Is the NZXT Kraken x62 a bad buy or i get a bad cooler?

Go to solution Solved by UMxMarky94,

@kenshin210well i take it you still have your noctua, i would simply RMA it as there could be a blockage.

Today i bought a kraken x62 . I seen reviews saying it out performs the noctua nh d14 on many of sites but my one is trash. I have a in tell i7 6700k @4.7ghz 1.340v. The nh d14 i never saw temps over 65c in the hotest time of the year on max load. The thing is the kraken x62 i get 82c or even higher. I put it back to stock clock an am still seeing the temps hit 78c i have used 4 apps to monitor temps realtemp + core temp + hardware monitor + the aida 64 temp thing. I used aida 64 an prime 95 both peaking this cpu out . On the app thats included my liquid doesnt change temp i know the pumps going as if i turn all fans off the liquid temp increases to 40c an my cpu temps hit 90c orhhigher (i did this at stock clock)  my temps are all over the place sometimes its 40 sometimes it 80 on max load. I need opinions on this an i want to know if i got a bad cooler.  As right now my nh d14 beats this out right an im kinda annoyed because i was expecting the exact same temps or lower i got it cause i got sick of the giant heat sink. I dont think this cooler is fuctioning correctly or im a complete dumb person who bought something that was falsly advertised. This pump is super quiet but can tell its going from hoses + turning fans off with liquid raising in temps.  

The things i have done : 

Redone the thermal compound 

Put the cooler on performance mode

Manually set the fan curve and pump speed to 100% 

Have had it on idle an watch the temps erratically change from 25 to 50c

I have taken it to the dealer i bought it from an they think its normal. The temp of liquid barely changed this is whats scaring me. Please to anyone who has other suggestions than the one below please tell me 

For people who question if im stupid or not :

Yes i took the plastic off its impossible to put this cooler down with out taking it off 

Yes i have change the thermal compound an i made sure it seated correctly i have done this four times.  An yes i took off the compound with using the artic silver cleaner 

Im using Noctua nt h1 thermal compound

Specs :

Intel i7 6700k 

Asus Maximus Hero viii

32Gb of corsair vegence 3200mhz ram

Asus rx 480 8gb varient

Evga g2 1000w

Forgot to mention its winter for me an its basically 5 to 10c atm

how long are you running the tests for and also have you double checked for connection ?

7 minutes ago, UMxMarky94 said:

how long are you running the tests for and also have you double checked for connection ?

Yea i have.  An i have put it on for 30 mins an the temps are all over the place. The liquid does not change temp unless fans are completely off.  But if i reset the timer it takes 2mins for it to hit 80c when i had oc an same amount of time to hit  72 to 78. My first cooler which leaked ages ago had same chip an never acted like this temps might of spiked abit but didnt act like this.  I am kinda worried that i did something wrong but i had zero issues with the nh d14 an when i had the corsair h100i never had these temps at least. The other thing i forgot to mention as soon as i take stress test off the temp drops to 25c that thes the part im fustrated about. Because on my corsair i had that leaked (which was my fault)  didnt do that it took time for temps to drop

Just now, kenshin210 said:

Yea i have.  An i have put it on for 30 mins an the temps are all over the place. The liquid does not change temp unless fans are completely off.  But if i reset the timer it takes 2mins for it to hit 80c when i had oc an same amount of time to hit  72 to 78. My first cooler which leaked ages ago had same chip an never acted like this temps might of spiked abit but didnt act like this.  I am kinda worried that i did something wrong but i had zero issues with the nh d14 an when i had the corsair h100i never had these temps at least. 

double check the thermal compound leave it for a while (longer the better) to make sure that water is a room temp then power it back up. In the BIOS make sure that the pump is running as this could be a possibility. where did you get it from ? is a totally new AiO ? 

Just now, UMxMarky94 said:

double check the thermal compound leave it for a while (longer the better) to make sure that water is a room temp then power it back up. In the BIOS make sure that the pump is running as this could be a possibility. where did you get it from ? is a totally new AiO ? 

Yes it is brand new i got it about 9 hours ago. I was going to wait a few days with my computer going constantly. But i have read basically everywhere with my clocked cpu its 45 to 55c on load not what temps im having :( im really worried i bought a bad kraken . I bought it from Dragonpc in nz as thats the only place that i could take it back to if it leaked an if i had to rma it. We were all clueless . I have computer technians cert but i have litterally very little to know knowledge of this type of thing.  If i may ask how long would it take for them to become normal as when i had corsair h100i after a hour it was good to go this...  Not so much thats why im scared i screwed up

9 minutes ago, UMxMarky94 said:

Forgot to say thr pumps defiantly going putting your hand on the tubes turning it up in down in the software you can feel it.  Or can the bios be half my problem we have the latest update for bios atm

3 minutes ago, UMxMarky94 said:

@kenshin210well i take it you still have your noctua, i would simply RMA it as there could be a blockage.

Ahh . So thats why temps arent changing much at all On the liquid is there really anyway to get it to unblock before rma it monday as im going to be busy until then?

Ahh . So thats why temps arent changing much at all is there really anyway to get it to unblock before rma it monday as im going to be busy until then?

Not sure how you could clear a blockage in a AiO without voiding warrenty

Just now, UMxMarky94 said:

Not sure how you could clear a blockage in a AiO without voiding warrenty

Ahh okay i will wait till monday if still high temps i will rma it an say about this post so they understand that it is faulty.

thanks for the help:)

Ahh okay i will wait till monday if still high temps i will rma it an say about this post so they understand that it is faulty.

thanks for the help:)

not sure what the Laws are In Kiwi Land but here in Blighty you can turn something order from the web you have a 30 day cooling off period where you can turn a item the retailer without any reasons ( maybe required to pay for postage)

2 minutes ago, UMxMarky94 said:

not sure what the Laws are In Kiwi Land but here in Blighty you can turn something order from the web you have a 30 day cooling off period where you can turn a item the retailer without any reasons ( maybe required to pay for postage)

Ohh i see yeah well i may ask them to check it on one of their computrs if it irratically plays up with theirs deffiantly rmaing it as it isnt doing the job its meant to

I had a look an you might be right one tubes vibrating the other one i cant really feel it vibrating at all

10 minutes ago, kenshin210 said:

Ohh i see yeah well i may ask them to check it on one of their computrs if it irratically plays up with theirs deffiantly rmaing it as it isnt doing the job its meant to

how the fudge did you decipher my last post xD

i got a little distracted 

5 minutes ago, UMxMarky94 said:

how the fudge did you decipher my last post xD

i got a little distracted 

Well i think the cooler is broken an in nz there is a week if you dont like the product you can take iit back with in reason ofc thats how i understood :P.  But i have noticed one tube feels like no liquid going through if not a little bit an the other feels like its moving the liquid correctly an if the liquid is going backwards an forwards it would explain the eratic behavior of tempeture

The issue isnt the water cooler. The issue is actually the air cooler i had i must of got luck of the draw i have had now a h100i an i get about 5 c hotter then the kraken seems to be that these aios arent good enough for a voltage over 1.3v :/