Switched to internet explorer "Inori Aizawa" Edition

For you who did not see this on the news or off-topic page... Microsoft had released a video showing the new internet explorer mascotte..

I have downloaded the themed version of internet explorer today to try it for a while..

First impressions are:

The so called theme is just a homepage where you can choose between different backgrounds of the mascotte..

It also holds a few link to several sites with anime interests... on the bottom of the page is a bar with link to anime news...

http://www.internetexplorertan.com/home/#

The site works in other browsers but will not show the backgrounds..

Beyond that its just your normal internet explorer..

It crashes youtube everytime, sometimes after 5 seconds sometimes it takes a minute..

I'm unable to use copy-paste (keyboard or mouse) beyond the regions of the adress-bar..

So far not a great experience...

post-961-0-73672200-1384793317_thumb.jpg

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

I still can't Believe Microsoft thought this was a good idea

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

While I love the idea, that Inori Aizawa browser version was the biggest disappointment I've suffered.

For the record inori is a cute fuck

I still can't Believe Microsoft thought this was a good idea

In japan its a great idea!

I thought EI broke my youtubes but it wasn't working on firefox either..

Still can't find a solution that I can't copy/paste anywhere or anything within the forum..

Probably gonna bring me back to firefox if I cant fix it these next couple of days..

What the actual... Why Microsoft...

I'm actually starting to like IE 11.. the theme is nothing more then a homepage a let down for anime fans I guess..

but its not half bad after you went through security settings... its not slow (atleast i did not notice a performance change goig to EI from firefox)... And adds some functions I have not seen on any other browser software out there..

I thought id point out that I think they have done this sort of thing before. SO far my favorite thing in the crying gif that comes up when you use like FireFox to go to that page. It is not my desktop background :P

I'm starting to like IE 11 better then firefox.. Its certainly as fast and its got more and better features right out of the box..

I can pin websites directly to my taskbar.. And with sites like facebook you can even see notifications

post-961-0-58775100-1385284972.jpg

LOLPhilips, on 24 Nov 2013 - 5:22 PM, said:

I'm starting to like IE 11 better then firefox.. Its certainly as fast and its got more and better features right out of the box..

I can pin websites directly to my taskbar.. And with sites like facebook you can even see notifications

I'm using IE10 on my desktop and IE11 on the laptop.IE11 does feel so much faster and snappier than FF. The YT thing has nothing to do with IE. It is just YT being YT though it looks like the crashing problem has gone by now. Have you tried pinning Bing for your hompage? It has changeable backgrounds and sometimes it is animated. If you have a Bing desktop toolbar, it will use the same background on Bing for your wallpaper,so everyday is a different wallpaper.

I'm using IE10 on my desktop and IE11 on the laptop.IE11 does feel so much faster and snappier than FF. The YT thing has nothing to do with IE. It is just YT being YT though it looks like the crashing problem has gone by now. Have you tried pinning Bing for your hompage? It has changeable backgrounds and sometimes it is animated. If you have a Bing desktop toolbar, it will use the same background on Bing for your wallpaper,so everyday is a different wallpaper.

Thanks for the tip =) yeah I don't have any problems with YT anymore..

So what do you guys think of my new avatar?

Why ?? oh why ?? would you make my sweet Inori cry =(

You know she has a cat right so she's an alright person.

Cause thats part of the gif you get when you browse to the url with say firefox. I actually have the whole pic as my background currently.

Been using IE 11 for a while. I think the IE hate is more of a tradition rather than actual hate.

Heck some people probably haven't even used it properly, because they are so used to seeing the hate for it.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

I know just a joke =P

Is it bad that shes so cute when shes crying? :P

• 1 year later...

Well she is the cutest browser mascot so far unless firefox makes holo the offical mascot for their browser xD

AMD Ryzen 7950X3D [x2 360 Rad EKWB] | Asus Extreme x670E | RTX TUF 4090 OC@3GHz [EKWB Block] | Corsair HX1500i | G.Skill Neo CL30 6000MHz (2x32GB) | MP700 2TB Gen5 + 980/950 Pro 1TB M.2 | x6 85PRO 512GB | NAS 4x 18TB Seagate Exo Raid 10+Backblaze | Lian-Li o11D XL | Main Screen: Samsung OLED G9 | AUX: LG IPS7 27" (x2) LG CX 55" G-Sync | Copyright©1996-2024 Teletha All rights reserved. ®