beginning of the video, there are some very weird (and potentially dangerous) ways being recommended, so much so that even to some of us computer geeks, it makes complete sense (i.e. lowering the screen resolution). So this video in some sense helped to objectively show which of those "tips and tricks" actually worked and if so, by how much.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this video (like a build guide) was not meant for most of us, who already knew how to get the most out of our devices, and where our expectations should lie regardless of what the manufacturer claims.

Regarding the "clickbaity" title, I think Linus already explained this somewhat in the last Honest Answers video, it works and that's just the way YouTube is. Personally, I don't think this video was as clickbaity as it was trying to poke fun at other clickbaity sites and videos.

Just now, Daniel644 said:

AND ALL YOU ARE PROVING IS YOU ARE A TROLL THAT MUST GET THE LAST WORD

and you're doing what exactly? i'm pushing forward different viewpoints, comparisons, and opinions to the table, all you're doing is reiterating the title of the video contains the word "triple", which is one of the first points i've brought up to you, and you've appareantly still not managed to grasp the idea behind it. wether your opinion of me will change or not, i'm here to try to put out some matter for thought, even though the other side of the line has a stick up their caps key thinking it'll somehow make them more credible.

the facts are that *he* tripled his battery life, he made a guide how *you* can do the same thing, if starting from the same "baseline". is the baseline a very extreme scenario? yes. is it a completely unthinkable thing to happen? no, not by a long shot. the fact of the matter is that not only does the edgy content just *work* right now, the title (wether or not intentionally) allows it to pop up in searches of the people who most likely have the greatest benefit in seeing this video, in a sea of clickbait mess, questionable sources, and dodgy methods.

and as @Dutch-stoner just explained to you, if you dont want to see linus content, not seeing it is a very easy thing to do.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

even though the other side of the line has a stick up their caps key thinking it'll somehow make them more credible.

Not moar credible, but you might want to read up on your rules of the internet: http://rulesoftheinternet.com/

14. Do not argue with trolls — it means that they win.

39. CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.

39 is a good rule, but @Daniel644 might have forgotten rule 40.

40. EVEN WITH CRUISE CONTROL YOU STILL HAVE TO STEER.

There are many moar important rules, so you might want to read up.

5 minutes ago, Madeyouread said:

Regarding the "clickbaity" title, I think Linus already explained this somewhat in the last Honest Answers video, it works and that's just the way YouTube is. Personally, I don't think this video was as clickbaity as it was trying to poke fun at other clickbaity sites and videos.

i actually like the edge LTT puts on their videos, it's a pretty thin line, which this video is getting painfully close to, but he is in essence still completely within what he described in the applicable honest answers video if you put away your offended glasses for a moment.

being in a job where i'm surrounded by tech more expensive than even the linus man can dream of (gotta love those barco monitors that color calibrate themselves every 4 seconds..) most of the tech world has gotten rather meh for me, and somehow this canadian goof manages to make a video about wiping off thermal paste fun to watch.

@Dutch-stoner actually down voting a video is not something you want to do, Youtubes algorithm bases things on interaction, so down voting is actually helping the video by showing more interaction with the channel, if you want to hurt a channel completely ignore the channel.

as for other things you've said, I've already set the forum to Ignore said user entirely so I will no longer be bothered by another post of his.

2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

@Dutch-stoner actually down voting a video is not something you want to do, Youtubes algorithm bases things on interaction, so down voting is actually helping the video by showing more interaction with the channel, if you want to hurt a channel completely ignore the channel.

and as linus has in the past pointed out, youtube has since changed theit algorithm to fix this.

@Daniel644 As far as I understand things, and as far as I have heard from other youtubers, they have it fixed. There used to be some "bad people" making lots of currency items for bashing people. Like/dislike ratio was really bad, and due to the "interaction" (total amount of votes) amount, it got recommended to people. I heard people talk about this, and that youtube fixed it. Bad vids should no longer get spotlight attention. But to be on the save side: I do not have an actual source for this information.

Just now, Dutch-stoner said:

@Daniel644 As far as I understand things, and as far as I have heard from other youtubers, they have it fixed. There used to be some "bad people" making lots of currency items for bashing people. Like/dislike ratio was really bad, and due to the "interaction" (total amount of votes) amount, it got recommended to people. I heard people talk about this, and that youtube fixed it. Bad vids should no longer get spotlight attention. But to be on the save side: I do not have an actual source for this information.

iirc, linus actually mentioned the dislikes on the recent build guide video burried it hardcore.

