AOC G2460PF 144Hz and Freesync several problems

akmaggo

Hello

I have AOC G2460PF monitor where I had couple of problems...

1. if I plug in a DVI-D and place above 60Hz I get this weird image... 

Spoiler

D4BalAy.jpg

2. I had issues using DP and I woke up while pc was running and I saw a similar image. But this stopped to happen, it was happening for 1week and then it stopped maybe cuz I was playing with options but didn't change anything

3. I use DP normaly, but I have stutters that really annoy me, and I am not sure what causes it.

Example, if I run any video player and watch a movie full screen, it stutters each few sec for half second, hard

if I get out of full screen and put it lower resolution it stutters but barely noticable, if I put it to like 80% of screen I can watch not noticing it. What's the possible issue here?

I had stutters in games before but this started to happen using new GPU recently asus rx570 oc4gb, so the freesync is on with AMD gpu in drivers

also I noticed the amd freesync causes flickers in game menus, also video player when I have it full screen and press pause I can see flickers, where the monitor is advertised as flicker free, and I see others have similar problems...

EDIT:

I tried on my bros PC with my GPU  (AMD rx570 and his Nvidia GTX970)

running any movie 720p-1080p with any video player at full screen (lowering the resolution a bit causes small stutters to not visible one at already 80-90% of screen)

with AMD

DVI (freesync not supported), 60 Hz - no stutter

DVI (freesync not supported), 60+ (144) Hz - image defected like on the pic above

HDMI (freesync off) 60Hz - stutter

HDMI (freesync on) 60Hz - stutter

DP (freesync on/off) 60-144Hz stutter

with Nvidia (freesync not supported with nvidia) 

DP 144Hz - no stutter

freesync on also causes flickering in game menus

freesync on also causes flickering in video player while watching a 'movie' at full screen

also this happeend while connecting first time to my bros pc with my amd gpu while I didn't install monitor driver yet