Viewing own shot 360 camera footage on HTC Vive

Hi everyone,

For my internship at a museum they asked if I could shoot some 360 degree footage, pictures and/or video's of the area around the museum so that they could show visitors the area when it's bad weather.

I still need to order everything that I need for it, but budget is not a problem. But I was wondering if I can use a HTC Vive to play the footage I took with a 360 degree camera? And if I can, how? And what sort of equipment do I need to use. I know that I need to have a beast pc, but I have my own, so I can test it before I buy and build the pc for the museum. But I was wondering which 360 degree camera I should use? (I saw the 360 fly for sale here) 

Thanks in advance

8 minutes ago, DonkeyChainsaw said:

Hi everyone,

For my internship at a museum they asked if I could shoot some 360 degree footage, pictures and/or video's of the area around the museum so that they could show visitors the area when it's bad weather.

I still need to order everything that I need for it, but budget is not a problem. But I was wondering if I can use a HTC Vive to play the footage I took with a 360 degree camera? And if I can, how? And what sort of equipment do I need to use. I know that I need to have a beast pc, but I have my own, so I can test it before I buy and build the pc for the museum. But I was wondering which 360 degree camera I should use? (I saw the 360 fly for sale here) 

Thanks in advance

Know that you can do it, but how I don't know. Google to the rescue! xD

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