Asus Strix 1080 8g fan problem

pappsz

Hello, I bought my 1080 in january and one of the 3 fans have stopped spinning for some reason (the one above the GPU)(0dB fan turned off). This happened before but after a restart with full power down it started working a month ago, but now it just doesn't want to spin. Do you have any suggestions? I already emailed the shop I bought it from about the problem. Thanks for the help.

12 minutes ago, pappsz said:

I already emailed the shop I bought it from about the problem.

and what was their response? because they're the people to handle this, with it obviously still being within warranty ;)

The fan might have come unplugged from the PCB but this is externally unlikely. Check to make sure its in all the way. Other than that your best bet is to take it in to the shop and let them look at it like @manikyath said.

Intel 7600K Over Clocked to 4.8 jibahurtz, GTX 1080 Founders Edition space heater, Cooler Master 212 Evo jet engine, 8GB DDR4 Ballistic Ram, 250GB hyperX ssd, Fractel Design Define S, Blue snowball on an arm mount, mismatched god monitors, dual keyboards, LG mouse (no vital signs, Think it died.)

ok, thank you guys, I will take it to the tomorrow, the cable is fine already checked it

4 hours ago, pappsz said:

Hello, I bought my 1080 in january and one of the 3 fans have stopped spinning for some reason (the one above the GPU)(0dB fan turned off). This happened before but after a restart with full power down it started working a month ago, but now it just doesn't want to spin. Do you have any suggestions? I already emailed the shop I bought it from about the problem. Thanks for the help.

most modern (especially Nvidia GPUs) won't turn on their fans until under load. Install MSI afterburner and create a custom GPU fan Profile.

Never dismiss a possible solution because of a respected brand.

IT Admin perusing a bachelor's in Computer Engineering.

On 2017. 05. 16. at 0:07 AM, Endeavor01 said:

most modern (especially Nvidia GPUs) won't turn on their fans until under load. Install MSI afterburner and create a custom GPU fan Profile.

I know that, but as far as I know it shuld run all the fans up when the system posts. I took it to the seller, they said there is no problem with the card, took it home and yes the problem was gone, but after 1 hour that fan stopped spinning even when the card was running at 71 C. Shot down the PC then turned it back on and during post that fan did not run up. To make things more interesting after an hour that fan turned back on. It ran for a while, I was happy and now it is not running again. Now what? Do you have any suggestions? 

1 hour ago, pappsz said:

I know that, but as far as I know it shuld run all the fans up when the system posts. I took it to the seller, they said there is no problem with the card, took it home and yes the problem was gone, but after 1 hour that fan stopped spinning even when the card was running at 71 C. Shot down the PC then turned it back on and during post that fan did not run up. To make things more interesting after an hour that fan turned back on. It ran for a while, I was happy and now it is not running again. Now what? Do you have any suggestions? 

If it's a hardware problem you may be screwed.

Have you tried re-flashing the BIOS?

Never dismiss a possible solution because of a respected brand.

IT Admin perusing a bachelor's in Computer Engineering.