My cpu is underclocking itself

Ok guys I will turn my pc off now, unplug it, and undust it. Thanks.

Just now, NuclearKing said:

-snip-

I dont think he should try to change his thermal paste considering his comments. 

dude, blow all the dust out and make sure the fans are spinning. after you do that, we can help you more if necessary 

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

Just now, Alesek said:

I dont think he should try to change his thermal paste considering his comments. 

dude, blow all the dust out and make sure the fans are spinning. after you do that, we can help you more if necessary 

True, but I personally doubt the dust will solve enough problems. He either kills it by having it overheat, or takes a slight chance and kills it replacing thermal paste (which is not hard to do, just follow the directions in the video exactly, and carries next to know risk with proper care). 

3 minutes ago, superfantastic said:

Ok guys I will turn my pc off now, unplug it, and undust it. Thanks.

Make sure you use compressed air and compressed air only. Blowing on it yourself can put moisture on it, and vacuuming can create static that may kill your motherboard. Make sure nothing is obstructing the fans.

i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz |I| Hyper 212 EVO |I| ASUS STRIX Z270E |I| 8 GB DDR4 HyperX FURY
GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB @ 2088 MHz
DEEPCOOL TESSERACT WH |I| EVGA 500 W1 80+
1TB 7200rpm HDD |I| 120GB SSD
GN246HL 144Hz 1080p

Corsair K70 LUX RGB |I| Corsair M65 Pro RGB
PCPP: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/DHzYcf

3 minutes ago, NuclearKing said:

True, but I personally doubt the dust will solve enough problems. He either kills it by having it overheat, or takes a slight chance and kills it replacing thermal paste (which is not hard to do, just follow the directions in the video exactly, and carries next to know risk with proper care). 

Make sure you use compressed air and compressed air only. Blowing on it yourself can put moisture on it, and vacuuming can create static that may kill your motherboard. Make sure nothing is obstructing the fans.

Isnt compressed air way too strong? I dont have a compressor anyways. Really no other way?

1 minute ago, superfantastic said:

Isnt compressed air way too strong? I dont have a compressor anyways. Really no other way?

no, its not. get something like this https://www.google.nl/search?q=compressed+air+can&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjd6vDp0OrTAhWMA8AKHTXxCrkQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=1094

5900X

MSI MEG X570 Unify

32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance

RTX 3080

Dark Base Pro 900

Corsair RM1000i

Just now, superfantastic said:

I mean you can use a compressor, just don't go to max and keep it a fair distance away, but since you dont have one that doesn't matter. You can also use small cans of compressed air that you should be able to find on amazon for really cheap, or at a local hardware or PC shop.

i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz |I| Hyper 212 EVO |I| ASUS STRIX Z270E |I| 8 GB DDR4 HyperX FURY
GN246HL 144Hz 1080p

7 minutes ago, superfantastic said:

Keep us updated on your progress, and after you get dust cleaned check the temps again. If they are still high, you are going to need to replace thermal paste.

GN246HL 144Hz 1080p

I'll keep you updated. Can't do anything right now though, stores are closed. I think I'll remove the dust on the non-delicate parts with some cloth.

Alright so I bought a compressed air can and removed as much of the dust as I can. Removing all dust revealed a long lost fan burried through the years.

I made sure not to touch the motherboard/cpu etc with my hands and held the fan still before I blew on them so they wouldnt spin to their death. Gonna put my pc back and hope for the best.

Current temperatures: 

ac1ab265c7.png

Computer has been turned on for about 10 minutes. Currently it is not underclocked, so I'm pretty sure it was all the filth that caused it!

I could not see my cpu fan very clearly when I had my pc running yesterday, but there was such a ridiculous amount of dust in it. It could have not been spinning at all. Maybe that's why the temperatures rose so high. 

On 5/13/2017 at 6:46 AM, superfantastic said:

a99afcc015.png

These are the temps while playing League of Legends, a not very demanding game.

That is much better, in the acceptable range. Looks like your problem is solved. You could drop it another 10 degrees-ish with fresh thermal paste, My 6600K at stock ran at 40-ish under max load when stock (I know its a different processor, but similar TDP, and of course it runs a bit hotter OC'd), so you are now safe. Anything under 70 degrees Celcius will keep your machine running for quite some time.

GN246HL 144Hz 1080p

On 5/12/2017 at 7:52 AM, NuclearKing said:

Yes, shut it down immediately, unplug it, and watch this video: (preferably on a different device)

no need to turn it off. if it goes over 100 itll auto shut off

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200