Is this a balanced build?

1 minute ago, Flavlus said:

Your game should not crash from not enough memory. I run Fallout 4 and similar games on a scrapyard wars style computer with 2gb ram just fine. but had a little stutter on some games.. managed to upgrade to 4gb and run perfectly fine at 1080p. Yes it maxes out the ram but its still fine 

yes your game will crash if you dont have enough memory, my girlfriend pc crashes on battlefield 1 and she has 8gb.

Just now, stealth80 said:

I agree with your point of 1070 + 8gb and 1060 + 16gb.  But I would add that other 8gb asap 

Depends on his budget . if he has like exactly 1400 or something like that and cant afford an extra 30$ or so .. get the 4gb and get another 8gb stick in a month . PS notice i selected a 1 stick 8gb .. not 2x4gb . this was on purpos to allow for a ASAP upgrade to 16gb once he makes a couple extra pennies 

Just now, MrJarhead said:

yes your game will crash if you dont have enough memory, my girlfriend pc crashes on battlefield 1 and she has 8gb.

Something else is wrong then IMO . ive only experienced crashed at 1gb trying to run games like GTA , witcher 3 and Fallout 4. 2gb mate it stable just stuttery and 4gb was just fine. I think you may be having a differet kind of issue or have not set your Video settings accordingly. 

3 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

you mentioned about him playing at 1080p saying you would rather get a 1070 and 8gb, yet a 1060 is fine for 1080p so i dont get it xD.

144Hz , so 1060 wont keep up 

Just now, Flavlus said:

Something else is wrong then IMO . ive only experienced crashed at 1gb trying to run games like GTA , witcher 3 and Fallout 4. 2gb mate it stable just stuttery and 4gb was just fine. I think you may be having a differet kind of issue or have not set your Video settings accordingly. 

ive been doing this for 5 years now, i know my stuff, the game is using 10gb of ram and the game is shutting down and says low memory.

no other game has this issue.

Only thing I'd add to the discussion is that for the PSU, maybe the Cooler Master V650 or EVGA G3 550W will be better choices for around $80 (with current pricing). Seems like you guys are taking care of the rest :P

:)

ive been doing this for 5 years now, i know my stuff, the game is using 10gb of ram and the game is shutting down and says low memory.

no other game has this issue.

Hmm odd so BF1 has an issue 

1 minute ago, Flavlus said:

well the minimum is 8gb, so in theory yes it should be fine, however different systems, drivers and configs may need to use more, also depends on background apps open as well

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just now, Flavlus said:

Hmm odd so BF1 has an issue 

yes it uses too much ram xD this is what im getting at, 8gb of ram is not enough for some games, not all but some, but if he can add 8gb of ram later, then i fully support your idea of getting 8gb now and a 1070.

Just now, seon123 said:

Only thing I'd add to the discussion is that for the PSU, maybe the Cooler Master V650 or EVGA G3 550W will be better choices for around $80 (with current pricing). Seems like you guys are taking care of the rest :P

Yeah with his current pick id be afraid of something going wrong damaging the rest of his system.

yes it uses too much ram xD this is what im getting at, 8gb of ram is not enough for some games, not all but some, but if he can add 8gb of ram later, then i fully support your idea of getting 8gb now and a 1070.

Yeah getting another 8gb stick later is much easier than selling the 1060 and getting a 1070 

Just now, Flavlus said:

Yeah getting another 8gb stick later is much easier than selling the 1060 and getting a 1070 

exactly, dont feel like im trying to be an a**hole, just having a discussion :D, also seasonic psus are good, not sure about that model in particular but theyre good.

26 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

that seasonic psu is a tier 2 psu according to @STRMfrmXMN

The one in the link at the first post? That's an M12 which is tier 3 on my list.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

6 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The one in the link at the first post? That's an M12 which is tier 3 on my list.

My bad it's the higher watt ones that are tier 2.

Sorry I wasn't here for a while.

