Black Screen After applying minor OC to R9-270.

Until recently, i was running my GPU at 1000mhz and the memory at 1450 mhz. To get a few extra FPS out of the Witcher 3, i applied a minor OC of 50hz to the core clock and booted into the game only to be greeted by a strange black screen with some patterns on it. The PC was utterly unresponsive so i restarted it and got a black screen (no cursor) instead of the login screen. (A bit of back-lighting was visible on the display and after a few seconds it turned off and on again to display the same thing)

I then used DDU in safe mode to uninstall the GPU drivers (Crimson 17.4.4) as well as MSI Afterburner. The PC did boot normally and seemed to work fine on the windows display divers but as soon as i attempted to install the AMD ones (about half way through the process) i got the black screen again. Even if i booted into the desktop (Windows 10 Pro) and did nothing i would still get the black screen after about 10 mins.

As a side note, i have been experiencing frequent power cuts over the last few days so it could just be the PSU?

I am at a loss here. All i can really think of is re-flashing the BIOS but i am not sure how i can do that on this card. If it turns out this is the solution, any basic tips pertaining to the same would be appreciated :)

My Specs- FX-6300 @ 3.8 ghz

Asus M5A97 LE

Kingston Hyper-x memory 8GB

Sapphire R9-270 Dual-x 2GB

Corsair CX500 1TB storage+ Samsuing 750 evo boot drive (250GB)

The CX PSU isn't that good. Avoid OC anything with it. IMO it might be the PSU fault.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

12 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

The CX PSU isn't that good. Avoid OC anything with it. IMO it might be the PSU fault.

Alright but is there anything i can do to verify my current clock speeds and roll them back? 

Roll them back to stock settings and use monitor software like GPU-Z to verify that your GPU is using stock settings

Is that what you mean?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

I was running a similar OC on my MSI R9 270 and ran into a similar issue.  Dialed everything back to stock, and uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers. I haven't had any issues since.   

1 hour ago, Ctown0812 said:

I was running a similar OC on my MSI R9 270 and ran into a similar issue.  Dialed everything back to stock, and uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers. I haven't had any issues since.   

Could you run me through the steps you followed to achieve this?

1 hour ago, ZM Fong said:

Roll them back to stock settings and use monitor software like GPU-Z to verify that your GPU is using stock settings

Is that what you mean?

Is there any way i can roll back the settings in safe mode? normal mode does work after in use DDU but only temporarily until i get hit with the same error.