My computer is performing worse than it's supposed to

My hardware: 

Intel Core i7 6700k

Gtx 1060 6GB

16 GB DDR4 RAM 2400Mhz

Asus Z170-p Mobo

500W PSU (EVGA)

Cooler Master CPU cooler (not specifying which because it doesn't seem relevant)

1TB HDD, 128GB SSD

Windows 10 home

In GTA 5, I should get an average frame rate of 60+ (according to several benchmarks on Youtube with the same GPU, CPU and RAM), whilst I'm getting 30. I've updated my drivers (and downgraded to see if that was the problem)  and OS; nothing seems to fix the problem. I do not know what to do.

What settings are you running?

Also the 1060 might be limiting the i7's potential but should be perfectly fine.

8 minutes ago, I_need_help! said:

My hardware: 

Intel Core i7 6700k

Gtx 1060 6GB

16 GB DDR4 RAM 2400Mhz

Asus Z170-p Mobo

500W PSU (EVGA)

Cooler Master CPU cooler (not specifying which because it doesn't seem relevant)

1TB HDD, 128GB SSD

Windows 10 home

In GTA 5, I should get an average frame rate of 60+ (according to several benchmarks on Youtube with the same GPU, CPU and RAM), whilst I'm getting 30. I've updated my drivers (and downgraded to see if that was the problem)  and OS; nothing seems to fix the problem. I do not know what to do.

Check the power profil to make sure you're not in power saving !

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

update all your drivers also is your monitor connected to your GPU?

If the monitor was connected to the MoBo, he should see nothing but a black screen...

Just now, Belzebuth said:

If the monitor was connected to the MoBo, he should see nothing but a black screen...

re-read that sentence 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

re-read that sentence 

What's wrong with my sentence ? If you plug a graphic card to your computer, the iGPU is disabled, so if his monitor wasn't plugged to the graphic card, he can not be able to use the computer at all.

4 minutes ago, Belzebuth said:

What's wrong with my sentence ? If you plug a graphic card to your computer, the iGPU is disabled, so if his monitor wasn't plugged to the graphic card, he can not be able to use the computer at all.

sometimes glitches happen, you can use IGPU and GPU at the same time normally you have to enable it in the bios. 

11 minutes ago, Belzebuth said:

The iGPU is still enabled even if the GPU is driving the displays. 

You have to disable the iGPU in the BIOS. Or disalbe the driver in device manager. 

You can use the iGPU and a GPU at the same time though. Pretty neato. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

4 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

The iGPU is still enabled even if the GPU is driving the displays. 

You have to disable the iGPU in the BIOS. Or disalbe the driver in device manager. 

You can use the iGPU and a GPU at the same time though. Pretty neato. 

By default on all Asus MOBO I used the iGPU was always deactivated when the discrete GPU was plugged. 

Anyway, the OP should check his connection has @nerdslayer1 said. 

Advanced Options cost alot of FPS in GTA5. Make sure to reduce them.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO