Is this a good time to buy a XPS 15 9560?

55 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

its generally overpriced and the systems they build are all oem, and you cannot upgrade them the majority of the time, and they own alienware which is overpriced to hell.

32 minutes ago, CerberusLabrat said:

Lol.  I have a Latitude 7470 for work and an Alienware 13 for home.  Yes the alienwares are pricy but the Latitude? lol.  8 screws to get to the M.@ slots, RAM, and wi-fi card.

Alienware? 5 screws.

I don't know where you got the implication they were the windows version of macbooks, but they're not.  Outside of Alienware (they're overpriced but I got a decent deal on mine), they're only a LITTLE pricy, and what you're paying for in comparison to the cheaper manufacturer's is amazing build quality and support.

You want a brand to take a dump on, go to Razer.

Also do you guys know about the Lenovo yoga 720 15" it looks to be basically the same as the dell xps15 but on their website there doesn't seem to be anything about this laptop's configurations available, would you know if/when this is coming to the UK or prices?

Thanks!

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

16 hours ago, Cy-Fy said:

Also do you guys know about the Lenovo yoga 720 15" it looks to be basically the same as the dell xps15 but on their website there doesn't seem to be anything about this laptop's configurations available, would you know if/when this is coming to the UK or prices?

Thanks!

They have 4 configs available on their site including pricing for each.

It starts around 1000 dollars and goes up to 1500 I believe.

There aren't good quality review about it just yet so that's a bummer, strange that it's taking this long.

It has a FHD screen\4k one, the screen is probably not as good as the xps 15, an all aluminium build, it has a TB3 port with 2 PCIE lanes, the trackpad is reported as quite good by the guys who did review it, there is some info on reddit r/Laptops and r/Lenovo by people who did buy it already, I suggest you go there a read a bit :)

21 hours ago, Cy-Fy said:

Also do you guys know about the Lenovo yoga 720 15"

this is good.

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p