Best Place to buy 18650 batteries FOR BATTERY BANKS

I looking for 18650 batteries for battery banks. I wanted to make some some of the portable chargers, and I was wondering where the best place to get them is for the most reasonable price.

• CPU
    Intel I-7 6700
  • Motherboard
    Msi Z270i Pro Gaming Carbon AC
  • RAM
    16 GB Crucial
  • GPU
    Msi 4gb GTX 960
  • Case
    Corsair 380t
  • Storage
    Seagate FireCuda 1TB
  • PSU
    Random Antec 500w from 2010
  • Display(s)
    Asus VS278
  • Cooling
    Exhaust: LTT NF-F12 Intake: Thermaltake Riing 140mm Orange Heatsink:corsair H75
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G105
  • Sound
    Onkyo 5.1 surround Theater Speakers
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

12 minutes ago, Wolf585 said:

I looking for 18650 batteries for battery banks. I wanted to make some some of the portable chargers, and I was wondering where the best place to get them is for the most reasonable price.

16.5k batteries WTF why why why just buy a car battery lol and hook that up to something instead

My Rigs

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Asus Z170-A 
                                                                                                        Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000

Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

GeForce GTX 1070 Video Card (purchasing soon might be getting G1 or gaming x)

NZXT S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

If you want genuine batteries, get them from a well known distributor of electronic components. Below you have some of the bigger ones with good reputation.

In US you have Digikey.com, Mouser.com , Newark.com

In EU you have Farnell (same company that owns Newark.com , they use different websites for different regions) , Mouser , TME.eu , RS Components

You should buy them from the one closest to you, because some will only ship lithium batteries by land only (through couriers, trains etc) as they're considered dangerous.

If you really want cheap batteries, ive always just gone to eBay and bought lots of dead laptop batteries and then salvaged the good ones from the bad ones. 

On 14.5.2017 at 2:17 AM, HeavyFtw said:

16.5k batteries WTF why why why just buy a car battery lol and hook that up to something instead

r u f*king serious?

On 14.5.2017 at 2:05 AM, Wolf585 said:

well have you tried amazon? i mean i dont know about your amperage needs. vape shops usually carry 18650s with pretty high peak amps.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

http://ru.nkon.nl/ for outside EU and https://eu.nkon.nl/ for inside EU.

cheapest place for garuanteed original cells. i bought thousands of cells from there already.

just a slight FYI to the smartass suggesting a car battery:

regular 65Ah car battery holds roughly 1kW of power and weights about 25kg. 18650x NCR18650B cells (the ones used by tesla in the model S and X) holds about 224kW of power and would weigh about 900kg.

so no, a car battery would not be enough. you would need more then 5,5 TONS of car batteries...

/drop mic.

On 5/13/2017 at 6:17 PM, HeavyFtw said:

18650 refers to the "size" of the battery (Think AA, AAA, or C Cell Batteries)

1 hour ago, Phexous said:

18650 refers to the "size" of the battery (Think AA, AAA, or C Cell Batteries)

Ohhhhhhhhh ok now i understand :D lol

My Rigs

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Asus Z170-A 
                                                                                                        Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000

Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

GeForce GTX 1070 Video Card (purchasing soon might be getting G1 or gaming x)

NZXT S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply