Seperate Build Logs

I recommend creating two sub forums for Build logs for those that are sponsored and those that are not.

Personally, I don't care to see any sponsored builds/content. Separating them would bring me back to the side of the forum, cause right now I've lost all interest and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Thanks for looking.

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work

I do agree with you. But can I ask why you want it separate? any user will say its a sponsored build when they post. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Maybe a separation for build logs where some actual modding takes place is cool too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I don't know what the issue is. The only real difference is that someone else provides the products, some non sponsored builds are better than some sponsored ones. And we're would partial sponsored builds lie? I've had partial sponsorship where mayhems and primochill provided some water cooling parts, I still bought my own hardware and water blocks 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

If there would be miracle and ISP devs actually did some good, we could have more options for posting topics and editing them. Idk if that could be done later too with addon.

But main idea would be that in selected subforums you could do some selections from dropdown and they would be like tags. With that one could select Sponsored or Modded and have it as label. Which you can then search or set Activity stream to look out for. These could be made mandatory on those certain subforums. Ofc they could be changed with editing too like regular tags. But you couldn't post without selecting one. Second part would be with finished builds. You could add tags telling which part of process it is. Planning, In Progress or Finished. Or something else. Ofc this requires something from user. But I've seen it working very well on another forums Classifieds section.

That kind of topic creation would fit several subforums which appeal to people with special tastes. Like Build Logs, Liquid Cooling and New Builds. Maybe Classifieds and Hot Deals too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

snip

Some of us in this world work 60+ hours a week, have a wife, house, kids, business, and more to deal with. It leaves very very little time to look at what people are building so sorting through even a few posts can be a bit of a hassle. Those few precious few seconds can dictate whether I can be apart of something or not. And honestly, I want to be apart of peoples builds where they pay to play. Not with those that are getting paid to play.

Hope that clears things up   ;)

1 hour ago, stealth80 said:

snip

Any sponsorship is a sponsorship, whether its one part or the whole build. I'm simply not interested. Dont' worry though, there are plenty of those that are interested, I'm sure if this change were implemented, it wouldn't take away from those that are sponsored.

Its simply helping those of us with little time but want to be apart of something still.

37 minutes ago, PCMasterDebater said:

Any sponsorship is a sponsorship, whether its one part or the whole build. I'm simply not interested. Dont' worry though, there are plenty of those that are interested, I'm sure if this change were implemented, it wouldn't take away from those that are sponsored.

Its simply helping those of us with little time but want to be apart of something still.

But I don't understand why being sponsored makes a difference, it's still a build log, just companies provided the parts. I think a better option as previously stated is to go with case mods and build logs.

so you're saying you would be quite happy looking at a build log for a while but as soon as a sponsor got onboard (this happens a lot, some companies want to see actual progress before committing) you wouldn't want to see it no longer even if you was interested in the original concept and design?

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

20 hours ago, stealth80 said:

But I don't understand why being sponsored makes a difference, it's still a build log, just companies provided the parts. I think a better option as previously stated is to go with case mods and build logs.

so you're saying you would be quite happy looking at a build log for a while but as soon as a sponsor got onboard (this happens a lot, some companies want to see actual progress before committing) you wouldn't want to see it no longer even if you was interested in the original concept and design?

Why are you stuck on this? A 5 year old can understand what I've already explained.

47 minutes ago, PCMasterDebater said:

Why are you stuck on this? A 5 year old can understand what I've already explained.

I don't see why there's a difference, it's coming across like you are pissed cause they got free stuff, that is, the attitude of a 5 year old

Ryzen Ram Guide

4 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

I don't see why there's a difference, it's coming across like you are pissed cause they got free stuff, that is, the attitude of a 5 year old

No need to get personal here. Opinions are something you just won't argue about. If he wants to only check out build logs made from blood, sweat and tears of spending OWN money, then so be it. And if you think it doesn't matter if builder cries or company giving them stuff to use (it rarely is completely free anyway), thats your think. If I could choose filtering option, it would probably be professionals vs others. Well... professionals do customer builds so those are technically sponsored too. Someone else is doing the crying.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

No need to get personal here. Opinions are something you just won't argue about. If he wants to only check out build logs made from blood, sweat and tears of spending OWN money, then so be it. And if you think it doesn't matter if builder cries or company giving them stuff to use (it rarely is completely free anyway), thats your think. If I could choose filtering option, it would probably be professionals vs others. Well... professionals do customer builds so those are technically sponsored too. Someone else is doing the crying.

I agree everyone to their opinion, but I don't see why the mods should go to the effort for such a minor thing, a build log is a build log, I really don't see the importance of whether or not the items were paid for, we are looking at the build skills and to be honest some of the sponsored stuff where the guys are CNC-ing etc are fantastic. 

I do agree with the tag option, Bit-tech use that facility but not to identify sponsorship, but more for things like "scratch build", "Case Mod", "Build Log" etc

https://forums.bit-tech.net/forumdisplay.php?f=42

However I don't even think these forums offer that facility and it would probably require moving the whole thing to a new platform. 

