My First Self Built Gaming PC and True Love.

Hi! I sadly I cant show you the process of me building it because its been a while and I re cased it and upgraded it a little since it was first built but I was looking to get some feedback, and maybe update you as I upgrade and change it more in the near future.

At first I was so scared of building my own pc, scared I would break something expensive, but I found it to be surprisingly easy and fun, I watched a lot of Linus' tutorials before building and it ended up like this in the end : ), Hope you like it.

Specs are as follows:

IVY Bridge i5 3570k

Maximus V Gene motherboard (I got this when it was first released and I will probably be changing it to the formula to put some more space between my cards)

16gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz

2X XFX 7950 DD Edition in crossfire ( I did crossfire due to using eyefinity a lot and found my frames lacking with only a single card)

Corsair TX750w Enthusiast Series Power supply

Corsair H60 cooler with 2x Corsair High performance High pressure series fans

case fans are 2x corsair high performance High pressure at the front to bring air through the drives and 2x corsair high air flow fans at the top.

For Drives I am using a samsung 840 evo 120GB and 1x 1tb caviar blue and 1x 500gb caviar blue.

The case is the ever sleek and soft Bitfenix Ronin, which is an absolutely beautiful case, even if the airflow is a little restricted through the holes in the plastic.

So This is my first ever self build, and It was fun!. Hope you like it and I would love some feedback. 

you will probably see that one of the XFX cards is a newer version and one is an older version.

The cam I am using is a Fujifilm HS20 EXR

58n8.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ewup.jpg

vsnn.jpg

vkx8.jpg

s9ou.jpg

Awesome rig :)

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

Good to hear it soldier.

Welcome to the community

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Looks great! Welcome to the forum!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

looks clean! :) by the way turn that reservoir to face the tubes up and that waterblock to face the logo down it would look nicer to the eye because it is blocking the ram sticks with the tubes.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Thanks for the feedback : ).

I still have a lot of plans for it yet. 

Also sadly if I rotate the cooler it collides with various things so this is the best orientation I could find for it. 

Awesome build, this is actually the first build I have seen with the bitfenix Ronin and it looks stunning! What a great case.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

This Bitfenix Ronin actually looks outstanding! Great build man!

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Yes! I love it, I was looking for a nice case for ages, looked at all corsair cases and cooler master, even fractal design didn't have what I was looking for, then I saw this case on a vid and its perfect!, it has everything I wanted and more.

I was one of the first to get it in my town I believe, bought it just after it was released. 

Those Xfx cards are awesome :)

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

I do love XFX Designs, and they are :) I have a closeup of one. 

hsx1.jpg

I took this before I added my second card.

Hey man first off nice build! I plan to do basically the same build but with crossfire vapor-x r9 280x's. I have been searching for a case that performs great and has aesthetic pleasure, and out of all the cases I look at I keep coming back to the Ronin. I love the look of it over any other case for some reason, but I'm in a dilemma with buying it because of the terrible reviews it has had with its cooling. Is this case really that lackluster with cooling/airflow, or will a couple extra aftermarket performance fans do the trick?

Thanks!, and to answer your question.

The airflow through the case holes is rather restricted at the top, but the front drags air through quite well, I believe the main reason for bad airflow is actually how far the fans at the top are away from the ventilation holes, the case has abit of a gap between the main chassis and the top of the case to fit things like radiators (not sure how to explain it), Maybe a solution would be if you put some high performance fans right at the top of the case (under the plastic but outside the metal part of the chassis.

(sorry if this made little to no sense)

It however doesn't cause too much of an issue, for me at least, because the temps stay below 40c when i'm on idle most of the time,  if you are going for silence it probably isn't the case for you, although then again I do have it completely full of high performance corsair fans 1+ extra on the radiator, and 2 rather hot graphics cards, so its definitely not the worst or either a bad case, even with all of those fans, the only things I really hear are my graphics cards, okay it can be rather loud, but that is because I prefer performance over sound, so I didn't make any silent optimizations what so ever. 

I will add some idle temps in pictures. 

CPU and Motherboard, the CPU is running at 4.6gGHz using CPU level up in AI suite. 

1yqt.png

graphics with crossfire disabled.

