Intel ships the last Itanium chips

3 minutes ago, Arma_Sektos said:

Fare thee well, x64.  You will be missed.

not really, not even fully official yet, it will take a long time for anything to happen especially something big as this. 

This entry does not meet posting guideline for the Tech News section, and therefor moved out.

Didn't know they even still made those chips. 

Well, now it's officially dead. 

f25913cc42cb0d3d472347221ca240f9fb46e272

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

This entry does not meet posting guideline for the Tech News section, and therefor moved out.

Fair enough.  I've noticed that the same people constantly end up on the WAN Show as topic posters though.  No one new in a long time.  The fact that I don't have the time to spend every waking and sleeping moment finding and posting topics first is the reason I'll never be able to get there, and the reason I so rarely post here.  The LTT forums aren't, apparently, worth my time.

Not long ago, in a galaxy relatively nearby...

3 hours ago, Arma_Sektos said:

Fair enough.  I've noticed that the same people constantly end up on the WAN Show as topic posters though.  No one new in a long time.  The fact that I don't have the time to spend every waking and sleeping moment finding and posting topics first is the reason I'll never be able to get there, and the reason I so rarely post here.  The LTT forums aren't, apparently, worth my time.

You don't need to crawl around forums and websites every minute to find a topic to make it into WAN show, heck i made it into WAN show with a thread that took me literally 5 minutes to type up, after spotting it on overclockers3d's facebook page whilst randomly scrolling.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

You don't need to crawl around forums and websites every minute to make it into WAN show, heck i made it into WAN show with a thread that took me literally 5 minutes to type up, after spotting it on overclockers3d's facebook page whilst randomly scrolling.

Perhaps. That's basically what this topic was for me, I saw it in my Google now feed on my phone. In all honesty though, it's more than just that. Most of the posts I've made on this forum end up with a lot of mocking and/or dismissive comments along with the constructive ones; that alone makes me not want to do much with this site. That said, I suppose there's no getting away from trolls. 

Not long ago, in a galaxy relatively nearby...

36 minutes ago, Arma_Sektos said:

Perhaps. That's basically what this topic was for me, I saw it in my Google now feed on my phone. In all honesty though, it's more than just that. Most of the posts I've made on this forum end up with a lot of mocking and/or dismissive comments along with the constructive ones; that alone makes me not want to do much with this site. That said, I suppose there's no getting away from trolls. 

I bounce between a few forums.  I go elsewhere if I want serious help or news.  I like this community more for shooting the shit with people and definitely nothing serious.