How Will We Rebuild?

TheRuke

r/pcmasterrace has been banned!

subreddit-banned.png

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

don't use reddit

You're fast.

I liek 'dat.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

Owner of reddit must be a console peasant. Honestly never been on reddit also.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Owner of reddit must be a console peasant. Honestly never been on reddit also.

This subreddit is the only reason I go on reddit. Now I must converse with peasants in r/gaming :(

Sorry I don't use reddit

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Thats a fake. Who the actual fuck would add console category for a PC Master Race forum. He should burn!

Notice and Bashing

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Notice and Bashing

Dont care! We already know that console is piece of crap. What if peasant come there and start making console threads. Thats breaking 1st commandment of PC Master Race...

Ministry of StopIt!

Dont care! We already know that console is piece of crap. What if peasant come there and start making console threads. Thats breaking 1st commandment of PC Master Race...

It has to be bashed on.

This is what started it:

GubuU.jpg

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I must say I find this PC master race stuff to be rather hilarious considering

for most people gaming is a recreational activity and not, you know, an essential

skill for survival or earning a living or anything else that actually matters. :rolleyes:

Reading up on the hole drama on reddit I actually find the admins' reactions quite

understandable. For them it's a matter of business, and even if most people in that

subreddit were going about their business without doing stupid stuff such as calling

in fake murders and bomb threads (seriously, WTF?!), in the end reddit need to assess

whether the amount of time they spend keeping the minority of morons in check is worth

keeping the whole subreddit open. If it's not then they close it.

Aside from that it's also a matter of reputation, and this is a problem of any community.

When a small group of users start to be disruptive, they can piss off a lot of people.

If those other people are users, they might leave, and if they are your source of income,

(for example, people paying you to run advertisements), you stop making money (and of

course dropping user numbers by themselves also lead to advertisers paying you less).

So yeah, it's just about business.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Fucking love this:

A peasant told me that "Killzone looks about as good as any high end PC game I've seen. I sent him this picture in reply.

vJIidUL.png

Ministry of StopIt!

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

This whole 'glorious PC master race' joke has to go, it's going from sort of funny to annoying.

I applaud whatever made the subreddit close down.

This whole 'glorious PC master race' joke has to go, it's going from sort of funny to annoying.

Thing is, the game (if one can call it that) can be played for anything else

you like to (these are examples, not my personal points of view ;) ):

• Linux master race > Windows peasants
  • UNIX master race > Linux peasants
  • coder master race > user peasants
  • mini computer master race > micro computer peasants
  • mainframe master race > mini computer peasants
  • super computer master race > mainframe peasants
  • BOINC master race > Folding @ Home peasants
  • Xeon master race > desktop CPU peasants
  • real life master race > gaming peasants
  • rich master race > poor peasants
  • and so on and so forth...
Are there moronic console users who don't know WTF they're talking about?

Yes, of course. But in any arbitrarily selected group of people there will

inevitably be morons, it's just a statistical necessity. There are certainly

enough PC gamers who are utterly clueless as well (anyone buy four Titans

for single screen gaming lately?).

The joke was never that good to begin with, and now it's about as worn out

as a 40-year-old pr0n star's... yeah, you get the idea. :rolleyes:

I like gaming, I really do. I have played some awesome titles on both console

and PC. Would I prefer it if there were no console exclusives? Sure. I'd also

prefer all my games to be native to Linux and/or UNIX. But the thing is, some

of the most awesome games I've played were console exclusives (the Metal Gear

Solid series, for example).

The graphics would have been better on PC, and depending on your personal

preferences on the whole controller vs. keyboard/mouse thing you would have

been better off on PC as well, but in the grand scheme of things, impressive

graphics are cool and all, but they're not at the top of my personal list of

priorities when it comes to whether or not I enjoy a game.

If graphical awesomeness is at the top of your list (and sure, it can be,

nothing wrong with that) then yeah, PC all the way. But personally, I want my

games to be immersive and engaging and have awesome storylines above all things,

and while I would love me some 4k goodness it's not really required for that.

I'll take it if I can get it, but I can get by without. Hell, the original

PC edition of Deux Ex is from the year 2000, and it's still my favourite game

ever, outdated graphics or not.

Anyway, </ramble> ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

reddit sucks, pc master race shit sucks. done

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

don't use reddit

YOU AGAIN! can u change avatar . that girl looks good:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Yep, I thought all PC users are mature. I was wrong..

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer