Touch Screen Laptop recommendations

So, I am currently building a completely non-budget desktop computer. See here:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/R9sR8K

But that is beside the point, I still want to have a touchscreen laptop. I currently have a touchscreen Chromebook, that I dropped and killed the touch capability. I also don't particularly like ChromeOS. My main computer right now is a 17 inch laptop:

http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/z-series/z70-80/ (mine is a variant with an i7-5500U 2.4Ghz dual core w/ hyperthreading and a GTX 840 M gpu)

I hate that damn Lenovo now. The chassis is horrible, the screen looks nice (apart from the dead pixels) I have had to send it in for repairs twice, and It doesn't play games good. I am honestly done trying to game on laptops. 

What I really want is a under $1000 Laptop with a good touchscreen and a 1080 screen that has reasonable color accuracy. I am not sure if anything like this exists. I was hoping to stay below 15 inches, and I would prefer 13 inches. I would prefer it to be a 2 in 1, but that isn't a must have. 

I am planning on looking into this myself, I just wanted to see what this forum had to say about it. (honestly if the inspiron gaming 7000 had a touch screen variant I would buy it instantly) 

Dedicated graphics are not required. This is more for workstation/ watching videos / standard internet browsing purposes. 

I would prefer a 500 GB + SSD, If I have to go down to 256 GB I will. Spinning storage is a no go. 

Sorry for my potentially bad grammar/ sentence structure.

plz help

this is my chromebook: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/models/laptops/acerchromebookr11 (I have the 2GB ram version) 

~Adam

(right now I am SUPER upgrading my hardware while I have a job - I am going back to school full time at the end of August)

(I am also planning on buying a mirrorless camera and other things going forward.) 

TL;DR: You are looking for a 13in laptop with an SSD, a decent graphics card but not overkill, and a monitor that has a large color range on the spectrum correct?

Add Me On Xbox -------------->   Zetaprime01

7 minutes ago, plexdet said:

I am planning on looking into this myself, I just wanted to see what this forum had to say about it. (honestly if the inspiron gaming 7000 had a touch screen variant I would buy it instantly) 

it does look at the website

Just now, Zetaprime01 said:

TL;DR: You are looking for a 13in laptop with an SSD a decent graphics card but not overkill and a monitor that has a large color range on the spectrum correct?

no, I honestly don't need anything beyond the integrated graphics, a dedicated graphics card would be nice, but totally unneeded.

And a quality touchscreen and frame are much more important to me

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

it does look at the website

Wait WHUT

I purchased a Laptop for my classes that was an ASUS. Believe it or not it has a great chassis (Full aluminum) , an NVidia 940M, And an I7 Quad Core. For only $850 or 1158CAD. It has a decent display as well. Its nothing out of this world but is fantastic with processing power. I would advise you to just purchase an SSD and add it to a midrange laptop. Just a thought. Most laptops make it extremely easy to add SSDs.

I purchased a Laptop for my classes that was an ASUS. Believe it or not it has a great chassis (Full aluminum) , an NVidia 940M, And an I7 Quad Core. For only $850 or 1158CAD. It has a decent display as well. Its nothing out of this world but is fantastic with processing power. I would advise you to just purchase an SSD and add it to a midrange laptop. Just a thought. Most laptops make it extremely easy to add SSDs.

no

G2BV6PD.gif

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

no

G2BV6PD.gif

Lol. Well it works for me. Its not like the guy is looking for something unbelievably powerful. He's not gaming anymore on laptops. It is a great laptop for processing mundane task.

Also have yet to see a suggestion from you so im heavily salted. [Triggered]

3 minutes ago, Zetaprime01 said:

Lol. Well it works for me. Its not like the guy is looking for something unbelievably powerful. He's not gaming anymore on laptops. It is a great laptop for processing mundane task.

no, i am talking about "Full aluminum" build quality, the laptops you are talking about are heavy, bulky, have shitty battery life and poorly built. 

That "Heavy" Protected my laptop when I dropped it on concrete on its side. and I have never had a problem with the battery. I have 5 classes back to back and it worked perfectly while running anywhere between 3-6 task consistently for the last 3 years.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

no, i am talking about "Full aluminum" build quality, the laptops you are talking about are heavy, bulky, shitty battery life and poorly built. 

