Is it worth it given these conditions?

CookieMaster

So it just came to me, do sound cards mater? I of course researched and came between different onions and of course read the FAQ on the forum.

But does it matter or benefit me given my rig? Now in the past I did have one, but my on board audio was dead so I couldn't compare.

Along with sound cards, does front io audio make a difference in sound (case) over rear io (mobo)? (I'm asking in general here and for me)

I wanted to see what others thought given these factors:

Headphones: Razer Kraken Pro

Case: Master Case Maker 5

Mobo: Asus X99 - A II

Current setup: No sound card. Headphones in front io (case) Software used: Razer surround pro  

Use: Gaming and music (EDM) (I usually crank up the volume on my pc to 100 % for more bass and such..)

But wouldn't a sound card basically get rid of the need of the software? (not that it was needed in the first place, just an enchantment)

Thanks, and let me know. 

If you are using the Razer Kraken pro I would suggest you switch your headphones to the back io for optimal quality. Only with really high-end headphones is a sound card needed

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, simonbyrial said:

If you are using the Razer Kraken pro I would suggest you switch your headphones to the back io for optimal quality. Only with really high-end headphones is a sound card needed

That brings me to one more question, do headphone extensions bring down the quality? Due to my current setup, I believe the line between he rear io and where I sit is a bit of a squeeze but not too bad. 

1 minute ago, CookieMaster said:

That brings me to one more question, do headphone extensions bring down the quality? Due to my current setup, I believe the line between he rear io and where I sit is a bit of a squeeze but not too bad. 

An extension only brings down audio quality if the cable is shit. Read reviews on amazon for example. 

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 minutes ago, simonbyrial said:

An extension only brings down audio quality if the cable is shit. Read reviews on amazon for example. 

Thank you very much, and I just moved literally 1 step from my bed to my desk to see that I still have plenty of room when plugged in the rear io. Forgot how close my computer is to me even though its been like that for more than a year. 

The board's op-amp can feed to either the front or back, so it doesn't matter which ports you use. A sound card isn't going to make any difference for Krakens; upgrading them to virtually anything else will make a bigger difference.

The software lowers your audio quality if anything. Extension cables have a very minor effect unless there's something wrong with the cable.

How do you use those headphones at 100%? That should be permanent hearing damage territory off that motherboard.

5 minutes ago, Nimrodor said:

The board's op-amp can feed to either the front or back, so it doesn't matter which ports you use. A sound card isn't going to make any difference for Krakens; upgrading them to virtually anything else will make a bigger difference.

The software lowers your audio quality if anything. Extension cables have a very minor effect unless there's something wrong with the cable.

How do you use those headphones at 100%? That should be permanent hearing damage territory off that motherboard.

Thanks and yeah I'm gonna go deaf soon.... 

Should really turn the volume down. 

Edit: you should hear my jet  engine i mean pc

could turn the fans down a bit and gpu fans as well. 

Edited by CookieMaster
Added

15 minutes ago, Nimrodor said:

Double post and a note to everyone else:

Seems that razer surround actually makes the loudness less, adding a bass boost makes it less loud as well. 100 percent volume isn't that loud

Put the settings on audio to surround and bass boost in windows and it sounds almost the same with razer surround, although sounds a bit better on razers side