Is my H80i dead ? If so, alternative ?

Go to solution Solved by Damascus,
6 minutes ago, biascoblix said:

I should not be bothered with the increase in power consumption, right ? I have a 750W power supply. That should be able to handle that ?

xD the pump on the new one will be nearly identical in power consumption and fans are basically nothing when it comes to power consumption.

So I went to sleep yesterday and woke up to my PC making some rather weird rattling noise that I'm not used to. Sound pretty similar to this..

But a bit slower that that.. 

I thought they were the radiator fans, i unplugged all the fans but the noise kept going.. so it's apparently the pump itself..

A few hours later, the noise is gone but the PC boots at a temperature of around 60C and it goes to to 70C in less than half a minute.. that's when I have to force a shutdown..

So apparently it's dead, isn't it ?

So, I'm looking for a replacement and since this quite urgent as I need my PC daily.. I'll need to stick with whatever i find in the local stores here.. can't wait 3 or more weeks to get a one shipped from Amazon.

There's these : 

Cooler Master Nepton 280L

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 240 CPU Cooler

Cooler Master Seidon 240P Liquid CPU Cooler

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Performer CPU Cooler

Cooler Master Nepton 240M Liquid/Water CPU Cooler

Cooler Master Seidon 120V Plus Liquid CPU Cooler

There's also quite a wide range of air coolers avaliable. Should I go with air cooling or stay with Liquid ?

I was thinking of getting the Nepton 280L. It Seems like  it's a good one and it's does have fairly good reviews. What do you guys think ? And will it fit ?

Specs :

• CPU
    i7-5820K
  • Motherboard
    MSI X99A GAMING 7
  • RAM
    G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 48GB
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 980
  • Case
    NZXT H440

9 minutes ago, biascoblix said:

I was thinking of getting the Nepton 280L. It Seems like  it's a good one and it's does have fairly good reviews. What do you guys think ? And will it fit ?

Sure, go for it.  Should  keep that CPU nice and cool

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Sounds like a dead / dying pump.

If it's not covered under warranty, then yeah, you need to buy a new one. Nepton 280L seems good, but make sure your case supports it. (most do, but just to be sure.)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

9 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Sure, go for it.  Should  keep that CPU nice and cool

Looks like that's what im gonna be doing. Thanks

9 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Sounds like a dead / dying pump.

If it's not covered under warranty, then yeah, you need to buy a new one. Nepton 280L seems good, but make sure your case supports it. (most do, but just to be sure.)

I have the H440 from NZXT. It can handle 140mm radiators at the top and the front according to the manual. So i guess that should be fine. 

I should not be bothered with the increase in power consumption, right ? I have a 750W power supply. That should be able to handle that ?

6 minutes ago, biascoblix said:

xD the pump on the new one will be nearly identical in power consumption and fans are basically nothing when it comes to power consumption.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious