HDMI to VGA from laptop

Luke D

so I have a 900p 60hz monitor lying around and have a gaming laptop w// an HDMI 1.2 port. My laptop display has a high latency so I was wondering if I used an HDMI to VGA adapter I would get 60fps with my laptop display closed? Thanks

21 minutes ago, Luke D said:

so I have a 900p 60hz monitor lying around and have a gaming laptop w// an HDMI 1.2 port. My laptop display has a high latency so I was wondering if I used an HDMI to VGA adapter I would get 60fps with my laptop display closed? Thanks

well it'd need to be an active converter, so that might introduce latency, plus you never specified what the monitors latency was like, chances are it might be worse.

Yours faithfully

3 hours ago, Lord Nicoll said:

well it'd need to be an active converter, so that might introduce latency, plus you never specified what the monitors latency was like, chances are it might be worse.

it's 5ms and 75hz so it's better than my 40ms panel in my laptop though the monitor is 16:10

1 hour ago, Luke D said:

it's 5ms and 75hz so it's better than my 40ms panel in my laptop though the monitor is 16:10

That should work but I think VGA introduces latency, you have to convert it to analog and then the monitor would convert it back but that should still be faster than internal display. 

Yours faithfully

5 hours ago, Luke D said:

Go with a well known brand trust me after a day using a generic one works but then doesn't and it annoying 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

26 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Go with a well known brand trust me after a day using a generic one works but then doesn't and it annoying 

don't worry, I take full use of my warranty claims