I wish they'll discuss this topic on the WAN show and maybe do a strawpoll to see what most viewers actually think. 

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

1 minute ago, squid4fl said:

I wish they'll discuss this topic on the WAN show and maybe do a strawpoll to see what most viewers actually think. 

WAN show strawpoll isnt most viewers tho, strawpolls often end up being the most vocal (toxic?) minority.

and i'm sure that if people are actually that pissed off about this video as some make out to be, their unsubs and dislikes will drive that point in a more statistical way than a percentage on a strawpoll.

Actually all laptop batteries are just 18650 so you can open it up and just replace the battery with Sony 18650, they are low discharge so just 5A is fine. You could even buy 3.5Ah cans if you wished. Which is the most capacity there is, unless you go LiPo but you need to be c careful b/c you may burn down your house.

Same goes for cell phones, even if the design doesnt allow you to open it you can still open it up and replace the battery.

3 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

can't wait for the new scrapyard episode 

Gotta prepare my cringe helmet.

kumaheadgear_blue.jpg

In the spirit of this video, I'd like to share a tip that helps you increase your battery life ∞ times.

It's to not short out your battery if for whatever reason that's a thing you do.

Next on the pipeline: This quiz will tell you whether you're taking the best advantage out of your phone!

Or how about: Tell us which coffee you drink and we'll tell you what brand of GPU you should get!

Or: If you understand 8 out of these 10 things, you are a true PC gamer

I could go on forever

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Normally I don't jump in on this stuff, but wow, that's a big concentration of hate over the title. I won't comment on the quality of the title itself or dive into the debate (one of my videos infamously had one of the more incendiary titles by executive decision despite being technically accurate, so I know how it feels), but I think the intention just didn't match the interpretation on this one.

What I can speak to is the irony in the perception that the clickbaity titles and thumbnails (and even dick jokes) happened because that's who we new writers are: That's just not the case. There have been many videos to date that were thought by the community to have been written by Linus or Luke but actually were either James', Alex', or my own scripts, and vice-versa. I consider that high praise, and in any case, we all have our ears to the ground looking for ways to improve. Whatever the outcome of this particular piece of internet drama, we'll learn from it. We aren't drones.

… Or are we? ;)

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

7 minutes ago, GabenJr said:

but I think the intention just didn't match the interpretation on this one.

welcome, to the internet.

actually, i just went to check the video's like/dislike ratio, and i'm actually surprised by how green that bar has gotten.

it's still a HUGE pile of dislikes, but they seem to be a much smaller minority than even i expected with this one...

3 hours ago, yathis said:

Actually all laptop batteries are just 18650

18650 cell based laptop batteries are actually (unfortunately) a dying breed.

and also, that wouldnt be free ;)

13 minutes ago, GabenJr said:

Normally I don't jump in on this stuff, but wow, that's a big concentration of hate over the title. I won't comment on the quality of the title itself or dive into the debate (one of my videos infamously had one of the more incendiary titles by executive decision despite being technically accurate, so I know how it feels), but I think the intention just didn't match the interpretation on this one.

What I can speak to is the irony in the perception that the clickbaity titles and thumbnails (and even dick jokes) happened because that's who we new writers are: That's just not the case. There have been many videos to date that were thought by the community to have been written by Linus or Luke but actually were either James', Alex', or my own scripts, and vice-versa. I consider that high praise, and in any case, we all have our ears to the ground looking for ways to improve. Whatever the outcome of this particular piece of internet drama, we'll learn from it. We aren't drones.

… Or are we? ;)

For the record, I didn't want to hate on it, I understood where it came from with the whole going from one extreme to the other extreme and in comparison you guys managed to 3x the battery life from worst to best, that other user just got to me and made me rage a bit, I would ask you guys cut back on the MISREPRESENTED titles, it really hurts the credibility of the channel which will ultimately result in less viewership, which means less money from sponsors, which means less money to pay all you guys salaries and I know none of us want to see that happen.

DON'T fall for the Youtube Algorithm MYTH, I ALWAYS saw EVERY video you guys (and every other youtuber I subscribed to) posted in my subscription feed, believing you need "catchy" titles and silly thumbnails to get viewership is only going to hurt the channel (and youtube) in the long run as people simply give up on what is quickly becoming just like those "sponsored ads" at the bottom of news articles that Linus is always hating on during WAN Shows.

"Sellout: Anyone who sacrifices artistic integrity in an effort to become more successful or popular; someone who forgets their roots."

10/10 Title. Future ideas:

How to triple your FPS: Play a different game.
How to triple your Youtube money: Sellout.