PC vs Console Gaming (PS4) ?

GamerGuy

I have a laptop that is fine, nothing special but want to get into gaming with a low budget of 600-700$, Is it cheaper to build a pc and buy pc games or just buy a PS4 and buy games for that? Games are expensive these days :/ (Since there are free games for PC, are there free games for PS4 as well? Last console I had was the Nintendo 64 lolol

hi

There are F2P games on PS4 and they don't require the PS+ subscription to play online, but the only F2P on PS4 currently is Warframe. There is going to be War Thunder, Blacklight Retribution, Planetside 2, and DCUO.

Honestly, PC gaming pays off over time. Now that both consoles require a payment to play online(PS+ or Xbox Live Gold, unless you play F2P only, unless you play on Xbox which you have to pay for Xbox Live Gold to play World of Tanks). PC games are cheap, especially with sales and you don't get charged to play online.

In the end, PC gaming is better and cheaper, but the up front cost is more. Your choice.

get a pc, humble bundel, steam summer sale, pc games are always 5/10$ cheaper

nuff siad

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

games for PC are often $50 instead of the consoles $60

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

PC is still the way to go for me, 700 USD will get you PS4 quality in terms of graphic preformance no problem, plus you can use a desktop for emulators and stuff.

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

In Australia games are often $20 instead of console $80-$110.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Yea 700$ will get you a nice build, which I'm guessing should handle most games on mid-high settings at a reasonable fps.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Same here, except its in euros :(

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

The initial cost for a nice gaming PC might be a little higher but the games are dirt cheap, we get sales all the time! And playing online is free. I'd go PC but build your own.

PC all the way! Torrent dem games yo

Console for COD anytime anyday

[Main Rig] CPU: Intel Core i7-2700k OC 4.2GHz Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3 GPU: MSI R9-280x RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz 4x4GB Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 PSU: OCZ ModXstream Pro 700w Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus  SSD: 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Display: 2x 21" Samsung LED 1080p 60Hz 5ms and upto 8TB extra storage

[Peripherals] Mouse1: Razer Naga Mouse2: Logitech Performance MX Mouse Keyboard: Razer Deathstalker Ultimate Headset: CM Storm Ceres 400 Webcam: Microsoft Lifecam HD-6000 Speaker: Logitech Speaker System Z523

I wonder how many games you have torrented.

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U @ 3.1GHz  GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M  RAM 4GB DDR3  Storage 500GB 5400 RPM  DISPLAY 1366 x 768 Laptop Display MOBO Laptop MOBO  CASE Laptop Case  PSU Laptop PSU  OS Windows 8.1 x64

pc u have emulators cheaper games u can upgrade your pc when u get money get more flexibility like multiple monitors higher resolutions no need for backwards compatibility because games will always work and its yours u can make it custom u can add your own touches u can mod games dont have to be locked down into subscriptions to play and no worries of you getting console banned.

Can I use a controller on my pc making it somewhat like a console? Is that possible? Thx for all the help!

hi

Can I use a controller on my pc making it somewhat like a console? Is that possible? Thx for all the help!

Yes, Xbox 360 controller are practically plug and play and Steam has a "Big Picture" mode which pretty much makes your PC a console.

Like MbV93 has said, yes it is possible.

I would recommend a wired Xbox 360 controller and use XPadder. XPadder is program in which you can emulate keyboard keys on a controller, also with mouse with analog. You can also get a Logitech F310 and I believe both the new DS4 and Xbox One controller will work(?).

I would only use XPadder if the game doesn't support controller natively however. I use my Xbox 360 controller to play Guild Wars 2 from my bed to my TV with ease, just exploring and crafting really.

yea you can even dual shock 4 is well supported on pc this early it was practically plug n play with big picture or you can use xpadder also if you want to use wireless for xbox just buy a dongle on newegg u can cheap one about $25 or a cheaper china import for like $10 but those have driver issues but they are pretty easy to resolve

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

also with mods, You will never get tired of games. Also, you can do everything on a PC while on a console you can only do very limited things. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Also, keep in mind that a pc is a PC which means you can do a whole freaking lot more with it!

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

This is not endorsed around here. 

Basically everyone here will tell you go PC :P

It might be a little bit more expensive up front, but the amount of money I have saved on sales is probably enough to BUY a console. An xbox controller just plugs in and plays with most games out of the box, so if you like to use that you won't have much trouble.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

also with mods, You will never get tired of games. Also, you can do everything on a PC while on a console you can only do very limited things. 

true that e.g. 1 suicidesurvival xD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?