My C drive is full but I don't have near enough files to fill it. What's going on?

Railgun

Only 13 GB left on my 250 GB SSD but I've only used around ~130 GB. My Users/Alec directory claims to be using over 100 GB on its own which CLEARLY isn't true. My first thought was that some file is corrupted, but I can't find any unusually large files. What's going on here, and what can I do to solve this issue?

I'll fill in any other details that are needed. Just ask.

Thanks

EDIT: Only around ~17 GB of files in my Users directory. Whatever the problem is, I would imagine it being located there.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Download spacesniffer 

What operating system are you using? If it's Windows, try to run the cleanup tool on that disk. Windows usually keeps temporary files/directories from updates. I freed several GB after creators update.

1 minute ago, Shitblob said:

What operating system are you using? If it's Windows, try to run the cleanup tool on that disk. Windows usually keeps temporary files/directories from updates. I freed several GB after creators update.

Can I run the cleanup tool on an SSD? I heard that some of those types of programs could possibly mess up an SSD. I know Defragmenter is one of them but idk about the cleanup tool

EDIT: nvm Im retarded

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Just now, Shitblob said:

yip we been noticing that the new update makes a windows.old and clearing it and all the other temp crap was easily getting 20gb and these are on fresh install PC's 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

use Disk Cleanup as administrator (in win 7 , start, type disk cleanup , right click and select run as administrator)

Use software like WinDirStat to see what uses space on your drive

I used Cleanup Disk and even though it said it could remove 50 GB worth of temporary files, it only gave me 7 more GB of space.

EDIT: I'm noticing that each time I run the program, it deletes more files and gives me more room. Still, none of it compares to the extra 83 GB of files that shouldn't be in my users directory.

5 minutes ago, Railgun said:

I used Cleanup Disk and even though it said it could remove 50 GB worth of temporary files, it only gave me 7 more GB of space.

EDIT: I'm noticing that each time I run the program, it deletes more files and gives me more room. Still, none of it compares to the extra 83 GB of files that shouldn't be in my users directory.

Are you making sure to clean up system files too? I'm not at windows at the moment so I can't point you to the correct place, but I remember there was an extra button for that.

EDIT: If that's not it, just try any reliable tool that can help you identify big files and/or scan the disk for filesystem errors.

I decided to go in and manually delete the temp files. That cleared up around 50 GB. Going to restart computer and see what's changed with the users directory. I'll edit this reply with an update on it.

User directory is half the size it used to be. I forgot that AppData files were stored in the user directory, rather than the windows files. It also looks like all of my storage issues are coming from the AppData folder.

I know I said I would just edit in the last message but Im instead just going to make a new post for those who subscribed to the thread.