Could be nice to have sub-forums for case mods, scratch builds and build logs, but breaking it down to sponsored when most people state that it is sponsored is pointless in my opinion. 

Lastly

9 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

No need to get personal here. 

1 hour ago, PCMasterDebater said:

Shots fired! xD

Ryzen Ram Guide

7 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

I agree everyone to their opinion, but I don't see why the mods should go to the effort for such a minor thing, a build log is a build log, I really don't see the importance of whether or not the items were paid for, we are looking at the build skills and to be honest some of the sponsored stuff where the guys are CNC-ing etc are fantastic. 

I do agree with the tag option, Bit-tech use that facility but not to identify sponsorship, but more for things like "scratch build", "Case Mod", "Build Log" etc

https://forums.bit-tech.net/forumdisplay.php?f=42

However I don't even think these forums offer that facility and it would probably require moving the whole thing to a new platform. 

Could be nice to have sub-forums for case mods, scratch builds and build logs, but breaking it down to sponsored when most people state that it is sponsored is pointless in my opinion. 

Lastly

Shots fired! xD

Case mods have their own subforum... But if there would be better tagging system, why not let everyone and their mother have own tag? Atm one could use tags. And with that mark it as sponsored. It could be even encouraged with pinned note or forum announcement. But in the end those do very little.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

49 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

You must of missed this post, so here it is again partially explaining why I'm not interested.

"Some of us in this world work 60+ hours a week, have a wife, house, kids, business, and more to deal with. It leaves very very little time to look at what people are building so sorting through even a few posts can be a bit of a hassle. Those few precious seconds can dictate whether I can be apart of something or not."

You thinking I'm jealous of free stuff is childish and assuming. I own multiple businesses and manage countless employees. I sponsor a racing team, donate my time and resources to local charities, and donate vehicles to those that are trying to get on their feet. I have furnished houses for families who have lost their homes to fire. If you lived next door to me, you wouldn't even know I did these things cause I don't advertise it, I don't apply for tax credits, I don't call the local news paper, and I don't take pictures. I'm not a show off. I help those that can.

That's what I want to see in the build logs and having a easy way to navigate to those threads would be a helpful for me to be apart of that group of people.

That clear things up?

47 minutes ago, PCMasterDebater said:

You must of missed this post, so here it is again partially explaining why I'm not interested.

"Some of us in this world work 60+ hours a week, have a wife, house, kids, business, and more to deal with. It leaves very very little time to look at what people are building so sorting through even a few posts can be a bit of a hassle. Those few precious seconds can dictate whether I can be apart of something or not."

You thinking I'm jealous of free stuff is childish and assuming. I own multiple businesses and manage countless employees. I sponsor a racing team, donate my time and resources to local charities, and donate vehicles to those that are trying to get on their feet. I have furnished houses for families who have lost their homes to fire. If you lived next door to me, you wouldn't even know I did these things cause I don't advertise it, I don't apply for tax credits, I don't call the local news paper, and I don't take pictures. I'm not a show off. I help those that can.

That's what I want to see in the build logs and having a easy way to navigate to those threads would be a helpful for me to be apart of that group of people.

That clear things up?

hats off to your generosity seriously, however I can't see why it makes a difference whether or not it is sponsored, maybe you view the logs for reasons different to me - i look for originality and skill of hand, the components don't really interest me - this is why I guess I can't see past why it makes a difference to you whether it is sponsored or not

Ryzen Ram Guide

The problem is that there are a lot of different ways that people would want to filter build logs, so splitting it into subforums would only please a small subset of people, while annoying the rest. Ideally, there would be some sort of tag system, where users have to tag the build as sponsored or not, involving modding or not, etc, but unfortunately that isn't practical to implement at the moment.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

splitting it into subforums would only please a small subset of people, while annoying the rest.

I'm positive it would annoy no one having two sub forums for sponsored and non sponsored. The fact star citizen and PC gaming are in separate forums indicates the lack of fore thought with your response. If those can be separate, its a no brainer having these separated.

Its okay, you can go with the honest response on this one, "Creating two sub forums for sponsored and non-sponsored content would ultimately take away from our advertising partners. That's not something we are interested in doing at this time."

No worries, I guess I'll stay out of the build logs. Perhaps with an occasional visit once a week or month. To bad really. Ah well, I have to much going on anyways.

2 hours ago, PCMasterDebater said:

I'm positive it would annoy no one having two sub forums for sponsored and non sponsored. The fact star citizen and PC gaming are in separate forums indicates the lack of fore thought with your response. If those can be separate, its a no brainer having these separated.

Its okay, you can go with the honest response on this one, "Creating two sub forums for sponsored and non-sponsored content would ultimately take away from our advertising partners. That's not something we are interested in doing at this time."

No worries, I guess I'll stay out of the build logs. Perhaps with an occasional visit once a week or month. To bad really. Ah well, I have to much going on anyways.

It would annoy people to have to look through two subforums where there was previously only one place to look, and the number of people who would benefit from it would be relatively small.

LMG don't get any money from the sponsored build logs on the forum, so such changes, or lack thereof, are not influenced by money/etc.

HTTP/2 203