Is this a balanced build?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WffMd6

I have been trying to get the best build for a while now. Before anyone starts flaming me for getting an i5, I am only doing gaming so an r5 is not needed. Also, before someone recommends it, I don't want an s340 or an s340 elite. The final thing I want to say is that I really want an m.2 and I by the time I run out of space, I would have enough money to buy an HHD.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

you don't need to buy thermal paste the 212EVO comes with some. and RX580 should be a better bang for the buck at that price range (you might want the nvida option though so do what ever you want). and lastly you don't need to buy extra fans the case comes with plenty and they're good enough

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

4 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

I have been trying to get the best build for a while now. Before anyone starts flaming me for getting an i5, I am only doing gaming so an r5 is not needed. Also, before someone recommends it, I don't want an s340 or an s340 elite. The final thing I want to say is that I really want an m.2 and I by the time I run out of space, I would have enough money to buy an HHD.

Did you already buy the i5? That's a really bad idea, ive been advising against i5's for gaming long before Ryzen appeared, the R5 just gives a cheaper alternative to the i7, I would also take a 580 over the 1060 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Even if you're only gaming I still think Ryzen is a better option due to it having higher minimums. I'd also take a 580 over a 1060.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

4 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Did you already buy the i5? That's a really bad idea, ive been advising against i5's for gaming long before Ryzen appeared, the R5 just gives a cheaper alternative to the i7, I would also take a 580 over the 1060 

i7 doesnt majorly impact gaming performance. 

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

12 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

you don't need to buy thermal paste the 212EVO comes with some. and RX580 should be a better bang for the buck at that price range (you might want the nvida option though so do what ever you want). and lastly you don't need to buy extra fans the case comes with plenty and they're good enough

It comes with 2 fans. I want the nvidia option.

My Rig

Peripherals

24 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

I would get a better PSU and downgrade to 8GB or ram. Also downgrade the CPU. You don't need to overclock for gaming or just run a ryzen 1600 or 1600x for cheap overclocking and better for multitasking too.  IMO 16GB is a bit overkill for gaming. Not much point in an M.2 ssd either I think .. save some money and get a standard Sata SSD as day to day you will see no difference unless transferring large files and things like that. 

So to summerise :

16GB to 8GB, 

Downgrade CPU or Go Ryzen 1600/1600x,

M.2 to Sata SSD,

Upgrade PSU to a better brand , 

Upgrade to 1070 with all the money you just saved :) 

4 minutes ago, Flavlus said:

I would get a better PSU and downgrade to 8GB or ram. Also downgrade the CPU. You don't need to overclock for gaming or just run a ryzen 1600 or 1600x for cheap overclocking and better for multitasking too.  IMO 16GB is a bit overkill for gaming. Not much point in an M.2 ssd either I think .. save some money and get a standard Sata SSD as day to day you will see no difference unless transferring large files and things like that. 

So to summerise :

16GB to 8GB, 

Downgrade CPU or Go Ryzen 1600/1600x,

M.2 to Sata SSD,

Upgrade PSU to a better brand , 

Upgrade to 1070 with all the money you just saved :) 

16gb of ram is a better option than 8gb and every gamer knows it, a lot of games these days eat ram like hell.

and downgrade cpu? silly thing to do also. ryzen would be a good choice, but a downgrade from either would be a bad choice.

6 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

16gb of ram is a better option than 8gb and every gamer knows it, a lot of games these days eat ram like hell.

and downgrade cpu? silly thing to do also. ryzen would be a good choice, but a downgrade from either would be a bad choice.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b4YrCy TRY This on for size, Which build do you think will run games better. 
There are very few games that need 16gb. but ok here it is with 16GB:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GdGf4C

27 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

i7 doesnt majorly impact gaming performance. 

no no no - in the last 6 - 10 months there has been many titiles benefiting from the extra threads of an i7. It is also not just about FPS, but frame times. The age old advice of i5's for gaming is dead - I'm not saying everyone with an i5 must upgrade, but I would advise anyone building fresh go with a 7700k or a Ryzen 5 if on a tighter budget

check out this picture showing an i5 vs i7, red and brown been the i7 and blue/green been the i5, see how much more stable the i7's frame times are? This will present itself as stutter free gaming, and this is only battlefield 4

42HiPN0.png

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

7 minutes ago, MrJarhead said:

or my preferred build  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GfVYBP:) i think this is best

3 minutes ago, Flavlus said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b4YrCy TRY This on for size, Which build do you think will run games better. 
There are very few games that need 16gb. but ok here it is with 16GB:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GdGf4C

You would think wouldn't you? 

