PS4 or PC version of the game? (Nier Automata)

I'm thinking of buying Nier Automata but can't make up my mind if I should get it on the PC or the PS4. Both versions run at 60FPS and my PC is plenty capable to run it maxed out with no problems. I don't have PS+, but I guess that doesn't really matter for a single player game.

So I guess can you tell me your suggestions on what I should get and why.

I would say PC. I hear it had a rocky launch, but there is an unofficial patch that fixes the game, therefore making it superior to the console version.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

PC because you get the option of playing with controller or kb and mouse

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

1 minute ago, Kidsnd274 said:

I'm thinking of buying Nier Automata but can't make up my mind if I should get it on the PC or the PS4. Both versions run at 60FPS and my PC is plenty capable to run it maxed out with no problems. I don't have PS+, but I guess that doesn't really matter for a single player game.

So I guess can you tell me your suggestions on what I should get and why.

PC... Its likely cheaper, with more options and unless your PC is a potato It will crush the PS4 equivalent. Oh and I'd be very surprised if the PS4 was playing this at 60fps 1080p VERY SURPRISED...

4 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

PC... Its likely cheaper, with more options and unless your PC is a potato It will crush the PS4 equivalent. Oh and I'd be very surprised if the PS4 was playing this at 60fps 1080p VERY SURPRISED...

Nah 900p60, but still a very nice presentation. I played the demo. PC has a 1070 so fairly confident both will perform well.

But I leaning towards PC. I think in the future, that copy of the game on console won't be able to run on newer hardware. On PC any computer I own can run it.

Funny enough it's more expensive on PC, $82 SGD compared to PS4 $70 SGD (Digital though)

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

ps4 version is better because of consistency. 

Can you explain this more? I also do want to expand my PS4 library, that's why I'm considering it there too.

15 minutes ago, Kidsnd274 said:

Can you explain this more? I also do want to expand my PS4 library, that's why I'm considering it there too.

Pc version has so much inconstancy such as some effect glitches out, random frame drops while the ps4 version is very optimized, I played it on ps4 pro. 

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

PC because I already explained so in your earlier thread

You in Singapore huh? I am too. Get it from here instead of Steam

As as time of writing, USD $48.88 = SGD $68.325

Steam global key

Is the website legit? Have you bought from them before?

Because I know sites like G2A can be a bit shady.

3 hours ago, tom_w141 said:

It's still selling for $60 on Steam.

Whereas I picked up a PS4 copy at Best Buy for $37 and some change.

And it does play it at 1080p60.

EDIT: Also big fat disclaimer. I'm not trying to prove the console version is "superior". I'm only dispelling misinformation.

The days of PC games largely being significantly cheaper than console games are long over. I watch PC and PS4 sales like a hawk, and Nier is generally the same price for both, even on sale. Mid $40s.

I was all set to get Nier on the PC, but the botched launch held me back. Once I heard the PS4 largely ran at a stable 60FPS, I grabbed it for $48 and I don't regret it. 

I'd recommend you grab it when it hits a price you're comfortable paying. 

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

i thought the OG PS4 ran at 720p 60 with no antialiasing. the Pro runs at 1080p 60 with some antialiasing 

5 hours ago, Technicolors said:

i thought the OG PS4 ran at 720p 60 with no antialiasing. the Pro runs at 1080p 60 with some antialiasing 

I think the OG PS4 runs it at 900p instead of 720p, as what I've heard from digital foundry.

In the end I picked up a PC copy from Green Man Gaming. They are having a sale right now and it costed $68 SGD (~$48 USD).

Thanks guys for ur suggestions

15 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

It's still selling for $60 on Steam.

And it does play it at 1080p60.

EDIT: Also big fat disclaimer. I'm not trying to prove the console version is "superior". I'm only dispelling misinformation.

The PS4 definitely will not unless you have a PS4 pro.

14 hours ago, nutbunnies said:

The days of PC games largely being significantly cheaper than console games are long over. I watch PC and PS4 sales like a hawk, and Nier is generally the same price for both, even on sale. Mid $40s.

I was all set to get Nier on the PC, but the botched launch held me back. Once I heard the PS4 largely ran at a stable 60FPS, I grabbed it for $48 and I don't regret it. 

I'd recommend you grab it when it hits a price you're comfortable paying. 

Not true, most games are the same price or cheaper with the added saving of not paying for xbox live or PSN. lastly you will be able to play it in the future on PC whereas the PS5 or whatever its official name is likely wont be backwards compatible.

On 5/16/2017 at 6:34 AM, tom_w141 said:

Not true, most games are the same price or cheaper with the added saving of not paying for xbox live or PSN. lastly you will be able to play it in the future on PC whereas the PS5 or whatever its official name is likely wont be backwards compatible.

You don't need to pay for PS Plus, especially for a single player game like Nier. And backwards compatibility isn't relevant for a 2 month old game. Neither of these arguments discredit the point that dollar for dollar, console and PC versions are now largely the same price for the first year or so.