BenQ BL3200 DisplayPort 1.2 No Signal

Hello family, 

I have suddenly run into a problem and after much searching I am stumped. I have the BenQ BL3200 monitor. It's a 2560X1440, 60Hz 32" monitor. It has worked for about a year perfectly fine. 

This afternoon I switch on my PC and I get a "No Signal". I try restarting, nothing. I try unplugging and putting into a separate GPU (I have 2X970's in SLI), still nothing. I then unplugged it and plugged in HDMI and it worked perfectly. 

Now, from what I understand, it CANNOT be my GPU's because firstly, they run fun on HDMI and even run games (albeit not at 60fps rip DP 1.2), and furthermore, I would be the world's most unlucky person if BOTH DP ports on my GPU's gave out at the exact same time.

Therefore I can come to the conclusion that it HAS to be either monitor or software. 

I have read things online that say I must turn off the auto switch features and the DDC/CI. I have done and still, nada. I have even done the good ol' "turn it off and unplug everything for 10 mins she'll be right" method and STILL nothing. 

Like I said, the monitor itself is still in perfect condition; I have never overclocked it or any of my GPU's either. I also read somewhere that I should try turn the power settings in NVIDI Control Panel to "Prefer Maximum Performance". Still nothing.

I am at a complete loss for ideas right now and I would LOVE for someone with some knowledge to help a brother out. I really do not want to have a 23kg, $800AU, hunk of junk on my desk.

Sean

Ouch, you got hit with BenQ's quality control. 

I'm not being mean to their brand, but I've seen 3 monitors from this company in real life and every one of them had issues in some way.

Yea I am hoping it's not the case. I have had AOC in the past and they have worked flawlessly for me. 

On a side note I have been fiddling around in Nvidia Ctrl Pnl and I have been noticing that it is coming up with 2 displays when obviously I only have one. I have 2 GPU's but the second has nothing plugged into it. I do now have the DP 1.2 AND the HDMI plugged into my top GPU and it is registering both however, I have no clue what it's doing when it tells me I have 2 displays... God this is so confusing 

I have found a fix I think. Although in saying that, I still have no idea if it's the CORRECT way to do things nor do i know why it detects 2 different ports as 2 separate displays as they are plugged into the same monitor. I was using the "Show only on 2" option and it was coming through HDMI. When I tried to switch to DP on my monitor it would say no signal. I had to then find out which virtual display was the DP one and which was the HDMI one and I had to manually select that and make it "clone" the HDMI display (in my case it was display #1). I did this and then switched to DP on the monitor and it worked! Now I am not sure if i am losing performance because it is cloning a display? Is my CPU still running a second display (albeit not visible) and using up resources? I would really like to just have one or the other depending what I am plugged into but I can't seem to find a way to make it work.

I have learned from my mistake though in buying this monitor. I think now that I could have spent the same $800AU and just bought 2X Asus 27", 1080p monitors. The extra real estate was nice at first but I would get so much more enjoyment by being able to multitask off 2 monitors rather than one big ass one taking up everything.

If anyone has any help on how to better configure I would be grateful. If anyone can EXPLAIN to me ho this works or why it works the way it does, that would be even better. i am always willing to learn for the future!

eJwNyFEOgyAMANC7cACqBYR5G4IEzbQltMaPZXff3uf7mHucZjW7apcVYDuk8NisKI_cqm3M7ay5H2ILX5BVc9mvSiqALoYJY8LkcZlmHxHcjIjBR7ck9_pP8HDTm_gh26mZ7w8F8iLW.png

1 hour ago, SeanTwig said:

I have found a fix I think. Although in saying that, I still have no idea if it's the CORRECT way to do things nor do i know why it detects 2 different ports as 2 separate displays as they are plugged into the same monitor.

This is normal behavior, it happens with all monitors. Every input port is basically a separate monitor. It's actually quite useful for checking how many monitors your system can support without needing four or five separate displays.

Now I am not sure if i am losing performance because it is cloning a display? Is my CPU still running a second display (albeit not visible) and using up resources? I would really like to just have one or the other depending what I am plugged into but I can't seem to find a way to make it work.

Cloning displays doesn't really use any resources.

If anyone has any help on how to better configure I would be grateful. If anyone can EXPLAIN to me ho this works or why it works the way it does, that would be even better. i am always willing to learn for the future!

I can only guess but honestly it sounds like a detection issue, which happens now and then... normally I would recommend unplugging it and plugging it back in again, but you said you already did that. Not sure if you meant just the DisplayPort cable or the power cable, but you should try both.

1 hour ago, Glenwing said:

I can only guess but honestly it sounds like a detection issue, which happens now and then... normally I would recommend unplugging it and plugging it back in again, but you said you already did that. Not sure if you meant just the DisplayPort cable or the power cable, but you should try both.

I did at first just do the cables. One by one trying via process of elimination. All the way until I was unplugging power cables to both my monitor and PC. Like I said in my later post, I think I fixed it but I am not sure if the way I did it is optimal. I am not sure how to change the default display to #1 because it seems to only want to have HDMI on #1. Not sure if that's just part of the way the GPU is set or whether an update screwed with something.

All in all thanks, for elaborating that it's not that weird that there are multiple "virtual" displays. I guess I see how that could come in handy :)