is it worth?

hi,

just want an true opinion who take care about the cost, the service, the case etc.

I want a new computer, i already have an alienware laptop, i really happy with it, no problem and good service, but i want a better tower and i am looking for the alienware area 51 with :

I7 69000K

GTX 1080 TI

64 Go de mémoire DDR4 XMP HyperX™ FURY à 2 667 MHz

1 SSD 512 GO and 1 2To

there is also mouse and keyboard... (not that good but still there :D)

1 year warranty premium

for 4700 €

i know nothing in computer so i am really afraid of building one by my self

ty for your opinion

is this a prebuild PC? If so, can you send a link?

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

is this a prebuild PC?

yes

yes

Can you send a link to where it is?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why is it so expensive lol?

I think all those component only costs like 75% of the asking price

Oh nvm it's an alienware...

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

Why is it so expensive lol?

I think all those component only costs like 75% of the asking price

... ofc....

, i never see it 75%, i make some build on amazon and yes it's cheaper, BUT i have to build it by my self, and no professionel behind me or any warranty. if it doesn't work i am f`*cked because i know nothing in computer

you could got to Alternate France and use their pc configurator, You pick your parts and they put them together for you and send it.

Dell/Alienware is kind of nice equip but well overpriced in my opinion. 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

I would say that you get 16GB of RAM instead of 64 and i'm a little unsure about hardisk space. Is it enough?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you could got to Alternate France and use their pc configurator, You pick your parts and they put them together for you and send it.

Dell/Alienware is kind of nice equip but well overpriced in my opinion. 

i try but i have HHHUUUGGGEEE problem with the case, I don't find a nice case :/

I would say that you get 16GB of RAM instead of 64 and i'm a little unsure about hardisk space. Is it enough?

i wil only play game on it, but many different,

i try but i have HHHUUUGGGEEE problem with the case, I don't find a nice case :/

Have you seen Corsair 570X, uses tempered glass, I think this beats any case from any manufacturer

https://www.alternate.fr/html/product/information/pageBuilder.html?kind=pcBuilder&componentType=required&articleId=1307031&className=pccase&activeClassName=pccase

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

I'm at work so I can't see the link, I think you can cut down on the motherboard and PSU to save money, because they are overkill and too expensive. But I can see if you have a lot of money since you were thinking about buying an alienware.

Is the case you choose better than the one I linked, the Corsair 570X?

Edit: Ok saw that Gamer Storm case, expensive yet still all steel and plastic...

the 570X used tempered glass, it gives you the premium feel and it's beautiful.

Is the case you choose better than the one I linked, the Corsair 570X?

i am confuse because i don't know anything, so i don't know if it's make ton of noise or not, if it's cool well the CPU. but i pref this one :

Boîtier PC Gamer Storm Genome ROG Certified Edition Boitier PC gamer Gamer Storm

Genome ROG Certified Edition

i know it's maybe an "overkill" but i just want to build something and don't want to touch it until 3 years ... :)(atleast)

... ofc....

, i never see it 75%, i make some build on amazon and yes it's cheaper, BUT i have to build it by my self, and no professionel behind me or any warranty. if it doesn't work i am f`*cked because i know nothing in computer

bro. you get really good warranty support as long as you buy your stuff from good name brands and its super easy to build. honestly its hard to mess up parts these days cause their covered in plastic and metal plating to protect the important stuff. yes 20 years ago parts were easy to break but now a days you can throw most your stuff against a wall and it'll work just fine. 

... ofc....

Yeah all parts have 3-5 years warranty from manufacturers

and most parts these day are idiot-proof when it comes to installing

I would strongly recommend building your own. It is now much easier and less risky to do so. LinusTechTips videos on youtube will provide you will all the tutorials and everything you need to know. If you order parts from a website like amazon you will get one  year's warrantee of each part. 

I wouldn't recommend more than 32Gb of ram unless you are doing some serious rendering. 

Order the parts from PC part picker and have it installed at a local computer shop.

Costs like 100$ max and you get labor warranty.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 hour ago, tp95112 said:

What are you using it for? I can already say you won't be utilizing the 64Gb of ram ever. 

Challenge accepted. Commence opening over 9000 Chrome tabs...

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Maybe you should assemble it or at least buy the components separately. This is overpriced.

• CPU
    Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake 4.0GHz 8MB - Sk 1151
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON - SK 1151
  • RAM
    HyperX Fury 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2400MHz CL15
  • GPU
    Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1060 6GB OC
  • Case
    DeepCool Tesseract SW
  • Storage
    SSD 2.5" Kingston SSDNow UV400 120GB TLC SATA + HDD 3.5" Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA III + HDD 3.5" Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA III
  • PSU
    XFX TS 550W
  • Display(s)
    HannsG HW191D 19" Widescreen LCD TFT
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master Seidon 120V VER.2
  • Keyboard
    Cooler Master Storm Octane Combo
  • Mouse
    Steelseries Rival 100
  • Sound
    Logitech Z333