03Ksven.jpg?1

19gb ram usage at 4k, cant remember if it was Rise of the Tomb Raider or GTAv

Ryzen Ram Guide

3 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

03Ksven.jpg?1

He is only gaming at 1080p. I know at 4k you can use more ram. 1080p has 1/4 of the pixels of 4k

I have never saturated when I played at 1080p .. then again ive upgraded my own system to 16gb ram and 4k display for the past year or so. So if new games really do saturate it I wouldnt know.  And at the and of the day if i had to pick between 8gb ram and 1070 and 16gb ramand 1060 i would pick the 1070 everytime. I i think most people would too. AKA if those few dolars is the difference between 1070 and 1060 .. save on the ram and get a 1070. You will get more frames going 1060 to 1070 than 8gb to 16gb

9 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

no no no - in the last 6 - 10 months there has been many titiles benefiting from the extra threads of an i7. It is also not just about FPS, but frame times. The age old advice of i5's for gaming is dead - I'm not saying everyone with an i5 must upgrade, but I would advise anyone building fresh go with a 7700k or a Ryzen 5 if on a tighter budget

check out this picture showing an i5 vs i7, red and brown been the i7 and blue/green been the i5, see how much more stable the i7's frame times are? This will present itself as stutter free gaming, and this is only battlefield 4

42HiPN0.png

This is why i recomend the ryzen over i5 . and if going i5 .. might aswell cheap out and get a cheaper i5 as you are still more limited by the core count as all i5 are high enpough cloked for 90% of games.  ... Moto of the story go Ryzen 1600 / 1600x if you cant afford i7 

9 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

03Ksven.jpg?1

Also 5% Cpu Usage ? what ?

2 minutes ago, Flavlus said:

ok chill guys this isn't a 4k gaming build

13 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

03Ksven.jpg?1

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

doesnt matter whether its 4k or not, games these days will still eat up more than 8gb of ram, battlefield 1 at 1080p uses around 9-10gb of ram.

1 hour ago, Vandorlot said:

Please have a look here   https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GfVYBP I think this is a better option. you get better everything for not much more. 

5 minutes ago, Flavlus said:

I don't think it is usage/utilisation (4790k)  cant remember, that is back when I had SLI 970's and a the G15, been on a 1080 and Corsair K65 for a while now. But ye, was freak situation and only those games did it - I was having low system memory crashes at 16gb so upgraded to 32gb. All my other games at 4k were fine. 

5 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

ok chill guys this isn't a 4k gaming build

Huh chill? Lol we're just discussing

Ryzen Ram Guide

1 minute ago, MrJarhead said:

doesnt matter whether its 4k or not, games these days will still eat up more than 8gb of ram, battlefield 1 at 1080p uses around 9-10gb of ram.

I was talking more for a perspective of 8gb with 1070 or 16gb with 1060. what runs the games better? 

Just now, Flavlus said:

I was talking more for a perspective of 8gb with 1070 or 16gb with 1060. what runs the games better? 

well the one with the 1070, but whats the point having a 1070 if the games you play will crash due to not having enough memory?

not saying all games use more than 8gb but the ones that do screw you over.

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

I don't think it is usage/utilisation (4790k)  cant remember, that is back when I had SLI 970's and a the G15, been on a 1080 and Corsair K65 for a while now. But ye, was freak situation and only those games did it - I was having low system memory crashes at 16gb so upgraded to 32gb. All my other games at 4k were fine. 

Huh chill? Lol we're just discussing

Ok so might be reading abit wrong on the cpu usage or whatever. i get you point though about the ram .. maybe go 16gb but really do try squeze a 1070 in there IMO

Just now, Flavlus said:

Ok so might be reading abit wrong on the cpu usage or whatever. i get you point though about the ram .. maybe go 16gb but really do try squeze a 1070 in there IMO

I agree with your point of 1070 + 8gb and 1060 + 16gb.  But I would add that other 8gb asap 

Ryzen Ram Guide

Just now, MrJarhead said:

well the one with the 1070, but whats the point having a 1070 if the games you play will crash due to not having enough memory?

Your game should not crash from not enough memory. I run Fallout 4 and similar games on a scrapyard wars style computer with 2gb ram just fine. but had a little stutter on some games.. managed to upgrade to 4gb and run perfectly fine at 1080p. Yes it maxes out the ram but its still fine 

2 minutes ago, Flavlus said:

you mentioned about him playing at 1080p saying you would rather get a 1070 and 8gb, yet a 1060 is fine for 1080p so i dont get it xD.