Ryzen 1700 Underperforming... Need Help

So I'm having an issue with my new Ryzen 1700 (non-X), on me Gigabyte GA-AB350 gaming 3 (rev. 1.0).  You see the out of box clock speeds of 3.0 Ghz, boosting up to 3.7-8ish with precision boost/XFR, are up to this point, unattainable for me.  I seem to be locked at around 3.2 Ghz as read out by CPU-z (I will post a screen shots tomorrow morning, sorry don't have access at the moment).  The performance tab of Task manager is displaying a max speed of 3.00 (it does shows the in practice 3.2 Ghz in the current speed counter).  I have been in touch with AMD once already and did not get very far.  As it stands now, they recommended installing the latest BIOS update, witch I have done, though It has not solved the issue. 

After a lengthy stress test with both Cinebench and Prime 95 (all cores) the MAX TEMP was 60c (w/ stock cooler) so no thermal throttling.

I have tried the following...

Re-installing Windows 10

clearing CMOS (though there was nothing to clear, I made no meaningful changes to the BIOS)

Installing AMD chipset drivers, All of them including RADEON (though I have an NVIDIA gpu)

Making triple sure that any and all clock/voltage/memory altering perambulators are set to auto in BIOS (the way they would be at factory settings)

I have disabled AMD's cool n' quite mode, not change

disabling cores, no change

I am very new to PC building and perhaps I'm missing something very simple, at least I hope so... I'll be calling AMD tomorrow and will update afterwards.  I feel I should also point out that though AMD's tech has not yet solved the issue, they have been very helpful, friendly and genuinely invested in helping me, I don't want to accidentally give the impression they have not. 

If anyone has any suggestions I would be quite grateful, thank you!

only two cores will boost up to 3.7 to 3.8 ghz and tbh i  wouldn't even bother with stock clocks and just overclock to 3.7 and call it a day. 

The 3.7Ghz boost just means at any moment depending on the work load, 1 or 2 of the 8 cores will run on 3.7. It can change at any moment. This does not mean that all 8 cores boosts to 3.7Ghz. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming 3 (rev 1.0)

16gb ram G-skill flare X AMD (running at rated speed)

GTX 1070 EVGA SC (black ED)

Samsung 850 (non Pro) 500gb

Cooler Master 550wt PSU (the system doesn't pull more then 350 at load)

anything Imissed?

Just now, HoennHero said:

Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming 3 (rev 1.0)

16gb ram G-skill flare X AMD (running at rated speed)

GTX 1070 EVGA SC (black ED)

Samsung 850 (non Pro) 500gb

Cooler Master 550wt PSU (the system doesn't pull more then 350 at load)

anything Imissed?

cooling? 

OK so i ran a stress test for more then an hour and never went above 3.2Ghz 100% utilization.  If this work load isn't going any higher then what would?

P.S. these speeds are also replicated in games

Stock cooling, 60c at max load

ok go into the bios set a manual voltage of lke 1.25v and then overclock to 3.7 ghz on all cores. that should fix the problem and run all cores at 3.7 rather than only two cores running at 3.7 while the rest boost to 3.2ghz. the performance you are getting is actually normal and is probably just not showing the frequency of the two faster cores. 

I see thank you! I'll test this and report if it works xD

2 minutes ago, HoennHero said:

OK so i ran a stress test for more then an hour and never went above 3.2Ghz 100% utilization.  If this work load isn't going any higher then what would?

P.S. these speeds are also replicated in games

you need to quote us for us to get notified. you can also @us to notify us but unless you do that nobody will know you responded to our posts. you seem to be knew to the forum so this is for future reference that way people will actually respond after the initial post. 

I see thank you! I'll test this and report if it works xD

it should work. if it doesn't you can increase the voltage to like 1.3v that seems excessive for 3.7 ghz on all cores though because it used to be stable on 1.18v but then it because unstable for some reason and i had to increase to 1.25 and haven't had a problem since. 

Question, is there any monitoring software that would give core by core clock speed information?

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

you need to quote us for us to get notified. you can also @us to notify us but unless you do that nobody will know you responded to our posts. you seem to be knew to the forum so this is for future reference that way people will actually respond after the initial post. 

Oh thank you!! I'll do that!!

Question, is there any monitoring software that would give core by core clock speed information?

tbh I am unsure. if you overclock from the bios it should do it on all cores which is ideal and should allow for any program to monitor what frequency all of the cores are running at. i would say usually hardware monitor would be able to do it but it is kinda iffy with ryzen so it may or may not work.  

tbh I am unsure. if you overclock from the bios it should do it on all cores which is ideal and should allow for any program to monitor what frequency all of the cores are running at. i would say usually hardware monitor would be able to do it but it is kinda iffy with ryzen so it may or may not work.  

Right! after overclocking I'll use my standard monitoring application, I only wanted to see if indeed at stock some cores run at faster clocks then others.

I don't drought your statement! I only wanted to replicate it, for me own curiosity :)  thank you!

Right! after overclocking I'll use my standard monitoring application, I only wanted to see if indeed at stock some cores run at faster clocks then others.

I don't drought your statement! I only wanted to replicate it, for me own curiosity :)  thank you!

yeah then hardware monitor would probably be the way to do it. the only reason why i say it may not work is because hardware monitor would be because of sleep state issues that make the readings off after sleeping the computer and because hardware monitor was having other issues with reading certain things on ryzen but i think the newest version doesn't have these problems. 

yeah then hardware monitor would probably be the way to do it. the only reason why i say it may not work is because hardware monitor would be because of sleep state issues that make the readings off after sleeping the computer and because hardware monitor was having other issues with reading certain things on ryzen but i think the newest version doesn't have these problems. 

I believe my current BIOS version has been patched to solve that but I'll keep my eyes open

I believe my current BIOS version has been patched to solve that but I'll keep my eyes open

yeah i haven't updated my bios in a while tbh.