DVD Not Recognized

kb5zue

Hello, I hope there is no-one out there having the same problem that I am having.  I am running Windows 10 with all the updates.  After download and installing this latest update, my Windows 10 (64 bit) does not show my blu-ray dvd player.  The dvd is shown in the BIOS and it shows in the device manager as well but it does not show up in the file manager.  As a result, I am unable to play any of my movies nor am I able to use the dvd as a backup device.  I have tried everything that I can find on the Microsoft website without any positive results.  Even tried modifying the regedit files without any luck.  

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?  The help would be greatly appreciated.  I have an extensive movie library that I can't use and it's all because of the latest update.

Have You tried to load video in VLC for example?

See if the DVD/Blu-Ray drive is visible in there.

If device manager sees it then Windows recogizes it, and that's like 80% of success in this case.

Thanks for the reply, did a restore from a three day old backup and all is fine now.  Haven't got figured out what caused the problem other than that dang last windows update but problem is fixed now thank goodness.