I would be nice if the laptop ran games better than my current laptop, but honestly, that isn't the point. having a touch screen ripped away from me has been the worst experience. I honestly want it to be lightweight, and useable for day to day things. I have a desktop in the works for gaming.

I think @nerdslayer1 means this: http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/inspiron-15-7559-laptop?view=configurations

It's the Dell Inspiron 7000 Touch, and looks a bit different from a 7000 Gaming, but still has a quad core i5 and 960m. 

EDIT: It's also got a UHD touchscreen, but only a hybrid drive. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

That "Heavy" Protected my laptop when I dropped it on concrete on its side. and I have never had a problem with the battery. I have 5 classes back to back and it worked perfectly while running anywhere between 3-6 task consistently for the last 3 years.

you are the in the minorities, those laptops are build issues, battery life is not great. 

1 minute ago, plexdet said:

I would be nice if the laptop ran games better than my current laptop, but honestly, that isn't the point. having a touch screen ripped away from me has been the worst experience. I honestly want it to be lightweight, and useable for day to day things. I have a desktop in the works for gaming.

I hate touchscreen personally but something like inspiration with a touchscreen is pretty good. 

Just now, Zando Bob said:

I think @nerdslayer1 means this: http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/inspiron-15-7559-laptop?view=configurations

It's the Dell Inspiron 7000 Touch, and looks a bit different from a 7000 Gaming, but still has a quad core i5 and 960m. 

yup, you can get an i7 version also a 1050ti version if you look around. 

Well anyway. Im just going to post it anyways because I have talked to much not to let you decide weather you like it or not.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-q524uq-2-in-1-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-940mx-2tb-hard-drive-sandblasted-black-aluminum-with-gunmetal-hinge/5561400.p?skuId=5561400&extStoreId=&ref=212&loc=DWA&ksid=911f8022-95fc-4308-9ea7-fdfcc6c305bf&ksprof_id=3&ksaffcode=pg233387&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2&gclid=CJC2sMqt89MCFciCswod4MAB7Q

It was out of stock on new egg so I found a link on Best buy. I wouldn't purchase it from best buy though. Id probably go for a different retail. Its a 15.6 Inch, 940mx, touchscreen, and it has up to 2tb of memory (8GB RAM).

I would stricktly use this for class unless you play games like LoL or Dayz lol

2 minutes ago, Zetaprime01 said:

Well anyway. Im just going to post it anyways because I have talked to much not to let you decide weather you like it or not.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-q524uq-2-in-1-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-940mx-2tb-hard-drive-sandblasted-black-aluminum-with-gunmetal-hinge/5561400.p?skuId=5561400&extStoreId=&ref=212&loc=DWA&ksid=911f8022-95fc-4308-9ea7-fdfcc6c305bf&ksprof_id=3&ksaffcode=pg233387&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2&gclid=CJC2sMqt89MCFciCswod4MAB7Q

It was out of stock on new egg so I found a link on Best buy. I wouldn't purchase it from best buy though. Id probably go for a different retail. Its a 15.6 Inch, 940mx, touchscreen, and it has up to 2tb of memory (8GB RAM).

I would stricktly use this for class unless you play games like LoL or Dayz lol

not a ssd 

27 minutes ago, plexdet said:

Spinning storage is a no go.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

not a ssd 

Refer to my first post. O.o

Everyone seems to have focused on gaming because I mentioned the dell 7000.

Gaming performance is NOT IMPORTANT. the presence of an SSD, and a touch screen are all I really need, I am just looking for the nicest chassis that delivers that. This is primarily a workstation/internet browsing device. Games are an afterthought.

54 minutes ago, plexdet said:

What I really want is a under $1000 Laptop with a good touchscreen and a 1080 screen that has reasonable color accuracy. I am not sure if anything like this exists. I was hoping to stay below 15 inches, and I would prefer 13 inches. I would prefer it to be a 2 in 1, but that isn't a must have. 

dell xps 13 9350 i7-6560u

get it off ebay or dell outlet. both are good. the HD540 allows you to play light games.

refer to this guide to get the most performance out of it. http://www.ultrabookreview.com/10395-dell-xps-13-9550-iris-540/

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p