got a bit of AMD gpu power to spare? I could use your help!

kuzko

Hello chaps !

Recently, the Blender foundation announced a feature parity between CUDA and OpenCL on their software Blender for the version 2.79.

I am testing the rendering results of said version for a free and collaborative render-farm named sheepit. (BTW really cool site, check it out)

The concept is simple : render frames for others, earn points doing so, points are used when other people render frames for you. The more points you have, the higher priority your project is when placed in the rendering queue.

Right now, only the CPU and CUDA rendering are validated and enabled on the site.

If the test results are good and the rendered frames have good quality, then AMD GPU owners will be able to join in and contribute too thanks to the OpenCL capability of these GPUs.

If you have an AMD gpu from series 7XXX and after, lending a bit of your computing power could really be useful.

How to :

First, you should know that all tests are done on the render-farm sandbox and you need the Java Runtime Environment installed, version 7 and up.

Download the built openCL client (sheepit-client.jar), or build it yourself, it's open source ! here (branch "opencl", you'll need apache ant) : https://github.com/laurent-clouet/sheepit-client/tree/opencl

Then have a look at the instructions linked.

If you wish to know more about the project or the details of what the heck i'm talking about, well, you can comment and wait for my replay or come on the "blender" discord server where a sheepit channel lies and I'm lurking on it. come say hi ^^

Thank you for reading and I hope helping ^^

kuzko out.

command line to run the stuff.txt

sheepit-client.jar

Gaming Laptop :  MSI (worst brand ever in EU) GT70 0NC 48FR - I7 3610QM - 670M 3GB GDDR5 - 12GB 1600MHZ - raid0 2 x 64GB sandisk SSD - 750 Gb Hitachi 7200/min

Galaxy s3 GTI9300 international - Archidroid v2.5.3 (git) - 1600Mhz PegasuQ on ArchiKernel .