I edited my plan a bit. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WVzMxY

I want 16gb or ram because I'm on 8gb ram on my laptop and in my opinion its not enough. My ram goes to 100% quite a lot. Also, I don't need to squeeze in a 1070 because I'm only doing 1080p gaming. Sure I can squeeze in a 1070  

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dLRGM8

But, why when I dont need it and would prefer to just save the money.   

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

Revive the convo

1 hour ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

1 hour ago, MrJarhead said:

My bad it's the higher watt ones that are tier 2.

2 hours ago, Flavlus said:

2 hours ago, stealth80 said:

well the minimum is 8gb, so in theory yes it should be fine, however different systems, drivers and configs may need to use more, also depends on background apps open as well

2 hours ago, seon123 said:

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

1 hour ago, Vandorlot said:

Sorry I wasn't here for a while.

I edited my plan a bit. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WVzMxY

I want 16gb or ram because I'm on 8gb ram on my laptop and in my opinion its not enough. My ram goes to 100% quite a lot. Also, I don't need to squeeze in a 1070 because I'm only doing 1080p gaming. Sure I can squeeze in a 1070  

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dLRGM8

But, why when I dont need it and would prefer to just save the money.   

If you are going for 1060 you might as well downgrade your monitor. You won't be hitting the desired 144hz on the 1060 unless really lowering graphics. Especially if running on the intel i5. 1060 is meant for 1080p 60hz not 144hz. Unless all you are playing is league of legends and like CSGO, in which case save money and go 1050ti or something like that or even the 470. The 1060 is a waste of money. 

i dont thing the 1060 really has a place in the market that well. the 470 and 1050ti a good enough for 1080p casual gaming and for the people who wnat more performance you really have to jump to the 1070.

7 hours ago, stealth80 said:

I don't think it is usage/utilisation (4790k)  cant remember, that is back when I had SLI 970's and a the G15, been on a 1080 and Corsair K65 for a while now. But ye, was freak situation and only those games did it - I was having low system memory crashes at 16gb so upgraded to 32gb. All my other games at 4k were fine. 

Huh chill? Lol we're just discussing

Well sorry the point of the thread was to help a guy that had questions about his own build. Not start a discussion about 4k performance metrics

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

2 hours ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

Well sorry the point of the thread was to help a guy that had questions about his own build. Not start a discussion about 4k performance metrics

which is how a lot of discussions are started, this is a discussion forum ...  this how people come to agree on the best advice

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

7 hours ago, Vandorlot said:

Revive the convo

You never answered me, is the i5 already bought? if not don't. Reasons I already quoted you for earlier in this thread. 

Here's more

Ryzen Ram Guide

15 hours ago, stealth80 said:

You never answered me, is the i5 already bought? if not don't. Reasons I already quoted you for earlier in this thread. 

Here's more

I didn't buy it but yet but an i7 kills my budget and I'm already trying to squeeze in a1070.

My Rig

Peripherals

15 hours ago, stealth80 said:

Here's more

If you can get me a build with it and not sacrificing lots of pretty important stuff then Ill see.

My Rig

Peripherals

Why not go for ryzen chips? Im pretty sure an r5 1600 and b350 motherboard would be cheaper than the intel setup. From personal experience an i5 WILL have stuttering in pretty much all open world games because of the lack of threads and limited cores. The i5s atm are not a good option because games i predict by fall will start needing more cores. Also, make sure you get 16gb instead of 8gb of ram, I find that games nowadays are page filing more and when i upgraded to 16gb the stuttering decreased significantly.

This one is a bit more but is worth spending as there is a huge bump in specs.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zjHGM8
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zjHGM8/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($306.69 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler  ($65.49 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-K ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($78.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Team Dark 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($146.98 @ Directron) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce OC Video Card  ($341.73 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($56.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($34.90 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($229.99 @ Amazon) 
Headphones: Logitech G930 7.1 Channel  Headset  ($79.09 @ OutletPC) 
Other: Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($30.00)
Total: $1470.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-04 22:52 EDT-0400