I do recommend you get a motherboard that will allow you to put enough space between your 1st and 2nd card if you do crossfire because this happens when they are at idle, the top card is struggling to get enough air, this isnt really a fault with the case but rather a fault with having the cards so close together.
cgrc.png

if you need any help understanding my babbling then please don't hesitate to ask :P

also on another note, make sure you clean that dust out at least once a month. (after 2 months)
wx6v.JPG

Thank the lord for dust filters is all I say. 

Well balanced specs, like those. The system itself could use a little bit more cable management done to it, and the cpu block on sideways is driving me crazy, lol. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

xD as of cable management, I did what I could but these psu cables are so thick, Im getting a full set of bitfenix extensions soon to resolve that issue :), and the CPU block cant be helped sadly xD, I tried all sorts of weird angles when I was originally fitting it but I didn't like the stress half of them put on the pipes, so I decided to go with this, but I will hopefully be getting the Maximus V formula and doing a custom loop, which will be an adventure to say the least :).

Thanks!, and to answer your question.

The airflow through the case holes is rather restricted at the top, but the front drags air through quite well, I believe the main reason for bad airflow is actually how far the fans at the top are away from the ventilation holes, the case has abit of a gap between the main chassis and the top of the case to fit things like radiators (not sure how to explain it), Maybe a solution would be if you put some high performance fans right at the top of the case (under the plastic but outside the metal part of the chassis.

(sorry if this made little to no sense)

It however doesn't cause too much of an issue, for me at least, because the temps stay below 40c when i'm on idle most of the time,  if you are going for silence it probably isn't the case for you, although then again I do have it completely full of high performance corsair fans 1+ extra on the radiator, and 2 rather hot graphics cards, so its definitely not the worst or either a bad case, even with all of those fans, the only things I really hear are my graphics cards, okay it can be rather loud, but that is because I prefer performance over sound, so I didn't make any silent optimizations what so ever. 

I will add some idle temps in pictures. 

CPU and Motherboard, the CPU is running at 4.6gGHz using CPU level up in AI suite. 

1yqt.png

graphics with crossfire disabled.

I do recommend you get a motherboard that will allow you to put enough space between your 1st and 2nd card if you do crossfire because this happens when they are at idle, the top card is struggling to get enough air, this isnt really a fault with the case but rather a fault with having the cards so close together.

cgrc.png

if you need any help understanding my babbling then please don't hesitate to ask :P

also on another note, make sure you clean that dust out at least once a month. (after 2 months)

wx6v.JPG

Thank the lord for dust filters is all I say. 

Thanks for the response! I don't think cpu cooling will be that big of a deal for me because I'm getting a h100i, and I'm not that worried with my gpu temps either because I hear the new r9 series are designed to run at up to 92 degrees Celsius. One thing that I am a little concerned about is the noise, this computer will be sitting right beside me on my desk and I'm hoping it won't be too loud. How's yours, since I will be getting 3 or 4 high performance fans from corsair as well,is it unbearable after a while or does it really not bother you?

Thanks for the response! I don't think cpu cooling will be that big of a deal for me because I'm getting a h100i, and I'm not that worried with my gpu temps either because I hear the new r9 series are designed to run at up to 92 degrees Celsius. One thing that I am a little concerned about is the noise, this computer will be sitting right beside me on my desk and I'm hoping it won't be too loud. How's yours, since I will be getting 3 or 4 high performance fans from corsair as well,is it unbearable after a while or does it really not bother you?

It is actually rather loud sometimes, when gaming my fan speeds ramp up, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest, I actually prefer a noisy pc xD strangely, also you cant hear it at all while wearing headphones, I have to say it was a bit loud for me at first but I got used to it, and with everything else the tiny bit of extra sound is worth it, especially seeing as this is actually the only computer case that I really like to the point I bought it the first week it was released.

Cant hear it at all while gaming and can only hear it as small background noise when recording game play or live streaming.

and if it does turn out a little noisy you could always get yourself some sound dampening material, I forgot where sells it but it is essentially the same stuff that comes on mid-high end silent cases.

Welcome to the forum. And a great way to start building! Hope to see more from ya. 

Thanks! :) Glad to be here.

And yes xD I was a little scared with building an expensive pc for my first build, but she turned out great :)