How to boot in m.2 drive

The title pretty much says it

I really dont know, can someone please have like a step by step tutorial??

pls pls pls pls:)

Just now, RollinLower said:

can we have your specs? i think only certain motherboards can do this. i might be wrong though! check your BIOS for an option to enable booting from M.2.

CPU:R5 1600
Mobo:MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic

RAM: G skill trident z 3000mhz
SSD: Crucial Mx300 m.2
GPU: Asus strix gtx 1070

I just installed Windows on my M.2 3 days ago. I just pluged in my USB, selected it as boot device, custom windows install, elected 250GB drive (M.2) and that was it.

It's like installing on any other ssd/hdd.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Press the key on your specific motherboard that opens the boot menu,select the m.2 ssd and it should boot from it if there is a OS installed.If the drive is not in the list,see if the drive is disabled,or  removed from the boot order in the UEFI setup utility,if its not detected,check that the slot you put your ssd is m.2 only,m.2/nvme slot (f your ssd is m.2 only,if its nvme,put it in a m.2 nvme slot),putting it in a nvme  only slot (if you have a plain m.2 ssd not nvme ssd)should not work (idk if those even exist) and see if the m.2 ssd is put properly and screwed it to the motherboard tightly,if still not,you've got a bad drive,or there could be more solutions.

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

35 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Press the key on your specific motherboard that opens the boot menu,select the m.2 ssd and it should boot from it if there is a OS installed.If the drive is not in the list,see if the drive is disabled,or  removed from the boot order in the UEFI setup utility,if its not detected,check that the slot you put your ssd is m.2 only,m.2/nvme slot (f your ssd is m.2 only,if its nvme,put it in a m.2 nvme slot),putting it in a nvme  only slot (if you have a plain m.2 ssd not nvme ssd)should not work (idk if those even exist) and see if the m.2 ssd is put properly and screwed it to the motherboard tightly,if still not,you've got a bad drive,or there could be more solutions.

that is helpful thanks

1 hour ago, KenVelocity said:

that is helpful thanks

Did it work for you? sorry for late reply

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

1 minute ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Did it work for you? sorry for late reply

yeah, but first, I had to search and review the bios cause this guy right here(ME) is a noob hahahaha 

thanks

Just now, KenVelocity said:

yeah, but first, I had to search and review the bios cause this guy right here(ME) is a noob hahahaha 

thanks

Ok good