GTX 570 SLI vs 760

eX.Drunk

Hi guys, right now i have 2x sparkle GTX 570 OC version in SLI mode with 8GB corsair vengeance on 3570k at default clock speed. I have enough money to buy a 760 right now.

Do i need to upgrade it?

I play all the latest games at 1080p high-ultra with this build.

Even battlefield 4.

Should i upgrade my card to a 760?

Time is of the essence, i need to come up with an answer in like 1.5-2 days :/

if my current cards are fine, i will buy an SSD.

• CPU i5 3570k - 4.0 Ghz | Motherboard Intel DZ77SL50K | RAM Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 BUS DDR3 4GBx1 | GPU 2x Sparkle GTX 570 OC editionCase CM 370 EliteStorage Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHEPSU Cooler Master GX series 550W (80+ bronze)Display(s) Samsung 46' series 5 TV(1080p), Dell 20' (1280x1024)Cooling 3x Corsair SP120 QUIET EDITION HIGH STATIC PRESSURE 120MM FAN TWIN PACKKeyboard DELL original default keyboardMouse A4 Tech x2 800dpi | Sound On board~!

If you can run all the latest games in ultra settings, then i don't see why you should upgrade ;)

CPU: FX-8350, GPU: xfx radeon r9 290, RAM: corsair venegance 8gb, STORAGE; seagate barracuda 1TB hdd, SSDnow kingston 120gb, CPU COOLER: CM hyper 212 , CASE: fractal design XL, PSU: corsair CS 650w 80+ gold MOBO: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3

if your playing current games at frame rates your happy with, spend the money on a good ssd as you will notice a huge improvement in your system over the extra few fps in games

MoBo: GA-z77x-ud3h CPU: 2500K @ 3.1 (miss my h80) Cooler: Stock GPU: EVGA 780 ACX RAM: 8gb G.skill SSDs: 2X Sammy 120EVOs HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracudas PSU: Corsair RM750 Case: Blue NZXT H440

If you can run all the latest games in ultra settings, then i don't see why you should upgrade ;)

if your playing current games at frame rates your happy with, spend the money on a good ssd as you will notice a huge improvement in your system over the extra few fps in games

yeah but 500 series are kinda old so i wanted to be make my system as futureproof as possible with the money i have. Okay i'll stick to this and buy an SSD instead. Thankyou guys!

• CPU i5 3570k - 4.0 Ghz | Motherboard Intel DZ77SL50K | RAM Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600 BUS DDR3 4GBx1 | GPU 2x Sparkle GTX 570 OC editionCase CM 370 EliteStorage Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA HARD DRIVE 64MB CACHEPSU Cooler Master GX series 550W (80+ bronze)Display(s) Samsung 46' series 5 TV(1080p), Dell 20' (1280x1024)Cooling 3x Corsair SP120 QUIET EDITION HIGH STATIC PRESSURE 120MM FAN TWIN PACKKeyboard DELL original default keyboardMouse A4 Tech x2 800dpi | Sound On board~!

sounds like your current cards are fine the only thing u will be gaining from a 760 is lower power consumption u should wait for the 800 series. 

yeah but 500 series are kinda old so i wanted to be make my system as futureproof as possible with the money i have. Okay i'll stick to this and buy an SSD instead. Thankyou guys!

There is no such thing as future proofing. If you can still play games on ultra at 60fps then there is no reason to upgrade. Just get an SSD. If you do want to upgrade your graphics cards save some money aside for a GTX 880 or R9-390x and get one of them when they come out next year.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

There is no such thing as future proofing. If you can still play games on ultra at 60fps then there is no reason to upgrade. Just get an SSD. If you do want to upgrade your graphics cards save some money aside for a GTX 880 or R9-390x and get one of them when they come out next year.

i suppose i could do that.

Your best option to prepare for the future is to just save your money for when you actually need an upgrade. Technology will continually get better and cheaper so it's best not to upgrade until you have to. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you got enough graphics power stick with what you've got. In case you don't have an SSD I'd rather go and buy one of these ;) . The power increase your OS and games will work is crazy from a hdd.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I'm sorry but IMO, "futureproofing" is not a valid option for me to spend the money on a 760, it's a good card, but that's all, it's not the best for the upcoming years, getting a 780TI, now this is what I call futureproofing, but not a 760.

So to answer your question, just stick with the SLI setup you have

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

If you got enough graphics power stick with what you've got. In case you don't have an SSD I'd rather go and buy one of these ;) . The power increase your OS and games will work is crazy from a hdd.

Yeah that's the thing, i don't have an SSD right now so i really need to put my OS in it :P

I'm sorry but IMO, "futureproofing" is not a valid option for me to spend the money on a 760, it's a good card, but that's all, it's not the best for the upcoming years, getting a 780TI, now this is what I call futureproofing, but not a 760.

So to answer your question, just stick with the SLI setup you have

I completely agree, but 780ti is kinda out of my budget so i will have to save for it but since i'm saving money for it, wouldn't it be better if i wait till the 800 series come out? :/

I completely agree, but 780ti is kinda out of my budget so i will have to save for it but since i'm saving money for it, wouldn't it be better if i wait till the 800 series come out? :/

Oh yes of course, not saying you should buy a 780TI, dayum it's so expensive!

Well yeah, the waiting can be long but if you're willing to wait, go ahead, the 800 series can only be better than what they did with this 700 series, I was extremely disappointed with my 770 and I am currently waiting for AMD to launch the non-reference R9-290s, since the reference ones are just... Well bad. But from my experience, Nvidia makes great cards, but way to expensive for me, and 400€ for a card as powerful as the 780, yeah the choice is quite easy to make.

Oh yes of course, not saying you should buy a 780TI, dayum it's so expensive!

Well yeah, the waiting can be long but if you're willing to wait, go ahead, the 800 series can only be better than what they did with this 700 series, I was extremely disappointed with my 770 and I am currently waiting for AMD to launch the non-reference R9-290s, since the reference ones are just... Well bad. But from my experience, Nvidia makes great cards, but way to expensive for me, and 400€ for a card as powerful as the 780, yeah the choice is quite easy to make.

i just want something that i can run for the next 3 years at least :P. I will have to wait for the 800 series then ^^.

why don't you sell the 770? and get the R9-290 when the time comes? or will you be waiting for 800 series as well? :D

i just want something that i can run for the next 3 years at least :P. I will have to wait for the 800 series then ^^.

why don't you sell the 770? and get the R9-290 when the time comes? or will you be waiting for 800 series as well? :D

Already sold it, don't worry about that :D No just gonna wait a couple more days so that AMD announces the non-reference R9-290 and get it then, so in like, 10 days, maybe more, nobody knows when they're coming :/

Already sold it, don't worry about that :D No just gonna wait a couple more days so that AMD announces the non-reference R9-290 and get it then, so in like, 10 days, maybe more, nobody knows when they're coming :/

oh nice, i see you've got it all covered :P. Let's just hope it suits your taste unlike the 770 :/ but you must have done your research before buying it so i'm pretty sure it'll be good for you

This Was in the news earlier today: http://www.supersmart.no/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:6917341

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum