Cooler Master's new Cosmos II

Cosmos was one of my favorite cases back in the day. If I was still young, I might be inclined to visit this iteration. But I'm old, and like my small, sleek and non-descript case in the Node 202.

This case is going to flop so hard. Coolermaster failed completely by not modernizing it to today's standards. What a waste of time and energy wasted on something that could have been amazing if they wernt so damn lazy and just listened to the community.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

On May 23, 2017 at 0:47 PM, Notional said:

Why is it so big?

Why does it look exactly like the old one?

Why does it have so many front bays?

Who uses front bays?

If I'm broke, can I rent it out as a guest room?

It has 3 from looking at the pictures.  That's hardly too many.  

What the fuck is that.

It would look better without the handles and it was jet black

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It has 3 from looking at the pictures.  That's hardly too many.  

In a time when we use 0? Worst part is, that it doesn't look like you can remove the cage for the drives and use a radiator or something else up there.

Canucks are spot on. Shiny new surface (and admittedly, nice bent glass windows), but a completely obsolete interior.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

12 minutes ago, Notional said:

In a time when we use 0? Worst part is, that it doesn't look like you can remove the cage for the drives and use a radiator or something else up there.

Canucks are spot on. Shiny new surface (and admittedly, nice bent glass windows), but a completely obsolete interior.

I use a DVD drive in one desktop currently and a fan controller in my other thank you very much.  ?

I have considered putting a fan controller in my main desktop so having a second 5.25 bay is nice.   Though a third would be better so I could add a HDD adapter if I wanted to.  I got one of those for my friend's desktop and it's great for an alternative spot to mount HDDs.  

I'll give you that the layout seems to be terrible depending on your needs.  But having some 5.25 bays is hardly a sin.  

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

I use a DVD drive in one desktop currently and a fan controller in my other thank you very much.  ?

I have considered putting a fan controller in my main desktop so having a second 5.25 bay is nice.   Though a third would be better so I could add a HDD adapter if I wanted to.  I got one of those for my friend's desktop and it's great for an alternative spot to mount HDDs.  

I'll give you that the layout seems to be terrible depending on your needs.  But having some 5.25 bays is hardly a sin.  

I have a blu ray drive in mine, but it goes with my next upgrade to ITX. I can always shove it in a drawer, and take it out those 1-2 times a year I actually need it. As for fan controllers, I remember those. They were the shit back in 2004. Most just use software via the motherboard these days.

Only current thing I can think of would be odd reservoirs or a front panel thing for VR (USB's and HDMI's). 

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Notional said:

In a time when we use 0?

Maybe for you, but that is certainly not universal. For Instance, I have a multi-card reader and a hot swap bay, and I simply do not have the patience to plug the external equivalents in and out of USB every half hour, especially when I have better things to do with the ports I have.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

On 5/23/2017 at 7:47 PM, Notional said:

Who uses front bays?

I do.

2 hours ago, ericlee30 said:

Coolermaster failed completely by not modernizing it to today's standards. What a waste of time and energy wasted on something that could have been amazing if they wernt so damn lazy and just listened to the community.

You don't waste time and energy by not modernizing something, though.

If you think about that, maybe that explains many of the questions.

Personally, it brings some memories, but I always liked the HAF series better

5 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

You don't waste time and energy by not modernizing something, though.

If you think about that, maybe that explains many of the questions.

Personally, it brings some memories, but I always liked the HAF series better

True,I'm so disappointed that they changed nothing about the inside of the case what so ever. On the outside they could have added all usb 3.0 atleast, since most mobos now a days have two usb 3.0 headers. All this is worse then AMD and Nvidia rebranding their gpus. It's like they just said hmmm what if we add tempered glass and give it a new color, we spend almost nothing on R&D and we will sale it for around the same price as the original. Lazy and stupid imo. I own alot of coolermaster cases the cosmos 2 being one of them, along with the 690 2, XM and HAF cases as well. If they don't listen to the community  (which coolermaster has been notorious for over the years) then this will be a complete flop of a product. If they would have kept the outside the same and added all usb 3.0 ports and redesigned the interior with a better layout and a different layout as the original, then they would have had a sale from me. Keeping everything the Same? Why would I spend $319.99 on a 2012 case, when just 6 months ago I could have bought it for under $200. Oh wait, slap a 25th aniversery stamp on the box, give it a new color, some tempered glass and now a 5 year old case can be resold for its original price again. YAY!!!! Smh. Only a sucker would buy into that.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "